You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Hollow Earth

Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 4:09am

Post 1 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Ok I just wached a show that said the earth may be hollow and In the very middle there could be an advanced civilazation.

Now you may think that all the books say that it is made up of layers. One explorer who went to the north pole is said to have found the enterance to one of the caves that leads to the Earths so to say hollow inside. It was never proven that the earth was made of layers and isnt hollow.

Some countrys are not allowing people to explore natrual opanings in the Earth unless they have an exper liscence from the government... It may be because they forund something, or because they dont want anyone to find anything and are afraid of what might happen. Myth says the hollow part of the Earth holds a paridise. If people found this paridise and migrated to it the whole process of government would have to start all over.

What do you think of this theory?
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 4:32am

Post 2 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I think you are full of it, and that the government doesn't want people going in caves because they can get hurt, or damage fragile rock formations. smile
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 4:46am

Post 3 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

well yah but it has never been proven the earth isnt hollow.... Its all hypothesis that its made of layers how would you know. I know the advanced people may be allitle to far out but the earth may be hollow.
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:01am

Post 4 of 78

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

If the earth was hollow, then gravity would not pull on objects at 9.8 m/s^2. If the earth was hollow, then the mass of the earth would be completely different (obviously) and therefore physics would not work in the form that they are in. Thus, the earth is not hollow. Sure, there are fissures and caves, but overall, it is a solid structure.
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:09am

Post 5 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Aha but Im not saying the entire earth is hollow jsut like the very center the core. No probe has ever been sent down there to prove its not so there can be no evidence therefor some kind of lifeform can exist there if it is hollow.... All of this is theory just getting your guys opinion.
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:10am

Post 6 of 78

Magic_man12

Force: 853 | Joined: 20th Mar 2002 | Posts: 1350

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Theres no way it is hollow

They teach in universities that it isn't. you think that before ANY school taught something like that, that they would have made sure b4 they did?

-MAGIC
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:16am

Post 7 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Um.... I was waching techtv ( technology television) channel and they said it was never proven that the earth is hollow. Before you say tv can lie thats techtv sort of like a information channel or education chanell.
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:51am

Post 8 of 78

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

With the amount of gravitational pull on the surface of the earth, it is apparent that the center of the earth is indeed solid or liquid. At the depth at which the center of the earth is found, whatever makes up that center must not be easily compressible. Hollow space would be filled, end of story.
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 5:52am

Post 9 of 78

MechaForce

Force: 4654 | Joined: 3rd Aug 2001 | Posts: 1934

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Just because TechTV is a more informational channel doesn't mean everything they say is true.

It's a theory, kid. And a farfetched one at that. Theories aren't always true.

But if there were aliens in the center of the earth, it would rock!
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 11:04am

Post 10 of 78

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

It would also seem contradict the general ideas of how planetary bodies form, with gases and rock and metal all coalescing into a ball that eventually creates a planet. Be a bit random if that process left a convenient hole in the middle smile

Besides, it would be pitch black. Humans would have a rather hard time living down there. smile
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 11:08pm

Post 11 of 78

Crawford

Force: 260 | Joined: 5th Oct 2003 | Posts: 162

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

tard

If the Earth were hollow, sound wouldn't travel through it the way it does.

We've set off large explosions -- remember the nuclear tests? -- and had seismographs listening at various points around the world. A hollow space would have created an echo. There was no echo; instead you get "bending" of the sound waves, like lenses, as a result of the varying density of the various layers.

As far as I can recall, the "hollow earth" theory has its origins in the crackpot religions that popped up at the end of the 19th century. It has as much basis in facts as a historical Atlantis or Mu, or the constant claims of various backwood rubes that they've discovered evidence of Romans or Phoenicians or the Lost Tribe of Israel in the US.

I could easily make a TV show claiming the Earth is about to be hit by a giant sundae, complete with nuts and whipped cream. It wouldn't make it true, and I bet I could get TechTV or SciFi to air it.

tard
Posted: Mon, 10th Nov 2003, 11:10pm

Post 12 of 78

Crawford

Force: 260 | Joined: 5th Oct 2003 | Posts: 162

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

Tarn wrote:

Besides, it would be pitch black. Humans would have a rather hard time living down there. smile
It would also be near zero gravity and have crushing atmospheric pressure.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 12:37am

Post 13 of 78

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

That means plants couldn't live there, so neither could animals, or humans.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 3:27am

Post 14 of 78

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Crawford wrote:

As far as I can recall, the "hollow earth" theory has its origins in the crackpot religions that popped up at the end of the 19th century. It has as much basis in facts as a historical Atlantis or Mu, or the constant claims of various backwood rubes that they've discovered evidence of Romans or Phoenicians or the Lost Tribe of Israel in the US.

I could easily make a TV show claiming the Earth is about to be hit by a giant sundae, complete with nuts and whipped cream. It wouldn't make it true, and I bet I could get TechTV or SciFi to air it.
I find Atlantis to have more plausibility than this, but you're right. People will believe anything. Look at that stupid idea of how the Moonwalk in 1969 was faked tard

And speaking of such TV programs... look at John Edward. He's convinced millions that he speaks to the dead. I've convinced people that I can talk to the dead too, even going as far as to "prove" it using the same methods that Edward does.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 3:48am

Post 15 of 78

averagejoe

Force: 3592 | Joined: 31st Mar 2001 | Posts: 710

VisionLab User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXpreset Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I am by no means trying to say the earth is indeed hollow but do you know how to make an iron cannon ball hollow?



You rotate it at high speed while in a molten state...

eek

Another thing to chew on would be those round hollow rocks called geodes. If I remember right their name means "Earth like"... anyway that was averagejoe's pointless rant for the day. tard

I remember seeing something on tv about this too. Most of it is really interesting but like everything that cannot be proven and does not have LAW next to it must be taken with a grain of salt. biggrin

Hey someone ought to write a book about traveling to the center of the earth and finding a habital place with a civilization.... wink razz
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 4:00am

Post 16 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

There might be pockets of space in the center, but I sincerely doubt it's anything more than a buble you'd find in a mudball.


Also, don't forget that when there's an earthquake, the waves are cast through the earth, but receivers on the exact opposite side of the globe can't pick up readings because the core blocks the waves from travelling through the magma.


speaking of magma, wouldn't the heat play into disproving that so-called theory?


Anyone here ever heard of the magic school bus? They proved the earth was solid. razz
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 5:00am

Post 17 of 78

MidnightJester

Force: 532 | Joined: 20th Nov 2002 | Posts: 277

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Damn right. Ms Frizzle told me that it was made up of layers, and I don't second guess Ms Frizzle!
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 1:43pm

Post 18 of 78

TMM

Force: 2288 | Joined: 10th Dec 2001 | Posts: 1241

Windows User

Gold Member

hooray for the magic school bus!!! i like the one when they went into the human body! biggrin

also, it is more or less proved, because when u pass sound waves through the earth they react as if they r travelling through a liquid (ie lava) not a gas, or solid. learnt that when i was like 14 - so must be true wink

TMM twisted
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 2:56pm

Post 19 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Yay one persons with me and what program did you see it on avengerjoe? I also thought it was interesting its hard to believe but then if we were told the earth is hollow then this topic may have been called layerd earth and we'd think thats a bunch of rubbish too. But any way none of this has ever been proven no one has ever sent a probe into the center of the earth to find out if its hollow or not so what you learn in school is still only hypothisis!
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 3:08pm

Post 20 of 78

4036Douglas

Force: 920 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 893

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

slick, will you get off the idea that we can send a probe down there? people have never been able to dig more than a mile or two (probably even less) so what makes you think that we can send a probe there? and if the earth is made up of layers, which i believe is very likely, the probe would melt.
(wow, i did all this without my science magazines!)
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 3:27pm

Post 21 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Ok now joe a probe is an advanced machiene like they send into space (duh) and I dont mean dig into the earth. Again the theory says there is an opaning at the north pole that goes to the center of the earth (which is said to be hollow) and that one old explorer found the opening and wrote about it in his diary or something. Im saying if the cave is there they could send a probe down there but the hole is almot impossible to find its somewhere around the north pole wow thats easy lets jsut find it (no). The north pole is huge and if there is such a opening it may lead far into the earth where different life forms live and such ( not humans or any thing like bugs and stuff). And because we've only dug about 2 miles into the earth how do you know the core couldnt be hollow?
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 5:41pm

Post 22 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Awwwwwww, c'mon guys, we all know the Earth is flat!
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 6:04pm

Post 23 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

This is the perfect example of someone thinking they're intelligent because they think something that everyone else doesn't think...and they stopped doing so a long time ago because it was proven wrong.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 6:23pm

Post 24 of 78

MechaForce

Force: 4654 | Joined: 3rd Aug 2001 | Posts: 1934

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Actaully, Atlantis was a real city, and it really was flooded with water, except there weren't any magical secrets or whatnot, it was just a flood.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 7:27pm

Post 25 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

But sidey dont you get it this theory was never proven wrong nor right! How many times do I have to say that?
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 8:04pm

Post 26 of 78

4036Douglas

Force: 920 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 893

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

well slick, if you really think that there's a tunnel that goes to the center of the earth at the north pole, you go there, take pictures and come back here and prove it.
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 8:13pm

Post 27 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I dont think that experts on crack think that Im jsut saying sence its never been proven that there are layers nor has it been proven that the earth is hollow in the very center it may be true. And also that what weve been learning in school is completly a huge guess that they decided to go with instead of serching to find out if what they teach kids is really true! (those bastards may be telling us the complete oppasite or maybe the truth who knows)
Posted: Tue, 11th Nov 2003, 11:20pm

Post 28 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

No slick, as cool as it would be to have a city in the center of the earth, it HAS been proven wrong. We just explained how throughout the whole thread.
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 1:41am

Post 29 of 78

AndrewtheActorMan

Force: 1859 | Joined: 31st May 2003 | Posts: 1477

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

4036Douglas wrote:

slick, will you get off the idea that we can send a probe down there? people have never been able to dig more than a mile or two (probably even less) so what makes you think that we can send a probe there? and if the earth is made up of layers, which i believe is very likely, the probe would melt.
(wow, i did all this without my science magazines!)
if slick is serious.... send him down! he seems confident....INTO THE MAGMA! hehe
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 1:46am

Post 30 of 78

Hajiku_Flip

Force: 3786 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1669

Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I'd be willing to take that bet, and send slick into the giant hole in the North Pole that leads to the center of our planet. That is, assuming it isn't already filled up with all that ice and water. rolleyes
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 1:51am

Post 31 of 78

AndrewtheActorMan

Force: 1859 | Joined: 31st May 2003 | Posts: 1477

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

well, he could swim...we will give him nothing to where so he will REALLY freeze his butt off!! Mwahaha...or maybe some underwear tho...eww mad
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 4:12pm

Post 32 of 78

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Ok. This idea is preposterous. Saying that it COULD be true is like saying that the matrix COULD exist simply because no one ever proved it doesn't. We all know that's fiction. So is this "theory". A work of fiction, that is way to far fetched to even be plausible.

So yes, send slick to the north pole to go to the mysterious cave that leads to the hidden city. But... he's not gonna find anything.
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 4:47pm

Post 33 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Damn the city isnt what I believe advanced humans living in the earth is stupid Im just saying sence it hasent been proven that the earth is all made up of layers, then the center could be hollow!
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 6:30pm

Post 34 of 78

MechaForce

Force: 4654 | Joined: 3rd Aug 2001 | Posts: 1934

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

IT IS PROVEN THAT IT ISN'T HOLLOW. SHUT UP FOOL.

note : sidey posted this under my account. i would've said the same thing, but without caps.

Last edited Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 12:01am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 6:37pm

Post 35 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! times 1000000000.... On steraroids!!!!!!!
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 7:03pm

Post 36 of 78

otteypm

Force: 1494 | Joined: 29th Mar 2001 | Posts: 775

Windows User

Gold Member

Plate techtonics.....kinda shows the earth is made of layers. Under the crust is the red hot MAGMA, which is a liquid. The earth spins creating a gravitational field which pulls things towards its centre. The red hot magma would therefore fill the void at the centre of the earth.


Here's an interesting bit from a site I looked at

For the people that live in the middle earth, the closer they get to the center of the crust (i.e. - 400 miles down), the less effect gravity will have upon them. In the book, "Etidorhpa", when this individual traveling down into the earth reached the center of gravity, i.e. where there is no gravity --- he was able to move by the power of his mind, his heart stop beating and he didn't need to eat.
Well Im convinced tard
Posted: Wed, 12th Nov 2003, 7:13pm

Post 37 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Im actually open into believing anything. Seeing that i dont think scientists have a clue about what they are talking about. In my astronomy 161 class yesterday we went over how the moon was created. Many scientists believe that a crater from mars crashed into the earth and kicked up alot of rock beyond the atmosphere into space and that created the moon... I said that sounds like the biggest load of pig piss that i have ever heard. So who knows whats real or whats really happening beyond what people havent seen or cannot see.
Posted: Sat, 15th Nov 2003, 8:16am

Post 38 of 78

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I want slick to show us all that it has not been proven that the earth is not hollow. Since he's so convinced, he should do some research.
Posted: Sat, 15th Nov 2003, 8:37am

Post 39 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

CX3, why do you think it's pig piss that the moon is made up of part of earth? The mineral composition matches. Why would you just disregard what the professors said?


Otteypm: gravity isn't caused by earth's spinning, but I'm not sure if you just miswrote...
Posted: Sun, 16th Nov 2003, 10:04am

Post 40 of 78

otteypm

Force: 1494 | Joined: 29th Mar 2001 | Posts: 775

Windows User

Gold Member

B'duh, good job I'm not in charge of the universe, I'll have another go


Blah de blah de blah Gravity blah blah centripetal force blah blah blah centre sucky action blah blah blab


I think that actually makes more sense....
Posted: Sun, 16th Nov 2003, 4:36pm

Post 41 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

There you go!
Posted: Sun, 16th Nov 2003, 6:09pm

Post 42 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Sidey, i dont doubt that the moon is part of the earth, we learned that its the same matter. Im just sayin that how the hell would they know that a big peice of mars crashed into the earth, kicking up rock from the earth all the way out of our atmosphere and then creating the moon. Some scientists think other scientists are crazy for thinking that. I mean it is pretty much impossible to prove that it was made like that.
Posted: Mon, 17th Nov 2003, 10:40pm

Post 43 of 78

Whose Line Is It Now

Force: 10 | Joined: 16th Jan 2003 | Posts: 19

Windows User

Member

hahahahaha. I saw that show you are talking about.

Guys he saw unscrewed, its a show that makes fun of weird people. I had some nut on there saying that there are giants in the middle of the earth, and the guy said he channeled a link between him and one of the giants. The guy said its like drugs when u breath down there. I was busting a gut laughin.


he stole this from the show unscrewed go look at the show notes on techtv.com
Posted: Mon, 17th Nov 2003, 11:09pm

Post 44 of 78

cantaclaro

Force: 2036 | Joined: 24th Oct 2001 | Posts: 875

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

This just in....

The Moon is made of Cheese!!! American Cheese because of the flag...

Canta unsure
Posted: Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 1:26am

Post 45 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

CX3, didn't they find mars rocks on the moon and the earth? That would back up the theory...
Posted: Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 2:10am

Post 46 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Sidey, alot has happened since the creation of the moon. Rocks from mars could have fallen on the earth and the moon at other times. I guess I just dont like learning stuff that nobody knows is true or not and never will. I mean you said it yourself "That would back up the theory..." and a theory isn't proven. I mean, let me make an educated guess on how the moon was created and let people have homework and take tests and exams over it. Dah' well... anyways, what is this a Astronomy Website Forum?... i say we get back to what were good at and make some movies, speaking of witch I gotta run some tests. So lets stop talking about some big rock thats in the air.
Posted: Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 2:52am

Post 47 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

No, I agree that theorys shouldn't be taught as fact. So many things in schools today are portrayed as such. Evolution, and globabal warming, just to name a few.


Don't get me wrong, I don't think evolution doesn't exists, but I doubt the existence of global warming is an issue humans need to worry about.
Posted: Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 3:14am

Post 48 of 78

averagejoe

Force: 3592 | Joined: 31st Mar 2001 | Posts: 710

VisionLab User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXpreset Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I am not supporting thoughts that the Earth might be hollow but... Reading this thread made me want to know more about how these "scientists" think this planet and maybe other planets are hollow. I sifted through alot of crap forums and found one of the more official looking organizations. Here is the link.

The International Society for a Complete Earth

Disclaimer: If you decide to look out of curiosty like I did, remember most of what you read may not really be cold hard facts.

As a side not on the home page they mention they are looking for an independant film maker to produce some videos for their group.
Posted: Tue, 18th Nov 2003, 9:13am

Post 49 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:

... but I doubt the existence of global warming is an issue humans need to worry about.
Err, you are joking, right?
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 7:38am

Post 50 of 78

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Humans are gonna worry about it, but in my opinion, it's like worrying about hurricanes. We KNOW it's going to happen, and eventually it'll go away. It's natural.
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 10:01am

Post 51 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Humans are gonna worry about it, but in my opinion, it's like worrying about hurricanes. We KNOW it's going to happen, and eventually it'll go away. It's natural.
Is that what they teach you over there? Jesus Christ, no wonder we are heading for a global catastrophe!
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 1:28pm

Post 52 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

This is all Im saying that in school we are learning that the earth has layers because some crazy scientist said so and didnt even test. So it may be hollow.
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 2:42pm

Post 53 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Slick, some crazy scientist didn't just say the earth had layers, and everyone believed him...


jjuerss: It seems you are as convicted about what is an unproven theory about as much as a religious fundamentalist. Go do some research on google showing the opposing side to the global wrming debate, which is never taught in schools, yet is in fact the opinion of many scientists.



Here, I'lll throw a few facts out off the top of my head...

Pollution and emissions have actually declined since 1950, but somehow, people say global warming is increasing...

Studies on the ice of antarctica show that the earth goes through cycles of warm and cold (hence, the ice age). Right now, we are exiting a cold period, so it would make sense that the earth would warm slightly.

This also means that there is extra ice on the polar ends of the earth still left from this cold period, which still have to melt to return to a normal level.

But before you respond, if you really care about knowing the truth on this subject, I'd ask that you look around the web a little, even if you disagree.
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 3:05pm

Post 54 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Actually last year, a big glacier that was on Antarctica broke away from it and started to melt away. Which scientists are very worried about. Saying that this could be signs of the great flood that is going to come to the planet. But that flood wouldnt happen in time in our lifetime and a long time after. So as long as im not here... let the water roll.. haha... im just kidding... But i'd rather not stick around for that.. confused
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 3:19pm

Post 55 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:


...jjuerss: It seems you are as convicted about what is an unproven theory about as much as a religious fundamentalist. Go do some research on google showing the opposing side to the global wrming debate, which is never taught in schools, yet is in fact the opinion of many scientists...
Ooooh, you just had to get me started, didn't you? Well, where should I start, there are so many holes in your argument I just don't know where to start... oh, I know...

1) The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), later evolved to the Kyoto Protocol. Let me see now, 186 countries, including the USA, are signed up to the UNFCCC. Let me put it another way, 186 of this planets 191 countries (that's 97.4%) with the combined wisdom of each countries top scientists advising each government have acknowledged that human interference will cause substantial climate change (in addition to natural climate change) within our lifetimes. I don't have to remind people that President Bush and his administration, in their infinite wisdom, have decided not to sign up to the Kyoto Protocol which set targets for the reduction in pollutants that cause global warming, a case of "Yes, we know we are killing the planet, but we ain't gonna do anything about it while there's oil in them there wells... Yeeeehah!"

2) Yes, there are scientists who argue that we are not causing global warming, that it is entirely natural. They are by far in the minority. There are also scientists who argue that the Earth is flat, they too are in the minority. There are scientists (this is true, real scientists) that argue that the entire ruling classes of the Earth are in fact green, slimey, reptillian creatures hell bent on controlling the human population to meet their own reptilian needs. Do you see the need for any of these to be taught 'as fact' in our schools?

Please do not compare me to a religious fundamentalist, that is a personal insult and also false, as I am an atheist (I believe in evolution, not in Adam and Eve).

If you want to read more about the UNFCCC go here...

http://unfccc.int/resource/process/guideprocess-p.pdf

I would love to go on, but I am an adult with a job to do and need to get on with it.

Cheers,

JJ
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 5:20pm

Post 56 of 78

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

The Kyoto protocol is a joke. You obviously didn't do any of the research I asked you to do...
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 5:23pm

Post 57 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:

The Kyoto protocol is a joke. You obviously didn't do any of the research I asked you to do...
It is you who needs educating, clearly. Pray, do tell us, why is the Kyoto Protocol a joke?
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 5:31pm

Post 58 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Dont say anything yet! *Runs out of theatre to concession to grab some popcorn and raisinets* This is getting good.

p.s. and no i would not like to make my drink a large size for just an extra .25 cents! i asked for a medium so i want a medium! :&rt;
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 6:16pm

Post 59 of 78

cantaclaro

Force: 2036 | Joined: 24th Oct 2001 | Posts: 875

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Here is a funny monologue by George Carlin...kind of relates to this whole argument...of people "killing" this vast 5.9742 × 1024 kilogram planet we call Earth...The site is below... Starting with "We're so self-important." about 2/3 down the page...I don't believe in everything in this monologue but it is darn funny.

Warning: Foul Language Ahead!!!

http://my.erinet.com/~orb/gcarlin.htm

Canta unsure
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 6:23pm

Post 60 of 78

jjuerss

Force: 1150 | Joined: 5th Jul 2003 | Posts: 332

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

cantaclaro wrote:

Here is a funny monologue by George Carlin..
He he he, funny, but.... flawed razz
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 7:37pm

Post 61 of 78

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Edited:

I would disagree.

Emissions are undoubtedly toxic. They interfere with the chemical & genetic makeup of things, in a bad way. Cyclists in London wear masks to prevent breathing in fumes, & you may have all heard about Hong Kong's smog. The effect of pollution can be detrimental to the health of humans & other animals.

I believe that we are also causing long term damage to the earth. Yes, the earth has faced many other climates, changes etc. & the earth may not actually be damaged at all from what we are pressuring it with, but that is a naive perspective. We still hear about natural disasters, tornados, earthquakes, volcanos etc., yes, but something's changed...

The earth has a totally different kind of species living on it, a young species, but one that is totally different from others before it.

So, on top of all these natural disasters (which some argue are being contributed to by pollution) having an effect on the environment is us, with our emissions, nucleur power stations, urbanisation, & nucleur radiation.

Looking at it, it doesn't seem like a small thing, & I don't really see how possibly anyone can say we aren't going to affect the well being of this planet.

But whether we are going to affect the planet longterm isn't the most important thing. It is our health & reproduction that is.

Too much pollution (& how it affects our surroundings) is going to affect that, & I think scientists are wise to set health boundaries, even if it does irritate some people & makes things inconvenient for us. People say, well, we're going to die out anyway, but I don't think that is necessarily true. We have the power to decide whether we become extinct. And I want humankind to survive, thank you very much, whatever it takes.

Last edited Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 9:24am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 9:25pm

Post 62 of 78

4036Douglas

Force: 920 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 893

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

ok, back to the hollow earth topic.
slick, if the earth is hollow, then what produces the earths magnetic feild?
what makes compasses point north?
the iron core in the center of the earth produces the magnetic feild! we would all be dead right now (ok, maybe a stretch) if there wasnt a iron core to the middle of the earth becease the magnetic field sheilds us from all the radiation out in space, which is very powerful radiation.
(i saw nova last nite)
Posted: Wed, 19th Nov 2003, 10:02pm

Post 63 of 78

MechaForce

Force: 4654 | Joined: 3rd Aug 2001 | Posts: 1934

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

sidewinder wrote:

Pollution and emissions have actually declined since 1950, but somehow, people say global warming is increasing...
That is totally false!

Effeciency has increased, yes, but there are billions more things using energy now than in 1950.

Fact:

CO2 is one of the primary gasses that is in our atmosphere, which traps heat on our planet. The amount of CO2 in our atmosphere has increased ten fold in the past 50 years. CO2 just so happens to be one of the primary gasses expelled from burnt fossil fuels. I think everyone can figure out the rest.


The reason aliens haven't visited earth is because they've killed themselves off before they can develop the technology to do so biggrin
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 12:04am

Post 64 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

4036Douglas wrote:

ok, back to the hollow earth topic.
slick, if the earth is hollow, then what produces the earths magnetic feild?
what makes compasses point north?
the iron core in the center of the earth produces the magnetic feild! we would all be dead right now (ok, maybe a stretch) if there wasnt a iron core to the middle of the earth becease the magnetic field sheilds us from all the radiation out in space, which is very powerful radiation.
(i saw nova last nite)


How would you know its in the middle it may be in the earth and like a layer but the very center could be hollow!!!!!!!!! And how many times do I have to say it was never proven that it is made of layers. what you are saying is something they tought you at school that may be totally false!
( In other words "homework because of some guess that was never proven")
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 12:11am

Post 65 of 78

Hajiku_Flip

Force: 3786 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1669

Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

slick wrote:

4036Douglas wrote:

ok, back to the hollow earth topic.
slick, if the earth is hollow, then what produces the earths magnetic feild?
what makes compasses point north?
the iron core in the center of the earth produces the magnetic feild! we would all be dead right now (ok, maybe a stretch) if there wasnt a iron core to the middle of the earth becease the magnetic field sheilds us from all the radiation out in space, which is very powerful radiation.
(i saw nova last nite)


How would you know its in the middle it may be in the earth and like a layer but the very center could be hollow!!!!!!!!! And how many times do I have to say it was never proven that it is made of layers. what you are saying is something they tought you at school that may be totally false!
( In other words "homework because of some guess that was never proven")
At first I thought you were just a skeptic. Now your just in full fledged denial... sleep
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 12:14am

Post 66 of 78

4036Douglas

Force: 920 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 893

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

it has to be in the middle or else the core would not be able to spin, and if it was able to spin, it would not have the same shpae the magnetic feild has now. and besides, this stuff is very very very hot. if there was a layer down there, nothing could even get close to it without burning up.
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 1:46am

Post 67 of 78

Whose Line Is It Now

Force: 10 | Joined: 16th Jan 2003 | Posts: 19

Windows User

Member

guys he saw this crap on a tv show. It was lame, the guy was just stupid. Stop this stupid thread. tard
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 10:07am

Post 68 of 78

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Who cares whether the earth is hollow? If it was do you think life would survive down there?!

At the school I went to we were never taught absoulutes. Our teachers always said such & such is a theory, & told us the pros & the cons, & told us to make up our own minds. So we did.
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 1:36pm

Post 69 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

well I had to do a project on the layers of the earth and now its pissing me off that it may be for no reason the earth "may" be hollow
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 5:05pm

Post 70 of 78

tommach

Force: 220 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2003 | Posts: 53

Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

The earth isn't hollow because I say so!

Actually, magma, lava comes from deep inside the earth, which then is forced upwards out of cracks in the earth's surface (volcanoes) This magma is at the center core of the earth, and if there was a hollow point in the core, maybe a pocket of a cave could've formed, but as the earth is in a constant state of flux with the crust moving and each layer shifting, at some point any hollowness would've been consumed by the magma.

As for Atlantis, they are doing excavations in the mediterranean on a small island which they think may be Atlantis.

Most myths are based on some bit of fact.

Homer's depiction of Troy was thought to be nothing more than a fable until the city was found in the early 20th century.

As for the Romans being in the United States, Clive Cussler wrote a book about that (fiction) called "Treasure."

But it wouldn't be completely without possibility that early civilizations came across the Atlantic by boat.

As far as the lost tribe of Israel, the Mormons preach that a group of Israeli's came across the Atlantic 600 years before Christ.

It would make sense in one way, how could civilizations on separate parts of the planet, completely isolated from each other, have similar architecture, ie. the Egyptian Pyramids and the Aztec Pyramids?

One last thought on this issue, There is a theory that around 14 thousand years ago a large comet hit Mars, destroying that planet, and sending a big piece of it into Earth, ending the last ice age.

Isn't it fun to speculate on what might have happened?
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 5:20pm

Post 71 of 78

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

I'm studying archaeology & some lecturers have said America could have been populated by Europeans up to a thousand years before it was discovered.

I wouldn't say that there is a link between Aztecs & Egyptians though...I think the pyramids just reflect a similarity in their belief in gods. E.g. gods merit enormous structures, see also Mesopotamian ziggeruts.

There is a theory that around 14 thousand years ago a large comet hit Mars, destroying that planet, and sending a big piece of it into Earth, ending the last ice age.
Cue a film called "Martians versus the Neanderthals"!!! (even though Neanderthals were extinct by then). I just love the image of cavemen battling it out with green blobs with rayguns.
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 5:22pm

Post 72 of 78

TMM

Force: 2288 | Joined: 10th Dec 2001 | Posts: 1241

Windows User

Gold Member

*knocks on the floor*

doesn't sound hollow...

TMM twisted
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 5:53pm

Post 73 of 78

MechaForce

Force: 4654 | Joined: 3rd Aug 2001 | Posts: 1934

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Ok, why are people still debating whether or not the earth is hollow? It's not.
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 6:28pm

Post 74 of 78

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Heres a thought... WHO CARES?! No1 is ever gonna know and no1 is never gonna go down there so whats the point in disputing on something that you will never know about?
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 6:48pm

Post 75 of 78

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Can we have a debate now about whether the earth is flat? or whether pigs fly?
Posted: Thu, 20th Nov 2003, 9:24pm

Post 76 of 78

4036Douglas

Force: 920 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 893

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

isnt that a flying pig in ur sig?
Posted: Fri, 21st Nov 2003, 12:28am

Post 77 of 78

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Hmm.... You guys want me to change the title to "Can Pigs really fly?"
Posted: Fri, 21st Nov 2003, 1:48am

Post 78 of 78

averagejoe

Force: 3592 | Joined: 31st Mar 2001 | Posts: 710

VisionLab User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXpreset Maker Windows User

SuperUser

Again I am not saying the Earth is Hollow but let me point out one thing. We all except that the crust is made of plates. They all move and change. In school it was the" Theory of Continental Drift" and the "Theory of Plate Tectonics".

Alfred Lothar Wegener arguably the modern founder of this train of thought was laughed at and thought to be off his rocker. But at the turn of the century there was no knowledge of the the Mid Oceanic Ridge which backs up this theory. For the most part this is the widestly excepted explaination.

We would like to think Science is absolute but like religion alot of personal feelings and opinions tend to override exceptence of new ideas and possibilites.

Even though it is most unlikely that the Earth is hollow the true dynamics of the Earth are not really proven. We have a good Idea but dont really know yet. That is why there is not the "Law of Plate Tectonics" and the the "Law of Continental Drift."

We must always be open to alternate possibilties no matter how obsurd it might sound.

crazy