Post 1 of 4
Just wanted to post this message on what we are going to try and do in released v2.0.5. This will be a Mac and PC release and it will include the new version of the Plugger as well. We will also try to write a QuickStart PDF file.
So we'll start with the intended bug fixes and small suggestions that will be added:
1. Fix transparency issues for multilayer effects when in the animation timeline.
2. Render warnings to stop users changing window while rendering. Maybe it will force you to stay in AlamDV2.
3. Multi screen systems on the PC will be better support as AlamDV2 will try to detect strange screen sizez.
4. AlamDV2 will try to maximise correctly on machines with the Startbar in other places rather than at the bottom.
5. Applying an effect while you are not within the span of the effect creates an error - this will be fixed.
6. Image output dialogs seem to think they are movie output windows.
7. Delete key and ESC key will kill the effect you are working on.
8. Animations/Effect Timeline tabs code fixed.
9. Cancel Effects Script Errors checked.
10. Cancel Keys for rendering and plugin installation.
11. IN and OUT frame markers update better.
12. Tool tips on zoom, object info and kill object.
13. Apply Effect button above the escape effect button.
14. Plugins no long disappear if you click cancel.
15. Loading a set of plugins is now possible.
16. Plug-in names appear as they load.
17. Confirmation window appears after installing plugins.
18. Trial 16bit support - NO 24bit support.
19. Opening projects with multi-layer effects like lightsword will work correctly.
20. Back to original size option in the "Modify" menu.
21. Stretch Effect to IN/OUT frames.
22. Tooltip effect names in the Effect Timeline.
23. Mac Plug-in loading problems - extra fixes.
As we move towards v2.1.0 we will now begin to add new functions to AlamDV2. At the moment we are getting near doing everything we said would be possible in AlamDV2. We now intend to move things on a bit. New features that will be included in v2.0.5 are as follows:
1. We hope for more QuickTime output options on the Macintosh. This may be a little late and have to wait for 2.0.6 but we are hoping 2.0.5.
2. Support for plug-in spec 101. This is backwards compatible with current AlamDV2 effects and adds some extra options. New overlay styles, default frame length, standard size, fit to window spec.
3. Plugger v0.5a with support for plug-in sepc 101 as part of the AlamDV2 installer.
4. Change background movie.
5. Save list of used effects with your projects for transporting.
6. Copy and paste object paths on to different effects.
These are just the start of over 15 new functions we will be adding to AlamDV2 over the next few weeks ready for the full release.
AlamDV2 2.0.5 will be finished by the end of this week. With 2.0.6 following within a few days.
[ This Message was edited by: schwar on 2002-02-21 11:31 ]