You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Driving Incident

Posted: Sun, 7th Mar 2004, 3:39pm

Post 1 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1/-1

Hello my cousins friend was in a car I wouldnt call it crash but his car did flip over on its side. You can find pics posted by my cousin on the VWvortex forums here - http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1277080

It looks like the car is alright but I havent seen it when it wasnt fliped over yet. The guy who was in it is alright he dose have some minor injuries though. All the pics were taken by my dad.

Last edited Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 5:04am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 7th Mar 2004, 8:39pm

Post 2 of 42

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

...
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:14am

Post 3 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

...
Well this is general chat razz
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:19am

Post 4 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Not only is it not saying that an fxhomer was in a crash but not even the cousin of an fxhomer. You don't even know this guy so what relevance does this have at all to us?

NONE
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:26am

Post 5 of 42

jaycoolyea

Force: 703 | Joined: 2nd Dec 2003 | Posts: 138

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

i dont think anyone really cares... why DID you post this on fxhome? to get us to feel sorry for the guy's crappy car?
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:35am

Post 6 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Actually I do know the guy. I just though you guys would enjoy the pics that were posted there I mean its not everyday someones car filps over. Luckly he didnt go off the other side of the mountian there was a steep fall on the other side and he probably wouldnt have made it out alive.
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:50am

Post 7 of 42

AndrewtheActorMan

Force: 1859 | Joined: 31st May 2003 | Posts: 1477

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Notice the guy drinking? wink

Alcohalic drink + driving = http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1277080

Andrew biggrin

Last edited Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:06am; edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 1:51am

Post 8 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

AndrewtheActorMan wrote:

Notice the guy drinking? wink

Andrew biggrin
I did heh
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:01am

Post 9 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Well, he didn't actually post the story. He posted a link to a forum that has the story. crazy But still, this kinda has no relevance to the community. Just because it's general chat doesn't mean you should post something that's so general that it's irrelevant. However, the pics were cool. Maybe next time, you should just post the picture, not the story. wink
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:07am

Post 10 of 42

jaycoolyea

Force: 703 | Joined: 2nd Dec 2003 | Posts: 138

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Slick wrote:

I mean its not everyday someones car filps over.
if you watch the news, you would see that many cars each day get in wrecks. i see cars on the side of the road flipped over very often.

the pictures would have been alot cooler if he HAD gone off of the side of the mountain.

Last edited Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:09am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:08am

Post 11 of 42

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

What the hell is everyone whining about? If he wants to post something, let him. Who cares if "it has no relevence to the community". I don't see why some people get bent out of shape about things like this.
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:11am

Post 12 of 42

jaycoolyea

Force: 703 | Joined: 2nd Dec 2003 | Posts: 138

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

because it has nothing to do with anything at all, except for the fact that it was his cousins friend.

....i just dont see how he could think anyone would be remotely interested in this story.....
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:16am

Post 13 of 42

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

jaycoolyea wrote:

because it has nothing to do with anything at all, except for the fact that it was his cousins friend.

....i just dont see how he could think anyone would be remotely interested in this story.....
I still don't understand how that even remotely affects you.

...and remember when you Assume, you make and ASS out of U and ME smile
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:28am

Post 14 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

It has relevance to us that we have to read the rubbish to decide it is of absolutely no interest to us.

That assume line is very lame and doesn't even apply because no one was even assuming anything.
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:33am

Post 15 of 42

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Kid wrote:


...That assume line is very lame and doesn't even apply because no one was even assuming anything.
Oh yeah, thats right, some people have forgotten how to take a joke. Next time I'll remember to use "Kid approved lines" before I post.

...Lighten up... It's only the internet neutral
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 2:40am

Post 16 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Jokes arn't funny when they are simply an overused cliche and especially if they are made when they dont apply.

You don't have to follow my rules of what to write, we already have a set of rules. They are known as the english language.
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 3:56am

Post 17 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

If it doesn't affect us, why post it? tard
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 4:19am

Post 18 of 42

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

DigiSm89 wrote:

If it doesn't affect us, why post it? tard
If some decides to post a topic asking for help choosing a camera, does that post affect me? I could choose to totally ignore it altogether. But does that mean that the poster shouldn't have posted it?
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 4:26am

Post 19 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

AndrewtheActorMan wrote:

Notice the guy drinking? wink

Alcohalic drink + driving = http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1277080

Andrew biggrin
Thats water!

Kid - You dont have to read it wink I could care less if I did get a -1 for this I still think it may interest someone who likes cars, but whatever if it dose not apply to you then dont read it! The title says "Driving Incident" if you think driving is irrevalent to the fxhome forum then just dont read it! Dont come in here just to say this is irrevelant its a waste of time or is it not?

And for those of you who think its irrevalent -

General Chat
Anything else goes here. Get to know your fellow community members by discussing anything not related to film
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 9:54pm

Post 20 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Rating: +1

Slick wrote:

Actually I do know the guy. I just though you guys would enjoy the pics that were posted there I mean its not everyday someones car filps over. Luckly he didnt go off the other side of the mountian there was a steep fall on the other side and he probably wouldnt have made it out alive.....It looks like the car is alright but I havent seen it when it wasnt fliped over yet. The guy who was in it is alright he dose have some minor injuries though. All the pics were taken by my dad.
Ask yourself this, did this topic even have a point? If it did, please tell me because I would love to know. I think what made us all believe it had no relevance was because we couldn't figure out what your point was for posting this topic. Just to see a car flipped....you can see hundreds of car accidents, worse than this one that involve series of cars flipped over. When you write, you always hae a point to whatever you say. If you don't have a clear point, the reader may think what you write is, well pointless smile

The first post you made had most of us believing you were lamenting for the car! "It looks like the car is alright but I havent seen it when it wasnt fliped over yet."

Think about it, what did you expect people to say? "Oh, I feel so bad about the car...."

The next post you made kinda cleared up the point a bit. I was thinking, "Okay, so he wanted us to see how cool the pictures. Wow, they actually are pretty cool but if he wanted us to see the pictures, why didn't he say so in the first place?"

I admit, when I first looked at this post, the word "spam" came to mind.

"Spam - Unsolicited "junk" e-mail sent to large numbers of people to promote products or services. Sexually explicit unsolicited e-mail is called "porn spam." Also refers to inappropriate promotional or commercial postings to discussion groups or bulletin boards." - Webster's Dictionary

Well, this isn't a very good definition of Spam as it isn't just for promotional or commercial purposes. IMO, posting something that has little to no point can easily be considered a version of spam.

slick wrote:

General Chat
Anything else goes here. Get to know your fellow community members by discussing anything not related to film
The key word there is discussing. Why post something if you don't expect people to discuss it?

orion0340 wrote:

What the hell is everyone whining about? If he wants to post something, let him. Who cares if "it has no relevence to the community". I don't see why some people get bent out of shape about things like this.
Umm, it does matter. smile What would happen if one day, we have this whole page filled with useless topics and postings. Then what would you say to that. I'd care. I'm sure you would too and so with the rest of the community. I'm saying that even though it doesn't matter much right now, it can easily be considered something dangerous, and quite annoying in the long run.
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 11:30pm

Post 21 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Well perhaps I though people would like to discuss it instead of talk about how its pointless!

Your posts should all be deleteled anyway sence they are going off topic. I though people would be interested in the pictures I didnt want anyone to feel sorry for me or the guy who crashed.

Instead of coming here to post how this is irrevelant why not just click the link notice its irrevelant and give me a -1? Even better not do anything at all if you dont like what I posted then dont read the thread this is for people interested in cars!

P.S - For those of you who care (no one) There is a pic posted in the thread with the car up right and it seems that there was bearly any damage at all!
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 11:39pm

Post 22 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Sure, whatever, I don't care. They can be deleted. We have kinda gotten off-topic and I'm sorry that we commented too much on this and that we put you on the spot, but with an increasing world of technology and with the more oppurtunities for spammers, hackers, etc..I really get kind of edgy quickly at even the slightest thing.

So, to put it short, I'm really sorry if I was being kind of mean. frown
Posted: Mon, 8th Mar 2004, 11:40pm

Post 23 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

I'm not a gold user so I couldn't and even if I could, I wouldn't because it's better to talk things out. But anyways, that's all in the past.

BTW, what's really pointless is the whole force thing. It's kind of lost its edge, but that's another topic.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:52am

Post 24 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

What annoys me about force is that dullards use it incorrectly. Someone has rated the original post a +1 to try and cancel out the -1. Unfortunatly it doesn't work like that and so Slick gets positive ratings for his post which at best deserves an even rating.

You can't cancel out someone elses opinion. Trying to is just petty and also messes up the whole force system. I think people who use ratings to cancel out other peoples ratings should be penalised.

At the moment bad posts end up with better ratings than neutral or good posts because of the lameasses that do this.

Last edited Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:55am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:54am

Post 25 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Who gave him the negative point anyway?
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:55am

Post 26 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Kid, cant you see who did the +1. Write them a PM or something.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:56am

Post 27 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

No, I am not a mod so I don't know who gave either rating.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:58am

Post 28 of 42

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

cars flipping over isn't really funny, or worth dwelling on. It happened to me a year ago, I was sitting in front passenger seat & it was the longest 5 seconds of my life.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:58am

Post 29 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

I personally don't like the rating system. I think force should only be for buying products, winning awards for plugins and movies, etc...
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 12:59am

Post 30 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Kid wrote:

No, I am not a mod so I don't know who gave either rating.
Oh, thought you were.

And the rating system is good, but misuesed. People should get rewarded for being helpful.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:00am

Post 31 of 42

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

They are
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:00am

Post 32 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

He should be a mod. He knows well enough about what's right in our community and what's wrong. Come to think of it, I could go for the position as well! sleep

Why should you be rewarded for helping? Isn't that something that should come naturally?

Last edited Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:01am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:01am

Post 33 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

I used to be but then I didn't have time to do it much so at some point they vanished. razz

(prolly during some argument with schwar about macs)
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:04am

Post 34 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Mellifluous wrote:

They are
Thats what Im saying. I was talking in respnse to Digis comment that the rating system isnt good.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:07am

Post 35 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

I think the server should keep track of the ratings so we can know who rated who on what. Then people could understand each other better for their ratings and we could catch those who are misusing the system.

LOL, argument with schwar about macs. Haha, I just had one and he didn't seem to care what I said, but then again, like in the chatroom, who does?
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:09am

Post 36 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

DigiSm89 wrote:

I think the server should keep track of the ratings so we can know who rated who on what. Then people could understand each other better for their ratings and we could catch those who are misusing the system.
Naaa na na. We shouldnt know the ratings because it can start arguments and fueds between members. They should be kept secret to mods.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:10am

Post 37 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Well, I'm not talking about the whole community, just the people who have been rated on should see. If not all ratings, maybe just the negative ones?
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:14am

Post 38 of 42

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

No cos thats when they go and rate the other person down on their posts. We had all those problems in the last system.

It simply needs some way of giving a reason and also made clear that people shouldn't opposite rate to try and cancel out someone elses reason.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:18am

Post 39 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

True. Why not have it so that everyone must give a reason for their negative ratings (like you just mentioned). Then we can decide that if their reason is legitimate that the person is misusing the rating system. Checking for legitimate reasons is quite easy because you really can't lie and get away with it.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:25am

Post 40 of 42

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

When you click rate down (or rate up) it should ask you why youre rating that. Then it shows up for the person who got the minus 1 or plus 1 next to it. It will be an anonomys message. Just an idea
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 1:27am

Post 41 of 42

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Yeah, that's what we were thinking. sad I sure wish I had the ability to rate. There have been some really helpful posts lately and I always wanted to rate them.
Posted: Tue, 9th Mar 2004, 5:03am

Post 42 of 42

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

If one one the moderators reads this post please take off the +1 rating I dont think its fair.

The thread on vwvortex got locked up because they were making fun of the guy and how his poor car deserves a better owner and stuff, poor guy biggrin.