You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

The Future, The End

Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 12:24pm

Post 1 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

Here is the 5th and last film in the series of 5.
Although I ( think ) this can be watched on it's own it makes more scense when all 5 are viewed.
Here are the links to the other 4

www.superteam.biz/who.wmv
www.superteam.biz/timeteam.wmv
http://fxhome.com/cinema/info_cache/movieinfo1155.html
http://fxhome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12853&highlight=phonebox

Many thanks


More Info
Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 2:18pm

Post 2 of 57

Kram1563

Force: 1360 | Joined: 29th Apr 2002 | Posts: 388

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Well done with all these movies, i really enjoyed them and they did some together aswell in the end.
I liked the poser Spider, was animated well, the acting was good throughout and i thouroughly enjoyed watching them well done.
Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 9:33pm

Post 3 of 57

anonymous

This movie wasnt any good at all.. bad motiontracking on the spiders, bad acting... i've seen kids make better stuff in here.. sorry..
Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 9:35pm

Post 4 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

b4uask, you did it again! I liked this a lot. Pretty good spider animation and I was into watching it the whole time. The killing things were a little weak, but that wasnt a huge factor. Good job.
Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 10:15pm

Post 5 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

Thanks guys.

Just out of sheer curiosity, the I would love to know who the guest is, it seems it's the same guest for every film that he/she comments on.
Please for the love of god, your a member of fxhome, I won't bite, but by using guest it seems you are either affraid of my reacation, try me, i'll say fine you didn't like thanks for the comments, but I guess a fxhome member you know that I'll say thanks for your honest veiws, so you use the cover of guest to wind me / others up.
( The chance of a non member coming on and praising a film, not just mine but anyone's is very remote. )

Anyway, I was told about motion tracking just two days ago so i'll be testing that out, oh by the way, before anyone says they can do better with the fx's YOUR RIGHT, i've always said i'm not a cgi expert.

I know people will look at this post and think, oh no... B4 is at it again, but please have to balls to use your name and say it's crap.

The killings were a little weak but I try to allow for my kids to watch it, thus giving me a wider viewer base.
Once again thanks for your comments
Posted: Mon, 22nd Mar 2004, 11:44pm

Post 6 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

b4uask30male wrote:



Anyway, I was told about motion tracking just two days ago so i'll be testing that out, oh by the way, before anyone says they can do better with the fx's YOUR RIGHT, i've always said i'm not a cgi expert.

I know people will look at this post and think, oh no... B4 is at it again, but please have to balls to use your name and say it's crap.
Okay, I'll take your advice and say it's crap. Now despite what you just said, I can expect to see some negative ratings on my post because that's what tough people with balls do (you seem to be the expert on who has balls and who doesn't).

The first time the spider is shown it looks terrible. The spider looked somewhat better in the next few scenes, but you should have gone back and redone the first one because that really kicks the movie off to a bad start. You also should have left out the effect where you tried to enlarge his head. It was unneeded and just looked tacky.

The story is kind of ridiculous, a guy making scientific records on what looks like a camera phone (bad choice of props) of a apider that he sends in time 1000 years and expects to come back without acknowledging that it could be poisonous and dangerous. He keeps the spider for this scientific experiment in a tupperware container (another bad choice of props), which is followed by an extremely predictable bite from that spider.

Some murders occur and we see different people doing things that are kind of unclear. The other guy walks in the door of the guy with the time traveling device (gee, don't you think that guy could have just sent himself back in time before he got the spider bite?) and uses it on himself.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 12:18am

Post 7 of 57

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

b4uask30male wrote:



I know people will look at this post and think, oh no... B4 is at it again, but please have to balls to use your name and say it's crap.

But if I did that, I'd get a negative rating! smile
heheh just kidding

anyways, I have to say I really didn't like the movie all that much, and I decided to go back and watch the other 4 "5" movies, and am still trying to see what is so spectacular about this series. I don't really think that acting is that great, the music is really good at some points, really bad at others, much like the effects (half bad half good).

I can see what you were trying to do with this, linking all the movies, but I don't think that they linked together quite well. I'd expect a little more moments that make me say "WOOAAA......!" instead of "he just said the same thing he did in the last movie"

As a movie of the "5" series, it really isn't better than the rest, which I didn't like, and as a movie standing on its own, it is a littler worse.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 12:24am

Post 8 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Baney and waser never like any movies by anyone. Just ignore them. smile
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 12:48am

Post 9 of 57

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

Brettsta wrote:

Baney and waser never like any movies by anyone. Just ignore them. smile
oh hey, you're right Brettsta!

oh wait, except for the 13 movies ive give fives to (Glimpse, The Unwritten Rule Trilogy, Home sick, Chess Attack, Toy Wars: The Phantom Scalper Menace, Fool Skool X-Treme: The Vengeance, TURICON - the legend of Sollthar, Fallen Angel, Deus Ex Machina, The Matrix: An Untold Story, "The Test", Art of the Saber, and Prodition- Final Release)

and the 6 ive given fours (Area 61, Deviance, Jesus Versus Muhammad, Shaving Cream Man, Cuz He White, and The Matrix: An Untold Story (Final Theatrical Trailer).

the 19 threes i have given I wouldnt say I hate those ones, they are just average. It is just the 25 twos and 26 ones that really suck.


Brettsta wrote:

Just ignore them. smile
and I am glad to see that only good reviews are the opinions that matter smile
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 12:54am

Post 10 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

I like movies, just not bad movies.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:00am

Post 11 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

First of all I was joking.

Second of all, you've proved me right waser. Over 57 percent of your votes are 2s and 1s. I guess you can do better than all these people and b4uask. Prove it!
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:06am

Post 12 of 57

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I don't care if it was a joke, and even if it was your last post wasnt.

well, honestly I think I can do better, and have. but why should that matter? must you be able to do what you are criticizing? I can't play the guitar, but I can criticize a crappy guitar player, right? Oh wait I can't (by your lgoic).

And last time I checked, me giving 57% of the movies I see on this site 1-2s is hardly me not liking "any movies", so I didn't prove you right in anyway.

I can feel this forum getting off the topic of the film, so stop this now

Last edited Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:08am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:06am

Post 13 of 57

masta oooba

Force: 10 | Joined: 17th Sep 2003 | Posts: 73

Member

I don't like a lot of films either. But that's because....most of them are....terrible. ESPECIALLY on FxHome.

FxHome reminds me of the story of The Emporer's New Clothes. There is a select few that have the brains and balls to point out if there is absolutely no talent involved in a film. The rest, would say nice things about eachother's films if they were as bad as Charlie's Angles: Full Throttle.

So I suppose I will be the third to say "He's not wearing and clothes."
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:09am

Post 14 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I like FXHome so much because the site, cinema, and programs are for all skill levels of people. If it was all amazing films, it just wouldnt be as fun. Variety is nice. If you have movies that you think are better, show em. Anyways, it ends here. This is for the movie, not for us to have a debate smile
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:09am

Post 15 of 57

masta oooba

Force: 10 | Joined: 17th Sep 2003 | Posts: 73

Member

Brettsa likes EVERY movie! Don't pay any attention to him.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:14am

Post 16 of 57

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

Even though I don't like most of the movies on this site, i still look forward to seeing all the new movies on it.

even if I dont like this and b4uask's movies, I d like to see where his movies are going, and will always give them a chance no matter what
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:34am

Post 17 of 57

FroDittyBro

Force: 400 | Joined: 28th May 2003 | Posts: 61

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

well despite all these people fighting b4uask i think it was well planned. Hell i dont plan very well which is why i have my friends draw the story boards for my movies for me biggrin

the spider i thought was well done. It may have looked more realistic though if you darkened up the shadow on the hand. I would even suggest making a 3d hand and motion tracking the hand in the scene then animating the spider on the 3d hand for a better look. Just a thought though.. Also, it would have been cool if you made it interact with the environment alittle like tipping the tuperware container as it crawled around.

theres my 2 cents...
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 5:05am

Post 18 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Hmmm...interesting movie indeed...im trying to see more connections to the others. Always cool to see attempts at CG, even if they arent hollywood quality, as we all know, practice makes perfect (apparently not for the dudes that did spidermans "putty-esque" CG). I cant say i really enjoyed this movie as much as i had hoped, but good job anyways/

Masta ooba and waser knows whats up!
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 8:38am

Post 19 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

Thanks guys,
I knew this would be a tricky film on here as it don't have one gun shot or lightsabre but I respect your views.

( As regards balls, i normally give a +1 to poeple that rate my film down but give helpful advice while doing it, but i won't on this occasion as you might be expecting it wink Just hope one day you make a film on here and a guest does the same to you, i bet you'll say something, it's not just my film you'll notice a guest on a lot of films, never positive sad

If I may just point out to barnyboy, you say why didn't he go back to before he was bit, I could say the same about any film honest, "why not leave the house when your being attacked " the reason.... the film would be over. every film has a loophole, i mean every film because if there wasn't the loophole then the film would be over straight away.


Also if I can quote waser "even if I dont like this and b4uask's movies"
Any reason that all my films are bad, my actors, my different stories, me ? just trying to work out so I can improve in the future.

p.s.
I never said this was a masterpiece but I did say I think it's a world first to have 5 different amatuer films that can be viewed on their own or all together to make a bigger picture, at least I try something different, I could stick to guns and lighsabres but I won't because my films have stories. sorry

p.p.s
Just noticed that someone commented on it being in the top position in the movie chart, trust me and don't get angry but by tomorrow it won't even be in the top ten, it's not a problem for me so don't make it a problem for you, the films change so much in the topten.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 9:27am

Post 20 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Hey, i forgot to give you props for not having a bunch of useless and lame out of place gunfights and unneccesary lightsabers. I just figured out the story finally, and its pretty good (yeah, and a worlds first). for people who hated this, i guess at least it wasnt another shitty lightsaber test or bad muzzleflash test!
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 1:54pm

Post 21 of 57

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

b4- When you release the final film that puts all five togheather make sure to include the five files to all these movies along with the file for the final "big film" that puts them all thogeather.
Posted: Tue, 23rd Mar 2004, 9:41pm

Post 22 of 57

Gibs

Force: 1663 | Joined: 21st May 2002 | Posts: 1611

CompositeLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

It was, in a word, okay. I liked the story, and how it flowed, although I am still struggling a bit to piece everything together. I also thought the acting was overall pretty good, because I know you can't control how good a person is at acting.

I agree with others, the first spider shot could be much better, but all the others are well done. And I didn't really like the incorporation of all the Freeplay music. Some of it fit, but some didn't. Other than that, I guess my only complaint was that a lot of the scenes seemed to go on for too long, and would get boring before they were over.

However, I really liked the series as a whole, because they were edited well enough to be able to watch them in any order. Bravo for this. smile

Overall, I'd give the series, as a whole, a 4.
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 5:33am

Post 23 of 57

RudyPicardo

Force: 1016 | Joined: 18th Jun 2003 | Posts: 240

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +4

Ian:

Normally I'd ignore negative "discussions", as I feel no one really learns or wins them. However, I briefly spoke with a friend of mine who is stationed in Iraq. After talking to him, I felt it was necessary to say something:

First and foremost, you should take the time to study a few users who posted. Ask yourself these questions:
What is their current force level?
Have they purchased any FXhome products?
Have they submitted material (videos/plug-ins/etc)?
Have they shown to be helpful in this community?
What is their negative post/positive post ratio?
How many times have they posted?

If you ask yourself these types of questions, I think you'll have a better understanding what posts to take seriously and ask for more information, and those you should just take at face value.

Now, to defend some of these "negative" users, you'll find out that many of them are indeed being honest and I must say very consistent with their "ratings." What's sad is that some of these very same users have probably the most insight, knowledge, and skills to show us novices how to become better. Which brings me to my problem statement that ALL USERS should consider:

What happens if users only post diatribes of people's submissions and give no way for users to improve?

One user has stated that most movies on FXhome are "crap." Well how can novice users, like myself, submit better movies if we're not given suggestions how to improve? Do you expect users to provide better submissions after reading "I've seen kids make better stuff in here"? If users provide negative posts without suggestions for improvement, then you're going to keep getting the same "crap." In fact, you'll probably get less submissions AND/OR either prevent users from purchasing more CSB-Digital products.

Note that the user who said "most FXhome movies are crap" wasn't making a statement on this submission, Ian; this was a statement about the ENTIRE FXhome community.

Many users in this community are trying to learn or experimenting with a new genre. So I think its fair to say that many first submissions won't be worthy of an Oscar. And I am NOT great film maker. NOT EVEN CLOSE. But I do want to learn how to improve my skills. I do want to learn how to improve my cinemtography, special effects, story making. However, there is little desire to submit to this community if I'm not getting any input on how to improve my skills.

And for those who might say, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen;" Trust me, its not a kitchen if you're just serving garbage. Great chefs also teach others how to make great works of art. ANYONE can criticize a piece of work. Try teaching someone, gentlemen.

Ian, I gave this a 5. But not because its your best work, as I agree that your first few spiders could have been better (although I'll admit, I don't know how).

I gave this a 5 because I want other users to know that I support your efforts and submissions, good or bad. And I don't want new or novice users to feel like there isn't good people in this community. I want visitors/potential customers/new users to know that there are those who want to help them.

And I want those negative posters to know that I acknowledge that you really have much to teach us; it takes a well-thought, critical eye to see what you users see. So help us become better so that future submissions, and therefore the community can become better.

Because you're not saying anything originial by saying how bad a submission is.
You prevent potential customers/users from buying AlamDV/Chromanator.
You don't impress me.
And you're sure as hell not making us better.

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."
--William Arthur Ward
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 6:13am

Post 24 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Sounds great, except when you post large amounts of ways to improve(like i did), you get eaten alive by people who think you hate them and they're movie....
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 8:44am

Post 25 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

Thanks Rudy for the insightful post, I agree and have been saying the same from the day i joined here that comments need reasons or helpful suggestions.
This time my rant was about GUEST people, it's a shame they feel the need to hide sad
but I won't go on.
well said Rudy, I would give you a +1 for a well thought out post that i agree with but last time I gave a +1 for agreeing i told off sad
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 2:33pm

Post 26 of 57

JohnCarter

Force: 3295 | Joined: 11th Mar 2003 | Posts: 1078

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

b4, Don't let your actions be dictated by people you can't even see. These are merely comments. You either agree or disagree. if you feel like a +1 for Rudy, I'd say go for it!

Same goes for your films. But that you know. You make your movies because you want to make them and out of all the people here, with Sollthar, I commend you for trying different things, giving yourself sometimes punishing challenges but you are at least trying to make a story with a plot, which is more than most of the people in here can say.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, although a bad critic should always be constructive in my opinion, because otherwise, it's a waste of time for everybody concerned.
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 3:07pm

Post 27 of 57

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Its easy to criticise - I know this because I do it A LOT ... however ...

b4uask30male produces work, and whether you like the work or not, he produces a whole thing rather than just whack out a trailer promising that the finished article will be awesome. There's more variety in his work than simply ripping off his favourite movie ad infinitum. And, as I've discovered in the past, he's a very nice bloke, unlike some of the self-aggrandising and deluded who've made a home at fxhome.

I've seen some movies (and I'm not talking about b4uask30male here and I'm not going to name names) that I thought were pretty poor, but unless there was a reason to, I've simply declined to vote and maybe chipped in with constructive criticism. Being an Arrogant Arsehole is NOT the same as Being Honest, and I should know - I'm both.
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 10:27pm

Post 28 of 57

radiometricx

Force: 10 | Joined: 20th May 2003 | Posts: 81

Windows User

Member

Good job. I'm looking forward to your next film. Whatever it'll be about, it's bound to be good.
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 10:41pm

Post 29 of 57

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

RudyPicardo wrote:

What is their negative post/positive post ratio?
Can I be the exception to this? smile
Posted: Wed, 24th Mar 2004, 11:03pm

Post 30 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rudy, +1, very well said smile
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 12:30am

Post 31 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

Rating: +1/-2

RudyPicardo wrote:



I briefly spoke with a friend of mine who is stationed in Iraq. After talking to him, I felt it was necessary to say something:

First and foremost, you should take the time to study a few users who posted. Ask yourself these questions:
What is their current force level?
Have they purchased any FXhome products?
Have they submitted material (videos/plug-ins/etc)?
Have they shown to be helpful in this community?
What is their negative post/positive post ratio?
How many times have they posted?

If you ask yourself these types of questions, I think you'll have a better understanding what posts to take seriously and ask for more information, and those you should just take at face value.

1. My force level is 10. I don't post here very much.
2. I have purchased AlamDV2 as a group with 3 other friends. My friend made an account for himself when he bought it rather than making an account for all of us.
3. I have submitted 2 movies. They were comedies, which people told us sucked because of aspects that we included with it with much sarcasm that many did not understand, creating the jokes that just flew over peoples' heads. Both of the movies were taken off FXHome because our link on ZED went bad.
4. I started an 18-page-long (I think) debate about the rating system and making suggestions on how to improve it.
5. I have 1 positive rating and 6 negative ratings. On this site, if you don't kiss a whole ton of ass, you will get negative ratings. That's just how it works. I didn't like b4uask's Phone Box, and he gave me a negative rating on basically every post I made in his thread. I could make a new account under another name and tell everyone that their movies were wonderful and that there isn't anything I would do to improve it and I'd have a 100% positive post ratio. Still they wouldn't get any better at making movies. Don't try to deny it, because it's true.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 12:37am

Post 32 of 57

Gibs

Force: 1663 | Joined: 21st May 2002 | Posts: 1611

CompositeLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Hey, okay, it's fine that you don't like movies on here. Personally, I don't like a lot of movies on here (in terms of me going back and watching them over and over), but I only have 4 negative ratings and 42 positive. If I didn't think a movie was good, I say that but give suggestions for improvement, and try not to put the person down. After all, I was once incredibly horrible at filmmaking too. Besides that, being mean like that will just get you guys hated.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 12:58am

Post 33 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

what does b4u asks name mean? his age and gender? i dont understand that, much like i cant understand yugo's.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 1:22am

Post 34 of 57

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

b4uask30male = Before you ask, I'm 30 years old, male
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 1:52am

Post 35 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

As of right now, my suspicion were confirmed...i already knew the answer pretty much..yet...i made the mistake of asking when it already said before you ask...this somewhat disconcerting. He....he....he is Showing signs of the classic horseshoe hair pattern!!
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 7:43am

Post 36 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

BANEYBOY

YOU SAID
I didn't like b4uask's Phone Box, and he gave me a negative rating on basically every post I made in his thread

PLEASE, PLEASE,
don't be pratt.
I only gave you 1 -1,
This means you done fine without me. check with the superusers before moaning at me.

Just becuase you got -1's don't blame me for them.

edit.
at time of writing this your above post has -2,
And no they were not me either

Last edited Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 12:00pm; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 9:59am

Post 37 of 57

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Why worry?

For every film maker here showing work because they're hoping for a helpful opinion or to make a few useful contacts (or, dare I say, friends) you're going to get someone who's here to try and build their egos up at someone elses expense.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 4:24pm

Post 38 of 57

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Of all the 5 I think this is my favourite - don't know why.

I really like the concept of having 5 movies that are sort of standalone but make up a bigger picture, but in this series I don't think it really works - sorry.

I'd be interested in seeing a special edition of the series where they're all edited together, not just one after the other, but actually intermingled.

I liked the shots in this a lot, including the shots that showed past the paralysed guy's face.

I actually thought the spider effects were pretty good, especially considering this is amateur film. You can't expect Spiderman effects, can you smile

What was that guy talking into? It looked like a digital camera to me?! crazy
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 4:29pm

Post 39 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

thanks
It was my sony p800 phone, it don't show up clear on the wmv but he clicks on the sound record feature ( dicta phone style )
Thanks about the spider, so far it's 50 - 50 I guess, most comments are about the motion tracking so i'll be learning that next.
thanks once again
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 9:48pm

Post 40 of 57

TAP2

Force: 1128 | Joined: 8th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1848

Windows User

Member

Hi,

I've got both negative and positive opinions about your series of films, so please hear me out...

I enjoyed watching them (which is what counts) You had lots of good ideas, and I thought that your last film definitely integrated, or joined your films togethor. I thought that The acting was great throughout the films, from all of the cast. I don't know why people are complaining about the spider, I personally thought it looked good. Obviously you don't have a 3D team to get perfection with the tracking, but it certainly wasn't bad.
I also enjoyed the variety of locations in your films.

Now to move on to the negative things...

There seems to be a strong 'amateur' quality in the films. I'm not entirely sure why, but it just seems a bit rushed. I don't think there's anything wrong with your angles, although they could be improved with some shots - perhaps it's the camera. If you can't figure out how to get rid of this, then perhaps you should pay attention to digitally correcting some of your scenes. Chaning the contrast, or the colours really does make a huge difference. I understand that you use Vegas Video 4, this is a GREAT app as it has thousands of filters.


No other negative comments spring too mind. Anyway, I'll look forward to what you think about my comments.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 10:48pm

Post 41 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

Rating: -2

Hahaha. Whoever gave my post 2 negative ratings is only helping to prove my point. There was nothing wrong with that post. I was responding to another post (one that got +4) that implied that people who didn't like b4uask's movies had all of those posting statistics. I replied, showing him to be wrong if any of those assumptions/implications were directed towards me, and what do I get? I get NEGATIVE ratings. I'm sure this post will rack up a good -3 or 4 just because I'm questioning others' judgement. This all proves me correct in my statement that you either kiss tons of ass or you get negative ratings.

Gee, there isn't one rating system on this entire site that works well. I think a moderator or administrator should first approve positive or negative ratings. All of them seem very subjective, and it seems like there are people out there looking for every post I make so they can give me a -1. It is the same with Bryce's posts. When you see a -1 on every post by a user in a thread, it is logical to believe they're from the same person.

I did get a +1 on that post where I had -2, from somebody that I predict has not had their movie reviewed by me.

To correct another rumor - I didn't give your movies bad reviews because I thought you gave mine bad reviews. I gave your movies bad reviews because I didn't like them. I heard some anonymous person told you that I didn't like it because you didn't like our movie, but that's not true because you didn't even review our movie. So this person whose username I have a pretty good idea of, is telling lies about the commonly disliked users (me) in order to gain more +1's and it's working.

I think that just about sums up how this site works.

Edit: 7 minutes after posting, I already have -2. Hahaha I am seriously laughing aloud. Why won't someone respond telling me why I am wrong? Hahaha this is so lame I hope I never hear anyone on this site talk about someone else "not having balls" again.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 10:59pm

Post 42 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Aww, what the hell guys, i was joking, whats up with that negative rating?
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 10:59pm

Post 43 of 57

JohnCarter

Force: 3295 | Joined: 11th Mar 2003 | Posts: 1078

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

I don't think you get -1s because you don't kiss ass. It's usually because a lot of your posts are obnoxious, unfounded in reality and a lot of times, full of assumptions, and I could go on. Stop acting like a smart ass and a know-it-all, and perhaps people will treat you better. A lot of your good arguments get drowned in your attitude...

You assumed wrongly that b4 gave you -1s, you assume this, you figure that... You have no proof of anything and you just rant like a self-righteous child.

If you ask me, most of your -1s are well deserved because reading your posts are often a waste of time, which is what the rating is for: promote posts that should be read and flag those that shouldn't...

Anyways, why do you care so much? According to you everybody here is a bunch of ass kissers. Since you obviously don't kiss ass, why are your panties in such a bunch?

I am getting sick of your tirades. This thread is for b4 movie. Start your own thread with your paranoid ramblings...
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:10pm

Post 44 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Although i do think that pointless arguments are a waste of time, and "force points" dont really matter all that much (come on, its just a gimmick, its not like its the end of the world) sometime, people get kinda hardnosed and tightassed about how stuff "isnt on the topic" and its not perfectly "helpful" every single time. Really now, does everything have to have such a "professional opinion"? are there really any all-knowing always helpful "professionals" on this site aside from the actual programming badass's that made this program? i know a few of you have met celebrities and made some money with your camera, but really, its ok if everyone isnt alwats perfectly poigant with there posts.


yes, that was the largest use of quotation marks ever used in a post cool
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:14pm

Post 45 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

So John, what you're trying to say is that assumptions made against me are worthy of +1's, while ones made by me are worthy of -1's. Well that seems rational.

If you don't want to read my posts skip past them. I feel like I should respond to a post directed towards me in the same thread as that post.

I didn't say that everybody here are ass kissers, I said that's what you have to do if you want to get +1's, which is shown immediately by your posts in relativity to mine. Not only is your post just as off-topic as any of mine, you take the cake for the namecalling award. Before you feel the need to make a comment on how I "called people ass kissers," feel free to realize that I never called anyone ass kissers and in fact you distorted my words to better spout off your rhetoric.

Also, you claim my posts are based majorly on assumptions. There are some cases where I logically make assumptions but point out that I am, and there are also places (such as who gave +\-1's) where any assumption you make is just as much of an assumption as mine. The only people who could prove that I was wrongly assuming are the moderators, and that's great if I was. I hope you never forgive me for making a rational assumption about a -1, because that act is worse than murder.

I care to come back and respond because honestly I don't have much better to do, I like to think that maybe somebody is seeing my point in how subjective all of the rating systems are.

Last edited Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:20pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:19pm

Post 46 of 57

JohnCarter

Force: 3295 | Joined: 11th Mar 2003 | Posts: 1078

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Bryce007 wrote:

Although i do think that pointless arguments are a waste of time, and "force points" dont really matter all that much (come on, its just a gimmick, its not like its the end of the world) sometime, people get kinda hardnosed and tightassed about how stuff "isnt on the topic" and its not perfectly "helpful" every single time. Really now, does everything have to have such a "professional opinion"? are there really any all-knowing always helpful "professionals" on this site aside from the actual programming badass's that made this program? i know a few of you have met celebrities and made some money with your camera, but really, its ok if everyone isnt alwats perfectly poigant with there posts.
On another thread than one dedicated to a person's movie, i wouldn't mind... But this is for the guy to collect comments on his movie. Not baneyBoy's feelings of persecution...
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:19pm

Post 47 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

If you don't want to read my posts skip past them. I feel like I should respond to a post directed towards me in the same thread as that post.
Well, a -1 means I feel users should skip this post. And now only talk about B4uasks movie. Thats why this thread is her in the first place.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:21pm

Post 48 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

Brettsta wrote:

If you don't want to read my posts skip past them. I feel like I should respond to a post directed towards me in the same thread as that post.
Well, a -1 means I feel users should skip this post. And now only talk about B4uasks movie. Thats why this thread is her in the first place.
Well then I should also be seeing -1's on the original posts directed towards me, but how funny it is that I'm not.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:27pm

Post 49 of 57

JohnCarter

Force: 3295 | Joined: 11th Mar 2003 | Posts: 1078

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

if your life as such little meaning that it needs to be dictated by a rating system on a website, by all means be my guest.

But for God's sake, leave this post to the maker of the film. That's all I ask.

I couldn't care less who gives +1 and -1s and such... And i certainly don't rate my own posts! What's the big deal with ratings? Does it pay your bills? Get a life!

And start a thread somewhere else about this if you want an answer in the future.

Last edited Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:30pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:30pm

Post 50 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

JohnCarter wrote:

I couldn't care less who gives +1 and -1s and such... Does it pay your bills?
Hey CSB. I think you should take on that idea smile Anyways, I'm not gonna respond anymoree unless its reguarding the movie as respect for b4uask. I think everyone should do the same.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:31pm

Post 51 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

JohnCarter wrote:

if your life as such little meaning that it needs to be dictated by a rating system on a website, by all means be my guest.

But for God's sake, leave this post to the maker of the film. That's all I ask.

I couldn't care less who gives +1 and -1s and such... Does it pay your bills? Get a life!

And start a thread somewhere else about this if you want an answer in the future.
Damn! You hit it right on the nail! For the past 5 years I've been on here complaining about negative ratings!

Now you are the one making aggressive posts with tons of assumptions and accusations, but never will the day come to see you get a -1.

I'm 16, don't have much else to do at the moment, so I post on a message board on a subject I like to do (film making). Now I could make aggressive accusations about you, but for me that would mean 8x the enemies, 8x the pain in the ass, while you'll just get praise.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:34pm

Post 52 of 57

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

Brettsta wrote:

JohnCarter wrote:

I couldn't care less who gives +1 and -1s and such... Does it pay your bills?
Hey CSB. I think you should take on that idea smile Anyways, I'm not gonna respond anymoree unless its reguarding the movie as respect for b4uask. I think everyone should do the same.
then why did you post this?

to stay on topic, I was just wondering who told B4uask that I and baney gave him bad reviews because he didnt like our movies (which he hasnt even seen)

also, B4uask asked what he could do, in my opinion, to improve his films.

I guess all i can say is that it really wasnt my type of movie. I wouldnt say for you to change anything since so many other people like it, and seems to work for them
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:38pm

Post 53 of 57

JohnCarter

Force: 3295 | Joined: 11th Mar 2003 | Posts: 1078

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

And that Waser is fair and right. You are expressing your opinion about the movie in a decent, polite manner. Thank you for being reasonable. Heck! I'll even throw in a +1 just because you showed good sense unlike your other friend who keeps insisting about his own issues.

b4's movies have a lot of effort put into them. They may not be perfect or to everyone's liking but the effort made deserves respect. I beleive you shot a movie, right? Well, it's a lot of work no matter what... So I think you understand...

Last edited Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:42pm; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:40pm

Post 54 of 57

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I posted this

I'm not gonna respond anymoree unless its reguarding the movie as respect for b4uask. I think everyone should do the same.
for b4uask by giving advice to people to think before they post. Its his movie, and he shouldnt have to put up with smart comments and people saying, the rating system this, the rating system that.
Posted: Thu, 25th Mar 2004, 11:47pm

Post 55 of 57

BaneyBoy

Force: 20 | Joined: 18th Sep 2003 | Posts: 68

Member

Rating: -1

JohnCarter wrote:

Heck! I'll even throw in a +1 just because you showed good sense unlike your other friend who keeps insisting about his own issues.
Haha wait... did you even read my post making suggestions on the parts of the movie that I didn't like? How did that not make sense or how was that irrational? I must be in the twighlight zone again.

I've had enough of trying to teach people what rationable or reasonable is for today, I will see you all another time.
Posted: Fri, 26th Mar 2004, 6:52am

Post 56 of 57

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Well, i liked the premise!
Posted: Fri, 26th Mar 2004, 8:41am

Post 57 of 57

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

Sorry guys it got out of hand. sad

I have a few chats with Waser on PM and he seems like a nice guy and he's been honest and I respect that.
I hope this chat about -1's stops ( not for the sake of my film ) but I know how wound up people can get, then in a day or two they forget and it's all over.
Once again thanks to all those people that watched the film.