You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

I, Robot <---- Good Movie or not?

Didi you enjoy I,ROBOT?

Yes85%[ 28 ]
No15%[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 33

Posted: Sat, 17th Jul 2004, 1:57pm

Post 1 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Hey guys.

Just wanted to know if anyone saw I,ROBOT yet. I actually kind of liked the movie. It was nicely put together and had a unique style to it that showed the understanding that the future isn't too far from us right now.

The only things I didn't like about the movie was that the story dove in too quickly at the beginning and the music wasn't exactly interesting (except for the main theme and the ending music, those were cool)

About the story diving too quickly:
********SPOILER********


At the beginning when Spoon receives that phone call from the Lawrence's hologram, that, I thought, was too soon to have started the murder mystery. They should have delayed the phone call for awhile because it was too sudden of an event to follow after Spooner's recent cases with killer robots.
********END SPOILER********

I give the movie a 4 out of 5 because it was rather interesting, and IMO, was much better than AI.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 4:51am

Post 2 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +2/-1

I,Robot was a great movie, and anyone who says otherwise is a racist.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 1:44pm

Post 3 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Would the two who posted otherwise care to elaborate?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 2:33pm

Post 4 of 70

xbreaka

Force: 490 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 525

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

i thought it was good plot was kinda fast adn cinfusing at times, and i didn't like the fact that like 80% of it was like cgi, and me and my bro almost got kicked out the theatre at the part where the mob is like confrontting the robots with baseball bats my and my bro started chanting ANGY MOB ANGYR MOB!!!! and then the part where it shows lake michigan as a landfill, we knew the people in front of us were from new jersey so we loudly say o look new jersey dumped all there s hit in pake michigan
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 2:51pm

Post 5 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

You started chanting loudly (or at all) during a film? You selfish little gits.

And how does not liking a sci-fi film make anyone a racist?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 3:44pm

Post 6 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +2/-2

Because the main character was black, therefore you're racist.


Xbreaka: Way to be a jerk, you jerk-face. You know, the jerkstore called, and they're running out of YOU! In fact, You're they're best seller.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 4:04pm

Post 7 of 70

xbreaka

Force: 490 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 525

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

hmm ok
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 4:12pm

Post 8 of 70

Hajiku_Flip

Force: 3786 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1669

Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:

Because the main character was black, therefore you're racist.


Xbreaka: Way to be a jerk, you jerk-face. You know, the jerkstore called, and they're running out of YOU! In fact, You're they're best seller.
a

Heh, I think I'm the only one that caught the subtle sarcasm. oink
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 4:49pm

Post 9 of 70

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

lol, i agree with sidewinder. Lets fight the good fight.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 5:37pm

Post 10 of 70

Mr Pencil

Force: 396 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 367

Windows User

Member

sidewinder wrote:

Way to be a jerk, you jerk-face. You know, the jerkstore called, and they're running out of YOU! In fact, You're they're best seller.
Great one. I'm going to use that line a lot now. Oh, and I temporarily get the sarcasm. If that makes any sense.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 7:34pm

Post 11 of 70

sfbmovieco

Force: 2354 | Joined: 19th Mar 2002 | Posts: 1552

VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Seinfeld coming out in November! Great reference sidey...
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 8:33pm

Post 12 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

So if I don't like a movie and the lead character happens to be black, I'm a racist?

I hated Chris Tucker in Fifth Element. Does that make me eligible for an attractive white sheet hat and burning cross?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 8:35pm

Post 13 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

And Theodore Rex and MAde in America were terrible movies. I must be a Nazi!
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:29pm

Post 14 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Now you're catching on. oink
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:32pm

Post 15 of 70

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

stqagehanduk wrote:

I must be a Nazi!
You are?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:42pm

Post 16 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Apparently I am. And I've never seen what people see in Will and Grace either, so I'm guessing I'm a raging homophobe as well. Wow. Who knew I had so much hate and fear in me?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:46pm

Post 17 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Hey, anyone else here think Beverly Hills Cop III was a sequel too far? Because you're all racist too, apparently! Oh yeah! Let's all hold rallies and burn copies of Fat Momma's House!

Last edited Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:50pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:50pm

Post 18 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

stqagehanduk wrote:

Because we're all racist!
Well considering I'm taking into consideration your racist posts right now, I don't think I'm racist. razz

Nor is Sidewinder, CX3, etc. Just you. cool
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 10:57pm

Post 19 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Righty ho. The thing is ... I can think of a ton of films with white leads or female leads or, in the case of Disney films, anthropomorphised cartoon animal leads which I'd cross the road to avoid, so ... I guess that makes me an all round misanthrope, doesn't it?

Or perhaps the colour of a film's lead (or gender or cartoon mousiness) has sod all to do with the quality of the film? Perhaps?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 11:04pm

Post 20 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Okkkk, anyways, back to the topic of I,Robot. Anyone else seen it?
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 11:22pm

Post 21 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

LOL
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 11:40pm

Post 22 of 70

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

You are so filled with hate, stqagehanduk.

I salute you.
Posted: Sun, 18th Jul 2004, 11:51pm

Post 23 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

with your arm outstretched, right? Nazi style?
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 12:15am

Post 24 of 70

streetsk8erdc

Force: 50 | Joined: 10th Jun 2003 | Posts: 163

Member

i just saw it an hour ago..it was actually a pretty good film. The Cg could of used alot of work though, especcially the car scene when it spins around, i laughed at that part
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 12:15am

Post 25 of 70

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:

with your arm outstretched, right? Nazi style?
Is there any other way?


Vote Kerry
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 12:20am

Post 26 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Oooh!



Streetsk8rdc: What!? I,Robot has essentially the best 3d animation I've seen. This stuff was on par, if not better than gollum.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 12:55am

Post 27 of 70

streetsk8erdc

Force: 50 | Joined: 10th Jun 2003 | Posts: 163

Member

sidewinder did you even watch the car scene?...it looked ridiculous.....maybe just the animation of it was bad, cuz it looked totally fake and just plain bad the way it knocked off walls at insane speeds and started to spin...most of the normal scenes with the robots looked great but that car scene was not made well in my opinion.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 1:26am

Post 28 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I honestly remember the car scene looking very nice, if somewhat obviously 3d.


But having something that's obviously CG in a movie doesn't make it bad. If it's still dynamic and well done, it still looks good.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 2:01am

Post 29 of 70

streetsk8erdc

Force: 50 | Joined: 10th Jun 2003 | Posts: 163

Member

technically it looked nice and pretty, but to me it took away from the seriousness of the film. It just sorta looked silly. I think it has to do with the fact that if its impossible , then we will automatically think of it as fake looking . If they just made a toaster in a scene 3d or something like that, noone would notice that its 3d at all...but if you have 25 superpowered robots jumping onto and flying off of a supercar going 300 mphs while spinning, you will obviously just see it as fake looking.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 2:30am

Post 30 of 70

cantaclaro

Force: 2036 | Joined: 24th Oct 2001 | Posts: 875

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

And I have my Millennium Falcon parked right outside, just because something doesn't exist in this time or world doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't look realistic. Take Starwars Ep. II for example, did you know that not one of the clone soldiers was real, clone soldiers don't exist in real life and i had no frame of reference but they looked damn real to me and they were all CG. In the year 2035 I'm sure that cars will be doing 300 mph with no problem, and with the way technology is progressing robots should be around too. Just because it doesn't exist in the here and now doesn't mean it isn't realistic in appearance.

Canta unsure
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 2:41am

Post 31 of 70

xbreaka

Force: 490 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 525

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

that was kinda funny when he picked up thje chic on his street bioke shes, like "does this run on gas you know gas explodes!"
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 4:02am

Post 32 of 70

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

That movie was great.

**Spoiler**

When Sunny threw the nanobites.. or whatever the f<fxhome-edit> in the air to break that other robots neck and then catch it after?!?! I was like "hooooollly sh<fxhome-edit>! Also, the cheifs shot gun 'shot" was sweet as hell too.

**End Spoiler**

One thing about this movie is that i dont think the slow-motion was over-used at all. I want this on dvd now...

-Chris
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 6:07am

Post 33 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

The shotgun scene was the best shotgun scene I've ever seen in my entire life.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 7:13am

Post 34 of 70

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

haha, i agree man
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 10:12am

Post 35 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Does it actually have anything to do with the origibal Isaac Asimov stories? I'm guessing not ...

I'd LOVE to see a retro version of Henry Kuttner' Proud Robot stories. Am I the only person here who's actually read them?
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 6:08pm

Post 36 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

stqagehanduk wrote:

Does it actually have anything to do with the origibal Isaac Asimov stories? I'm guessing not ...
Yes, of course it does. The 3 Laws of Robotics. Also, this movie was a cumulative display of all of his ideas expressed in his stories.
Posted: Mon, 19th Jul 2004, 7:32pm

Post 37 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Are you sure? Asimov's stories were all about the robots being benign. I can't see how a full-on robot revolt fits in with any of his stories.

Also, their Susan Calvin looks a little more attractive than I'd pictured her ...
Posted: Tue, 20th Jul 2004, 6:19am

Post 38 of 70

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Ok, I saw it tonight and I thought it was awesome. Not just another Will Smith movie, that's for sure. Good good stuff.
Posted: Tue, 20th Jul 2004, 1:11pm

Post 39 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

stqagehanduk wrote:

Are you sure? Asimov's stories were all about the robots being benign. I can't see how a full-on robot revolt fits in with any of his stories.
Sonny's "friend" references throughout the movie express the good hearted meanings found in Asimov's tales. Also, by creating an environment where robots are meant to hurt people furthermore brings out Sonny's benign actions.

Something can easily be seen as something better when compared with some lesser or the worst.

Last edited Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 12:02am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 20th Jul 2004, 11:41pm

Post 40 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Well, I'll defer jusdgement until I actually see it ...

Your argument doesn't stand up, by the way. I can call a cream cake tasty (and did this evening, as it happens) without having to snack on a turd first.
Posted: Tue, 20th Jul 2004, 11:44pm

Post 41 of 70

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

The logic of your argument is crushing.
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 12:02am

Post 42 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

FIXED

That wasn't what I meant before.
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 12:38am

Post 43 of 70

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Okay, back to I, Robot. I thought the overall film was curious. While I enjoyed the overall action and mysterious intensity of the movie, I couldn't help but compare it to Minority Report. (Which I liked.) Although the story had rough and obvious holes and unnecessary scenes, I really thought that it all came together in the end pretty well, and Sonny rocked! However, I was a bit unhappy with the view of Chicago. While some may see it as a contrast of classic Chicago with current technology. I felt it was too Bladerunneryish in the sense of simplicity. and it didn't look like crime had ever even touched the city. All the streets were perfectly clean, and extremely wide and pedestrian welcome. Does any body know what I mean? I'm much more comfortable with the style, contrast, and nice product placement of Minority Report. smile
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 3:01am

Post 44 of 70

sfbmovieco

Force: 2354 | Joined: 19th Mar 2002 | Posts: 1552

VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

This movie kicked ass all over the theatre. Best movie experience I've had since Kill Bill.
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 8:58pm

Post 45 of 70

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

sfbmovieco wrote:

This movie kicked ass all over the theatre. Best movie experience I've had since Kill Bill.
If this is this best movie since Kill Bill, then you haven't seen very good movies. (Ba-Dum TSHH!) Kill Bill was horrible. Bad everything:plot characters, editing, intesity, acting (so-so), angles, use of slo-mo. I hate Quentin Tarentino. (Only my opinion, not trying to start an argument.)

sfbmovieco wrote:

This movie kicked ass all over the theatre. Best movie experience I've had since Kill Bill.
Have you seen Spiderman 2?
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 9:03pm

Post 46 of 70

xbreaka

Force: 490 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 525

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

atom wrote:

sfbmovieco wrote:

This movie kicked ass all over the theatre. Best movie experience I've had since Kill Bill.
If this is this best movie since Kill Bill, then you haven't seen very good movies. (Ba-Dum TSHH!) Kill Bill was horrible. Bad everything:plot characters, editing, intesity, acting (so-so), angles, use of slo-mo. I hate Quentin Tarentino. (Only my opinion, not trying to start an argument.)

sfbmovieco wrote:

This movie kicked ass all over the theatre. Best movie experience I've had since Kill Bill.
Have you seen Spiderman 2?
i haven't seen the kill bill movies, but pulp fiction and respveir dogs were outstanding, so dont diss quentin tarantino enuff said
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 9:05pm

Post 47 of 70

sfbmovieco

Force: 2354 | Joined: 19th Mar 2002 | Posts: 1552

VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

It's merely your opinion. I loved the Kill Bill movies and I also loved I Robot. I have not seen Spiderman 2 and don't really have an interest in doing so. I'm sorry you hate a man that has done absolutely nothing to you. Seriously though, hate never got filmmakers anywhere.
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 9:06pm

Post 48 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

If we diss him will we be bitch-slapped?

Good films or not, he's VERY easy to diss. Destiny Turns On The Radio, anyone?
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 9:34pm

Post 49 of 70

sfbmovieco

Force: 2354 | Joined: 19th Mar 2002 | Posts: 1552

VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Everyone has something on them we can diss them about. But he will take your diss and laugh all the way to the bank while some people on a forum make fun of him.
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 11:02pm

Post 50 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Then everyone is happy. He has a big chin and an annoying voice!
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 11:13pm

Post 51 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

He's laughing. I'm laughing. It's a win-win situation. His head is shaped like a gigantic banana!
Posted: Wed, 21st Jul 2004, 11:37pm

Post 52 of 70

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

You need to start using the edit button. Almost every time I see a post by you, there's another one immediately following it.
Posted: Thu, 22nd Jul 2004, 1:31am

Post 53 of 70

Slick

Force: 1140 | Joined: 20th Jul 2003 | Posts: 924

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I saw it today and I must say it was awsome.

I think it was better than Spiderman 2 becuase Spiderman 2 was to long and had many things that werent necessary. If I had a choice to see Spiderman 2 or I, Robot Id definantly choose I, Robot. Cant wait for the dvd.
Posted: Thu, 22nd Jul 2004, 2:04am

Post 54 of 70

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Can't see it for a week, going to St.Thomas/Bolongo Bay tommorow. I'll reply later. But Sidewinder was CLEARLY joking/being sarcastic about the racist thing. I hope. wink
Posted: Thu, 22nd Jul 2004, 3:01am

Post 55 of 70

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

atom wrote:

(Only my opinion, not trying to start an argument.)
Always read the whole post before commenting

atom wrote:

not trying to start an argument
Hes a crappy director, why can't you see that?!? Does anyone agree with me?!?!?


tard
Posted: Thu, 22nd Jul 2004, 11:11am

Post 56 of 70

stqagehanduk

Force: 460 | Joined: 3rd Jun 2002 | Posts: 438

Gold Member

Not really. He can do dialogue, he can do action. I think he's a bit over-rated, but that's not to say he isn't extremely good at what he does. I will say I wouldn't want to be trapped in a lift with him or want him to marry my daughter (if I had one).
Posted: Sat, 24th Jul 2004, 2:30am

Post 57 of 70

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

i just saw it. fricking loved it. definately worth a DVD purchase from me. Damn cool.
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:01pm

Post 58 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Man, this movie is sooo.....is sooo.. I dont know what to think of it. NAAAHHHH, MAN this movie rocks. I dont know why somebody here, thought the robots DIDNT LOOK REAL. They totally do looks real, I must know, because I did a report on robots and AI (artifial intelligence, incase someone didnt know). Did you all see, how the insides of the robot moved, when the robots were talking. Man, it was animated to perfection, and really well composited into the real image.

MAN I LOVE WILL SMITH, he is such a cool actor. He always was, since Prince from bel air. That dude rocks.
I loved the part, when the president of the robot factory was talking crap, and then will smith sneezes, and says "sorry, I am allergic to bull-shit". That sentence I will remember forever, you never know, might need it sometime, to defend your self, or something biggrin.

Cheers,
devilskater
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:06pm

Post 59 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

devilskater wrote:

I loved the part, when the president of the robot factory was talking crap, and then will smith sneezes, and says "sorry, I am allergic to bull-poo". That sentence I will remember forever, you never know, might need it sometime, to defend your self, or something biggrin.
Man I love the FXhome censor! biggrin
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:20pm

Post 60 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Cool, didnt notice it being changed.

Sorry guys didnt know that shit wasnt allowed wink. Uups did it again biggrin

cheers,
devilskater
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:22pm

Post 61 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

That sentence I will remember forever, you never know, might need it sometime, to defend your self, or something .
Might want to equip yourself with some M4A1's as well. You never know when those might come handy! wink
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:26pm

Post 62 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

haha, nope. Dont think so dude. Remember padawan, the pen is mightier than the sword well, in this case the word is mightier than the sword

Another lesson learned ey ?

cheers,
devilskater
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:29pm

Post 63 of 70

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I,Robot ruled. Loved it all the way through, definately get that on DVD when it's out. cool
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:29pm

Post 64 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

devilskater wrote:

haha, nope. Dont think so dude. Remember padawan, the pen is mightier than the sword
Yes but when you say "I am allergic to bull-poo" to someone, you had better hope that that pen of yours is a BALL-point for if they decide to hunt you down for saying such a thing. biggrin
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:35pm

Post 65 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

nah think pencil is better. Believe me, I had one of those things in my friggen hand caused by an accident in school ( NO FIGHT, incase u thinking that) just slipped, had the thing in my hand, and it went pretty deep. Hurt like hell.

Cheers,
devilskater

p.S: Ok, i think we should stop, its getting a LIL off topic, hehe biggrin
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:37pm

Post 66 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Heh, don't worry, I've seen threads far off topic than this.

Besides, I'm the author of this topic. wink
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:40pm

Post 67 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

man, u answer fast. u must have like a 24 hour watch out on this topic biggrin Yip u are right, you are like god in this thread wink.

Cheers,
devilskater
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:41pm

Post 68 of 70

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

I have MSN Messenger on and it tells me whether there is a new post in any of the topics I'm watching. Good old MS. cool

Nah, I'm just the Oracle. oink
Posted: Tue, 10th Aug 2004, 9:48pm

Post 69 of 70

devilskater

Force: 581 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 890

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

to that someone who said, these robots dont look real, check this out:

Hand in real life (developed up to this date), found on www.shadow.org.uk

http://www.shadow.org.uk/products/hand-enlarged-GlassPlate.shtml

Look at the arms, of the robots in I, Robot. They are perfect !!!!




Just to prove that 1 thing.

cheers,
devilskater
Posted: Wed, 11th Aug 2004, 7:54am

Post 70 of 70

gent23mj

Force: 250 | Joined: 21st Apr 2003 | Posts: 224

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

cantaclaro wrote:

And I have my Millennium Falcon parked right outside, just because something doesn't exist in this time or world doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't look realistic. Take Starwars Ep. II for example, did you know that not one of the clone soldiers was real, clone soldiers don't exist in real life and i had no frame of reference but they looked damn real to me and they were all CG. In the year 2035 I'm sure that cars will be doing 300 mph with no problem, and with the way technology is progressing robots should be around too. Just because it doesn't exist in the here and now doesn't mean it isn't realistic in appearance.

Canta unsure
After all, its a movie, right?

sfbmovieco wrote:
Everyone has something on them we can diss them about. But he will take your diss and laugh all the way to the bank while some people on a forum make fun of him.


Period.

stqagehanduk wrote:
Then everyone is happy. He has a big chin and an annoying voice!


Yea and I saw him on Leno the other night. Geez that guy is figidy!!

Last edited Wed, 11th Aug 2004, 8:05am; edited 1 times in total.