You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Ashlee Simpson's SNL screwup

Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 8:26pm

Post 1 of 48

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

For those of you who missed the embarassing mishap Ashlee Simpson's had with with lip-syncing on last night's Saturday Night Live, check out this hilarious clip.

It is sure to delight.

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Talent can get you so far into today's entertainment industry... oh wait. did I say talent? I meant a pretty face. hehe
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 9:50pm

Post 2 of 48

Andreas

Force: 4943 | Joined: 9th Apr 2002 | Posts: 2657

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User MuzzlePlug User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Thats so stupid, How can she even consider herself or all others out there who sings playback as an artist?

silly world
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 11:15pm

Post 3 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

that is so painful to watch, but so hilarious
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 11:18pm

Post 4 of 48

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

She blamed her band for starting the wrong song. How unprofessional is that! Not only did she poorly cover for miming (like anyone ever suspected otherwise) but then she blamed what was clearly the technicaly guys pressing "play" on the wrong track, on her musicians! The ungrateful, untalented slut.
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 11:44pm

Post 5 of 48

Mr Pencil

Force: 396 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 367

Windows User

Member

I hate that stupid b¡tch. I laughed so hard when I saw that. I'd give you a +1, but I can't, so you get brownie points.
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 11:49pm

Post 6 of 48

xbreaka

Force: 490 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 525

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I'd Hit it eek
Posted: Sun, 24th Oct 2004, 11:56pm

Post 7 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

And how is that different from any other time?

Nah, but seriously, that was so friggin' hilarious. Sad, though, really, she's such a ugly retarded shadow of Jessica, that it's pathetic how much she tries to show her up, failing at it badly.
(off-tone screeky voice) "On a monday, I blahashdshjsaksk.....On a tuesday, I hate Jessica ahdskew;akjakjejlej[po/......And the phone rings and Jessica sucks ahdikdfj....." At least that how it sounds to me.

The saddest part about it is that I actually bought that song.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:11am

Post 8 of 48

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

atom wrote:

And how is that different from any other time?

Nah, but seriously, that was so friggin' hilarious. Sad, though, really, she's such a ugly retarded shadow of Jessica, that it's pathetic how much she tries to show her up, failing at it badly.
(off-tone screeky voice) "On a monday, I blahashdshjsaksk.....On a tuesday, I hate Jessica ahdskew;akjakjejlej[po/......And the phone rings and Jessica sucks ahdikdfj....." At least that how it sounds to me.

The saddest part about it is that I actually bought that song.
I don't know about ugly...
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:29am

Post 9 of 48

aenigma

Force: 480 | Joined: 5th May 2004 | Posts: 416

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don’t even know who she is but that was still hilarious. Stick to the studio and leave the live performances to the real musicians.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:36am

Post 10 of 48

Deepcoiler

Force: 435 | Joined: 18th Jun 2004 | Posts: 541

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Haha, that was funny.

aenigma wrote:

I don’t even know who she is
Jessica Simpson's sister, and the only reason she's famous is because she has a show on MTV showing how much of a retard she is.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:48am

Post 11 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

aenigma wrote:

I don’t even know who she is but that was still hilarious. Stick to the studio and leave the live performances to the real musicians.
(black female teenagers voice) "Oh-ma-god! You dont know who Oshlay-Simpson be?!?! Guuuuurl you best be trippin!"

She is ugly if you look at Jessica. C'mon, you have to agree with me.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:51am

Post 12 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

[quote="atom"]

aenigma wrote:


She is ugly if you look at Jessica. C'mon, you have to agree with me.
I don't care how "attractive" Jessica Simpson is, it far from compensates for how STUPID she is, as her idiocy actually detracts from her looks. When that happens, you know you have found the dumbest person alive.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:54am

Post 13 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

[quote="Waser"]

atom wrote:

aenigma wrote:


She is ugly if you look at Jessica. C'mon, you have to agree with me.
I don't care how "attractive" Jessica Simpson is, it far from compensates for how STUPID she is, as her idiocy actually detracts from her looks. When that happens, you know you have found the dumbest person alive.
I guess. But her mom claims she has an IQ of 120.

Oh, and she is made of rainbows and fruit rollups and can fly. Yeah, I forgot that part.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 12:58am

Post 14 of 48

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Jessica Simpson may not be that smart, but she certainly isn't as stupid as she appears to be. Obviously, someone called her stupid because she acted stupid in one instance, it got her some publicity, and now she's milking the stupid act for all it's worth. THAT's closer to the truth than anything. People will say or do whatever sells.

Last edited Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 4:46am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 1:00am

Post 15 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I seriously doubt it. I think she tries to play off of the assumption you made, because she knows if she does, people like you will think she actually isnt a complete tart, when she infact is.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 1:02am

Post 16 of 48

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Or maybe she wants you to think shes not stupid and pretends to be stupid because others think she isn't stupid because she is, in fact, stupid!
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 1:05am

Post 17 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

pooky, you cracked the code
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 1:06am

Post 18 of 48

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

pooky wrote:

Or maybe she wants you to think shes not stupid and pretends to be stupid because others think she isn't stupid because she is, in fact, stupid!
You're stupid. razz


And a geek.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 4:38am

Post 19 of 48

sidewinder

Force: 4937 | Joined: 5th Aug 2001 | Posts: 2453

FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Such hate.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 4:49am

Post 20 of 48

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

sidewinder wrote:

Such hate.
Such hate that its beginning to aggravate me on my knees cause bees like to sting like the right wing of a chicken, bicken, fo dicken cause Ashlee Simpson is hot and if you think shes not then ya heard that you're a nerd who is GAY.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 4:51am

Post 21 of 48

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

word.

The video is rather amusing. Partly because of the weird little jig she does once or twice.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 4:58am

Post 22 of 48

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Indeed - that jig is one of the most terrifying, yet hillarious things, I've EVER seen.

And then the band members look REALLY smug that they're still playing and she's buggered off.

Arktic.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 5:08am

Post 23 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

HOLY CRAP SIDEWINDER IS UPSIDE DOWN!

it's funny how Jude Law was trying to cover for her. What a nice dude
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 5:11am

Post 24 of 48

Mr_E_Man

Force: 730 | Joined: 15th Apr 2003 | Posts: 166

EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I can believe an IQ of 120. IQ is only the CAPACITY to learn, it really doesn't mean she's smart. Because she's not.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 6:08am

Post 25 of 48

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Such hate that its beginning to aggravate me on my knees cause bees like to sting like the right wing of a chicken, bicken, fo dicken cause Ashlee Simpson is hot and if you think shes not then ya heard that you're a nerd who is GAY.
That was ig'nant (translation: ignorant) Anyways, who cares is Jessica isnt the smartest. The fact is that she is good at what she does, and that would be singing. She actually has an amazing voice (unlike her sister) who is just getting the gig out of relation. Just like Kelly Osbourne... she's gross. But i def would not say that Ashlee is ugly. I wouldnt say shes amazingly hot either, but shes def a good looking girl. Jessica on the other hand is amazingly hott. She def got the looks and the talent out of the two... not to mention the two things that stand out before anything else about her... you can find those in the northern region of Jessica.

Oh, and that clip is funny as hell. What the hell kinda dancing did she start doing when that happened? She looked stupid... mad stupid...

-Chris
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 1:05pm

Post 26 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

AHAHAHA they just did a report about it on the Today show. Well, there goes her career.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 8:10pm

Post 27 of 48

Mr Pencil

Force: 396 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 367

Windows User

Member

CX3 wrote:

Anyways, who cares is Jessica isnt the smartest. The fact is that she is good at what she does, and that would be singing. She actually has an amazing voice (unlike her sister) who is just getting the gig out of relation. Just like Kelly Osbourne... she's gross. But i def would not say that Ashlee is ugly. I wouldnt say shes amazingly hot either, but shes def a good looking girl. Jessica on the other hand is amazingly hott. She def got the looks and the talent out of the two... not to mention the two things that stand out before anything else about her... you can find those in the northern region of Jessica.
True Dat.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 8:47pm

Post 28 of 48

mthoward

Force: 430 | Joined: 1st Feb 2004 | Posts: 136

EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User

Gold Member

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 10:29pm

Post 29 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

mthoward wrote:

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Yeah. VERY PATHETIC if you ask me. She sounds horrible already, but now we all have proof that it isn't even her? Sad. I meant that she's ugly by comparison to Jessica. Jessica is hot. Period.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 10:44pm

Post 30 of 48

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Umm are you guys serious when you said Jessica's smart?

She didnt want to eat buffalo wings because she didnt think she'd like buffalo - its chicken

other thing

Jessica Said "is this chicken im eating or fish?"
someone "its tuna"
jassica" i know but is it fish or chicken"

so i realy dont think shes smart, but who cares ,shes hot
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 10:52pm

Post 31 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Artur L wrote:

Umm are you guys serious when you said Jessica's smart?

She didnt want to eat buffalo wings because she didnt think she'd like buffalo - its chicken

other thing

Jessica Said "is this chicken im eating or fish?"
someone "its tuna"
jassica" i know but is it fish or chicken"

so i realy dont think shes smart, but who cares ,shes hot
Yeah, but just because whe isn't knowledgable of certain products doesn't mean she can't be smart. I didn't know that buffalo wings were chicken until I tried one. Thats not stupid. But, anyways, forget about it.
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 10:55pm

Post 32 of 48

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

k sorry
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 10:55pm

Post 33 of 48

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

atom wrote:

just because whe isn't knowledgable of certain products doesn't mean she can't be smart.... I didn't know that buffalo wings were chicken until I tried one. Thats not stupid.
But there's a difference between not knowing what a product is, and knowing that buffalo don't have wings! razz
Posted: Mon, 25th Oct 2004, 11:27pm

Post 34 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Arktic wrote:

atom wrote:

just because whe isn't knowledgable of certain products doesn't mean she can't be smart.... I didn't know that buffalo wings were chicken until I tried one. Thats not stupid.
But there's a difference between not knowing what a product is, and knowing that buffalo don't have wings! razz
True, but maybe she thought it was like buffalo meat in wing shape. Kind of like how tamales are wrapped in corn husks. wink Nah, just giving y'all a hard time.

smile Cheers,

Atom
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 12:52am

Post 35 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

what the hell part of the body would a buffalo wing be of? the toe?

Also, you are a kid. she's like 25.
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 1:50am

Post 36 of 48

Brettsta

Force: 3385 | Joined: 15th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2114

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

atom wrote:

mthoward wrote:

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Yeah. VERY PATHETIC if you ask me. She sounds horrible already, but now we all have proof that it isn't even her? Sad. I meant that she's ugly by comparison to Jessica. Jessica is hot. Period.
Well, its her. I'm not sure if u get it. Its just pre-recorded and if you think shes the only person that has ever done this you are wrong. It is a way performers can make their voices sound stronger then they actually are live.
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 2:17am

Post 37 of 48

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Brettsta wrote:

atom wrote:

mthoward wrote:

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Yeah. VERY PATHETIC if you ask me. She sounds horrible already, but now we all have proof that it isn't even her? Sad. I meant that she's ugly by comparison to Jessica. Jessica is hot. Period.
Well, its her. I'm not sure if u get it.
Her singing live. Sh
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 2:36am

Post 38 of 48

aenigma

Force: 480 | Joined: 5th May 2004 | Posts: 416

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

mthoward wrote:

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Maybe she wants to be in Riverdance. At least she won’t have to do any singing. smile

Edit: Something I just found. This is a quote from a Lucky magazine interview where she was asked about lip-synching. "I'm totally against it and offended by it," she said. "I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

I guess it is you after all. heheheh...
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 4:40am

Post 39 of 48

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

aenigma wrote:

mthoward wrote:

was ashlee dancing in the beginning of that?
Maybe she wants to be in Riverdance. At least she won’t have to do any singing. smile

Edit: Something I just found. This is a quote from a Lucky magazine interview where she was asked about lip-synching. "I'm totally against it and offended by it," she said. "I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

I guess it is you after all. heheheh...
Excellent find. How ironic though smile
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 1:04pm

Post 40 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

YES!!!! The story developes! She claims she had acid reflux and didn't want to cancel the show. I think she is doing an interview on the Today show about it.....HAH!
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 7:42pm

Post 41 of 48

Mr Pencil

Force: 396 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 367

Windows User

Member

Waser wrote:

She claims she had acid reflux and didn't want to cancel the show.
Bullsh*t.
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 7:46pm

Post 42 of 48

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I dunno pencil, it sounds about right..... surprised
Posted: Tue, 26th Oct 2004, 9:53pm

Post 43 of 48

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

i heard she died and turned into a brain sucking Zombie!
Just in time for haloween, wierd!
Posted: Wed, 27th Oct 2004, 12:29am

Post 44 of 48

gent23mj

Force: 250 | Joined: 21st Apr 2003 | Posts: 224

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

[quote="Waser"]

atom wrote:

aenigma wrote:


She is ugly if you look at Jessica. C'mon, you have to agree with me.
I don't care how "attractive" Jessica Simpson is, it far from compensates for how STUPID she is, as her idiocy actually detracts from her looks. When that happens, you know you have found the dumbest person alive.
Jessica is hot, but not too bright, im sure when having sex you dont ask to many intellectual questions wink. But thats sex. I dont know that I could be married to a Jessica SImpson because of her blondeness. But then again, it could all be show, who knows?
Posted: Thu, 28th Oct 2004, 9:46pm

Post 45 of 48

TAP2

Force: 1128 | Joined: 8th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1848

Windows User

Member

Link isn't working... I really wanted to see this smile
Posted: Mon, 1st Nov 2004, 3:54pm

Post 46 of 48

gent23mj

Force: 250 | Joined: 21st Apr 2003 | Posts: 224

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

TAP2 wrote:

Link isn't working... I really wanted to see this smile
me 2
Posted: Tue, 2nd Nov 2004, 11:54pm

Post 47 of 48

TAP2

Force: 1128 | Joined: 8th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1848

Windows User

Member

It works now...

Anyway, we can conclude from this that MOST POP is sh**.

Whether people like REAL BANDS or not, they are the ones with all the talent and skill.

This is coming from a person who like ALL* genres of music.

*Excludes Hardcore Trance...
Posted: Wed, 3rd Nov 2004, 3:54am

Post 48 of 48

hahoozhafax

Force: 1580 | Joined: 27th Dec 2003 | Posts: 186

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

TAP2 wrote:

Anyway, we can conclude from this that MOST POP is sh**.

Whether people like REAL BANDS or not, they are the ones with all the talent and skill.
Amen.

Honestly, it doesn't take any talent to move your lips to your digitally corrected voice. And if you can't even do that... thats just sad...

Haha that clip was hilarious though, the dance is one of the stupidest/funniest things I've ever seen.