You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Vegitarians?

Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:07am

Post 1 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

Is there any on the board besides me? haha. Please don't verbaly abuse me. lol.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:10am

Post 2 of 52

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Rather odd topic, but....

I am sort of vegetarian. The only meat I can are: chicken, turkey, and fish.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:18am

Post 3 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

cool cool.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:40am

Post 4 of 52

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I was a vegan for two or three months or so. Soy stuff is good.

Why do you ask, by the way? Are you just wondering if you're the only one?
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:53am

Post 5 of 52

Stoker

Force: 470 | Joined: 29th Jul 2004 | Posts: 93

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

im kinda a vegitarian i only eat cow, pig, turkey, and chicken... bu i do think some soy stuff is good
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:54am

Post 6 of 52

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Stoker wrote:

im kinda a vegitarian i only eat cow, pig, turkey, and chicken
I would say you are not a vegetarian.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:12am

Post 7 of 52

Marek

Force: 2225 | Joined: 25th Dec 2002 | Posts: 1754

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I'm an all out vegetarian. I only eat ham, chops, burgers, hotdogs, sausage, steak, loin, calf, chicken, turkey, duck, veil, lamb...

But seriously,
I don't really like that many types of vegetables, but I don't like the idea of animals being killed for food and all that. I just don't think about it. smile
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:44am

Post 8 of 52

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

I say if they are already dead, may as well eat 'em. What is the reason you guys are vegetarian, don't like animals being killed, tastes bad, think it is unhealthy etc? I do NOT like animals dying for the sake of sport, or for selling products such as fur coats, leather boots, etc.

Last edited Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:53am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:49am

Post 9 of 52

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

The only meat my brother (atom) eats is chicken. That's ALMOST vegetarian. Almost.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 9:05am

Post 10 of 52

Klut

Force: 2120 | Joined: 16th Apr 2004 | Posts: 1585

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I love meat, it's the best thing on earth!
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 9:35am

Post 11 of 52

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

I don't eat fried pig skin. Am I a vegitarian?
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 9:39am

Post 12 of 52

Andreas

Force: 4943 | Joined: 9th Apr 2002 | Posts: 2657

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User MuzzlePlug User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

The only meat I ate for 14 years was hotdogs, hamburgers, fishsticks and some chicken. But I never consider myself as a vego.

Now I put 'anything' in my mouth..

I understand vegetarians, but not thoose who consider themself as vegetarians and then go and grab a McChicken..
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 10:07am

Post 13 of 52

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I only eat things that had a face once...
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 11:28am

Post 14 of 52

Rawree

Force: 3250 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 1925

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I've been a proper vegetarian for about 10 years now, no meat whatsoever.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 12:17pm

Post 15 of 52

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Did you know that soy is bad for your thyroid?

Anyway, I am almost a meat-atarian.... I tend to avoid vegetables for the most part, except for potatos, corn, and peas. But give me meat of just about any kind, and I'd eat it. Except fish... I don't like fish.

Beef, Pork, Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Crab, Lobster, Snails, Meal Worms, Ostrich, Deer, Quail, and fried tarantula are all types of meat I have ingested, and I am always out to try more.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 12:20pm

Post 16 of 52

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

I'm a vegetarian. Just don't see the point of killing things if all the nutrients we need are found in the plant kingdom. I eat & drink milk & eggs, but I also drink soya milk quite a bit - I do think the idea of drinking cows' breast milk & eating chicken embryos is a bit sick though confused
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 2:03pm

Post 17 of 52

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Serpent wrote:

What is the reason you guys are vegetarian, don't like animals being killed, tastes bad, think it is unhealthy etc?
Religious reasons. Cows are sacred in India so I don't eat beef.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 2:25pm

Post 18 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Mellifluous wrote:

I'm a vegetarian. Just don't see the point of killing things if all the nutrients we need are found in the plant kingdom. I eat & drink milk & eggs, but I also drink soya milk quite a bit - I do think the idea of drinking cows' breast milk & eating chicken embryos is a bit sick though confused
If we never killed animals for food, it would mess up the food chain. Im an all out CARNIVORE capable of ingesting enormous mounts of food. I do agree with serpent when he says that its wrong to kill them just for fancy fur coats and such.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 2:42pm

Post 19 of 52

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Yep, soya has been associated with a few health problems such as infertility & thyroid problems. Don't know whether to believe them or not...fluoride's been argued to affect the thyroid too but we don't stop using it in toothpaste

As for the food chain thing, I don't think it'd mess it up. Evolution & adaptation, baby
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 2:54pm

Post 20 of 52

Rawree

Force: 3250 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 1925

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

timmyd wrote:


If we never killed animals for food, it would mess up the food chain.
Yes in fact before man could kill animals the food chain was so messed up that no life existed until we arrived...
In what way would worldwide vegetarianism mess up the food chain?

Serpent wrote:

I say if they are already dead, may as well eat 'em. .
And how did they get dead? Is it due to them being bred for meat and then slaughtered? I think so.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 2:58pm

Post 21 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Well,m if we ate all the plants, the animals wouldnt be able to eat and would die, then the plants would die off, but thats scenario 1.

If the animals became overpopulated they would eat all the plannts and leavee nothing for us. Scenario 2.

Scenario 3. The world is in perfect harmony: The sun shines on the plants, the animals eat the plants at a controlled rate, and we eat the animals. AND WE PROSPER. smile
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 3:08pm

Post 22 of 52

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Don't mean to start an argument but...

Didn't animals kill other animals to eat as well before we arrived? They still do don't they? So what's wrong with us (who are technically animals) doing it too? Honestly I don't really see a problem with killing them for food, they don't have a consience anyway.

And from what I get, being Vegetarian is actually worse for your health, correct me if I'm wrong.


...and meat tastes good smile

Last edited Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 3:12pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 3:11pm

Post 23 of 52

Rawree

Force: 3250 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 1925

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Well,m if we ate all the plants, the animals wouldnt be able to eat and would die, then the plants would die off, but thats scenario 1.
There are more than enough vegetables for everyone, just looks around the supermarkets. Plants grow much faster than animals and are much easier to produce. I really doubt that every species of animal could be wiped out if we stop killing them.

If the animals became overpopulated they would eat all the plannts and leavee nothing for us. Scenario 2.
Ever wondered why there are cattle all over the countryside? That's because they are farmed and put there by people. If animals wern't eaten they would not be farmed as much and there would be no overpopulation.

Scenario 3. The world is in perfect harmony: The sun shines on the plants, the animals eat the plants at a controlled rate, and we eat the animals. AND WE PROSPER. smile
1) Animals don't eat at a controlled rate.
2) Why do you have to eat the animals to prosper? Just miss out that step and everyone is happy.


I do realise that this debate is pointless but it does seem pretty interesting (as long as it doesn't get too heated.)

[/quote]
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 3:43pm

Post 24 of 52

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Meat eating is perfectly natural, has been for millions of years & I don't actually have anything against it. Personally, though, I have a bit of an aversion to the production-line nature of meat nowadays.

It's not true though that being vegetarian can be worse for your health. Whether you're meat-eating or vegetarian, the balance & quality of your diet influences your health, & being either doesn't give you an automatic ticket to healthdom.

Vegetarians do need to ensure they get enough protein though, which is the main nutritional reason to eat meat, but as I said there are plenty of plant foods that contain all the nutrients of meat.

As for animals lacking consciences, whew, that's taking a big step into philosophical debate! As you say, we are animals, we have consciences, so theoretically shouldn't all animals have consciences?
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 3:50pm

Post 25 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

The differences are that we, human animals, have free will, and other animals don't.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:17pm

Post 26 of 52

Marek

Force: 2225 | Joined: 25th Dec 2002 | Posts: 1754

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

TimmyD, I'm somewhat on your side...
But your last comment was totally moronic.

Animals don't have free will? Since when? Last time I checked animals do whatever they want within their natural boundries.

I believe that animals do have a concience, just not one that we can understand. Humans' concience tends to speak to us in your primary tongue. I don't know about you, but I don't think I could possibly comprehend how an animals concience speaks to them.

Yes, humans have been omnivores since the dawn of human existance. I agree, production lines and the like are very sick and twisted. There's no reason why animals should have to die like that.

But the sad truth is, no matter how many vegetarians there are there will still be enough people who like meat to create demand for it, so meat will continue to be produced.

confused
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 4:44pm

Post 27 of 52

Deepcoiler

Force: 435 | Joined: 18th Jun 2004 | Posts: 541

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

pooky wrote:

Don't mean to start an argument but...

Didn't animals kill other animals to eat as well before we arrived? They still do don't they? So what's wrong with us (who are technically animals) doing it too? Honestly I don't really see a problem with killing them for food, they don't have a consience anyway.

And from what I get, being Vegetarian is actually worse for your health, correct me if I'm wrong.


...and meat tastes good smile
I am not really much of a meat eater, the only meat I eat is the occasional hot dog and chicken. However, I have to agree with Pooky here.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:03pm

Post 28 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

This is probably a really stupid question, but animals are killed for leather, right? confused
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:06pm

Post 29 of 52

Deepcoiler

Force: 435 | Joined: 18th Jun 2004 | Posts: 541

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

timmyd wrote:

This is probably a really stupid question, but animals are killed for leather, right? confused
Hmmm....... tard
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:07pm

Post 30 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Well sheep arent killed for wool! Fine, i guess animals ARE killed for leather.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 5:39pm

Post 31 of 52

hahoozhafax

Force: 1580 | Joined: 27th Dec 2003 | Posts: 186

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

pooky wrote:

...and meat tastes good smile
Amen.

Last edited Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 2:39am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 6:42pm

Post 32 of 52

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I have got a few points to prove.

A) Mel, meat tastes good and protein is not the only thing the boddy needs.

Rawree: The aniamls who are in the super market are dead, are they not? That is what I buy, already dead animals. If I stopped eating meat, they would still be there just waiting fr someone else to buy them.

Digi: Thank you for answering my ques tion. I know plenty of Indian vegetarians. Soem other people indirectly answered my question.

Timmyd/Pooky: Good points, we are part of the food chain, we are omnivours and eat other animals just as lions, tigers, bears oh my etc. Rawree, it wouldn't mess up the food chain, but it isn't messing it up since we do and have eaten meat since Paleolithic times. It wont get messed up, the problem is people are making it mess up by clearing rainforests, and hunting for fun, for fur, etc. I say we kill off all of the stupid people, we eat less meat as a whole due to less population, we have common sense, now the food chain is balanced.

But don't start on h
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 6:48pm

Post 33 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I'd say debate's settled. Thanks, Serpent. It was fun though.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 6:57pm

Post 34 of 52

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

We should just ban all killing of animals. And also ban all animals killing animals all together as well (for the people who dont like seeing animals killed for food.) Everything on this planet should be a vegan. Wait... arent plants living as well?? We're gonna starve...
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 7:09pm

Post 35 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

CX3 wrote:

We should just ban all killing of animals. And also ban all animals killing animals all together as well (for the people who dont like seeing animals killed for food.) Everything on this planet should be a vegan. Wait... arent plants living as well?? We're gonna starve...
haha. I am not that extreme. I don't like to animals killed for sport, but I am not like a animal rights activist or anything. I just don't like meat much, so I decided to go 'tarian. I think you guys should try it, after awhile you love it. Soy stuff is really good! Yeah I just wanted to see if anyone else was vegetarian. I am not vegan yet, I might be later on...

yes meat is good for protien, but when the earth was created, there was no meat eating. If you are vegan you really need to make sure you have enough protien. Eat nuts, and soy is packed with protien.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 7:12pm

Post 36 of 52

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

You're all commiting vegecide, don't you realize!

On a more serious note... humans are built for consuming both meat and plant life; we're omnivores. And while some things don't go too well with the way animals are raised for meat, there is also a lot of skew and sway with how it is put out by groups like PETA. Just like any political propaganda, PETA tells one side of the story and tries to make it seem like it encompasses all that goes on. Therefore, all the animal farms made for raising food aren't truly so bad; certain ones are.

The solid fact is, something has to die. And whether it wallows in its own feces and can barely stand, or if it lives a life of luxury until it is killed by a bolt gun, the final truth either way is that the animal is dead in the end.

If every human stopped eating meat, there WOULD be an ecological diaster. Not only are we supposed to be balancing it with our omnivoric diets, but we also have made a massive imbalance as it is. A drastic changeover would cause huge problems.

And by the way... people often don't eat meat because it is the death of an animal. However, think of all the animals that die to keep your vegetables in good condition. Incesticides KILL things. Okay, you may say, "Well, they're just bugs." But remember two things: One, incects are often used as a major source of food intake in some countries. And two, saying that "they're just bugs" opens up a whole new door of where you draw the line. Killing bugs that destroy your crops, killing mice because they're pests... the list grows and I wonder where YOU happen to draw the line to determine what happens. Whether you eat meat or eat vegetables alone, thousands of creatures die in many ways for you to get your meals.

THus, if so many things die, I say at least use that death to cause something else to live (i.e. you) instead of killing it and wasting the possible product.



"I won't kill a cow, but I'll swat a fly" seems hypocritical to me.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 7:12pm

Post 37 of 52

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Well, I'm not a vegetarian, and it's because
1 - I like meat (mmmm steak) and
2 - Even if I stopped, there aren't enough vegetarians at the moment for it to make any ethical difference. Kinda the 'tyrany of the majority' - there are sooooo many meat eaters, it just doesn't make sense for me to bother stopping.

But if someone wants to stop eating meat on principle, then I say good for them biggrin

Andreas wrote:

Now I put 'anything' in my mouth..


That's just so easy to make fun of, I'm not even going to bother wink

Cheers,
Arktic.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 7:28pm

Post 38 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

nitroviper007 wrote:

You're all commiting vegecide, don't you realize!

On a more serious note... humans are built for consuming both meat and plant life; we're omnivores. And while some things don't go too well with the way animals are raised for meat, there is also a lot of skew and sway with how it is put out by groups like PETA. Just like any political propaganda, PETA tells one side of the story and tries to make it seem like it encompasses all that goes on. Therefore, all the animal farms made for raising food aren't truly so bad; certain ones are.

The solid fact is, something has to die. And whether it wallows in its own feces and can barely stand, or if it lives a life of luxury until it is killed by a bolt gun, the final truth either way is that the animal is dead in the end.

If every human stopped eating meat, there WOULD be an ecological diaster. Not only are we supposed to be balancing it with our omnivoric diets, but we also have made a massive imbalance as it is. A drastic changeover would cause huge problems.

And by the way... people often don't eat meat because it is the death of an animal. However, think of all the animals that die to keep your vegetables in good condition. Incesticides KILL things. Okay, you may say, "Well, they're just bugs." But remember two things: One, incects are often used as a major source of food intake in some countries. And two, saying that "they're just bugs" opens up a whole new door of where you draw the line. Killing bugs that destroy your crops, killing mice because they're pests... the list grows and I wonder where YOU happen to draw the line to determine what happens. Whether you eat meat or eat vegetables alone, thousands of creatures die in many ways for you to get your meals.

THus, if so many things die, I say at least use that death to cause something else to live (i.e. you) instead of killing it and wasting the possible product.



"I won't kill a cow, but I'll swat a fly" seems hypocritical to me.
I agree will you, I have just decided that I am not going to eat meat and clog my arteries. I have nothing against eating meat, it is just a personal choice I have made.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 7:43pm

Post 39 of 52

Rawree

Force: 3250 | Joined: 27th Jun 2002 | Posts: 1925

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

FiveIronFrenzy wrote:


I have nothing against eating meat, it is just a personal choice I have made.
I'm exactly the same, if you want to eat meat then I really don't care, it's just interesting to see how some people react to vegetarianism.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 8:02pm

Post 40 of 52

TimmyD

Force: 2646 | Joined: 18th Feb 2004 | Posts: 2507

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I don't care if all of you were vegies. Doesn't change who you are.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 8:04pm

Post 41 of 52

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Myself and er-no discuss and write all our films over a macdonalds meal.
ergo, meat = god-like. wink

My mindframe is similiar to Arktic's on this matter, though if not eating meat makes you feel better about yourself or you simply don't like the taste of meat then it makes sense to be a vegetarian. smile

In some ways, I see vegetarianism in a similiar light to religion. As in, I have absolutely no problem with it as long as people aren't trying to convert me or making me feel bad for not doing as they do.

One thing I am not particular fond of is this "I eat chicken but I'm a vegetarian" thing going on. You don't see me saying "I don't smoke, except for cigarrettes" now do you?
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 9:05pm

Post 42 of 52

Mr Pencil

Force: 396 | Joined: 8th Jul 2004 | Posts: 367

Windows User

Member

I poke fun of all my vegan friends. They don't care- actually it's a good laugh.
Posted: Thu, 23rd Dec 2004, 9:44pm

Post 43 of 52

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

timmyd wrote:

I don't care if all of you were vegies. Doesn't change who you are.
I think some people here would have stopped being vegetarians if you didn't want them to... rolleyes
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 12:32am

Post 44 of 52

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I eat everything considered food.
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 1:51am

Post 45 of 52

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

FiveIronFrenzy wrote:

I agree will you, I have just decided that I am not going to eat meat and clog my arteries. I have nothing against eating meat, it is just a personal choice I have made.
See, that's perfectly fine. My main concern for vegetarians (well, those who are just personally doing it and don't attack me for eating meat) is that many vegetarians think that they're being healthy. But the solid fact is, so many vegetarians out there don't know what is in what they're eating, so they end up not getting the necessary protein/fat/sugars/etc. that is in the meat they've dropped.

If you've done your research, that's awesome. Good for you. As long as you're healthy for eating the right types of vegetarian food instead of thinking you're "healthy" because you just don't eat meat.

Furthermore, I avoid soy as much as possible because my family has a history of thyroid problems, and soy is particularly good at attacking that. Also, soy products tend to taste like hell, haha.
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 2:11am

Post 46 of 52

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

nitroviper007 wrote:

Also, soy products tend to taste like hell, haha.
You have not lived. There are very many extremely tasty soy products. In fact, if you gave someone something that was soy but flavored like meat, I bet they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But only if it wasn't just straight soy. If it had something with it.

I'm done.
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 2:29am

Post 47 of 52

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Nothing beats well prepared roast lamb made by a Greek chef, gotta love it.
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 2:48am

Post 48 of 52

aenigma

Force: 480 | Joined: 5th May 2004 | Posts: 416

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

I’m vegetarian and I think my email signature pretty much sums it up.

“I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.”
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 3:35am

Post 49 of 52

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

aenigma wrote:


“I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.”
Haha, thats a good one +1
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 8:07pm

Post 50 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

nitroviper007 wrote:

FiveIronFrenzy wrote:

I agree will you, I have just decided that I am not going to eat meat and clog my arteries. I have nothing against eating meat, it is just a personal choice I have made.
See, that's perfectly fine. My main concern for vegetarians (well, those who are just personally doing it and don't attack me for eating meat) is that many vegetarians think that they're being healthy. But the solid fact is, so many vegetarians out there don't know what is in what they're eating, so they end up not getting the necessary protein/fat/sugars/etc. that is in the meat they've dropped.

If you've done your research, that's awesome. Good for you. As long as you're healthy for eating the right types of vegetarian food instead of thinking you're "healthy" because you just don't eat meat.

Furthermore, I avoid soy as much as possible because my family has a history of thyroid problems, and soy is particularly good at attacking that. Also, soy products tend to taste like hell, haha.
All I can say is VERY good point, I think exactly like that. I have researched it all. Yeah if all you eat is fruit and veggies you are gonna be a thin, emaciated gollum figure. Eating meat and not eating meat does not make you heathly. Not eating meat is just part of the decision I made. I also don't eat lots of sweets. I do a little, but not often. Very good point though. I am very glad you said that. I could still eat meat and be heathly no doubt.
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 8:43pm

Post 51 of 52

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

So then... why don't you eat meat? smile

If it makes you feel better, sure go ahead, but is there a solid reason other than that?
Posted: Fri, 24th Dec 2004, 9:05pm

Post 52 of 52

FiveIronFrenzy

Force: 464 | Joined: 25th Dec 2003 | Posts: 438

Windows User

Gold Member

because I don't like meat, and too much of it is unhealthy for you. Plus it is fatting. My soild reason is: I believe it is not healthy.

You can eat meat and still be healthy, just if you eat alot of it, and way to few veggies and fruit. You get heartattacks, clogged arteries etc.