You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

"Biltema" Super-Glue!

Posted: Mon, 21st Feb 2005, 3:42pm

Post 1 of 14

Klut

Force: 2120 | Joined: 16th Apr 2004 | Posts: 1585

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Some weeks ago, we had a school-project to make a commercial, ours is for super-glue, made by some Scandinavian organisation. It had to be Max 30 sec, and I don't think we will win the "golden egg" for this commercial, but it was fun making, and fun watching.

Enjoy!


More Info
Posted: Mon, 21st Feb 2005, 5:23pm

Post 2 of 14

Nagual

Force: 1050 | Joined: 21st Jul 2004 | Posts: 289

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 User Windows User

Gold Member

Well, what can I say.

It made me laugh or at least smile and chuckle a bit. your native language sounds so much better than the sub titles read...biggrin

The ripped off leg bit, perhaps needs a bit of work, but the idea was sound. The hand granade bit made me squirm, it looked like a apple or lime or something, and that grrrly scream. Heh perfect effect , who wouldn't scream like a woman...

Good attempt, I guess it is ment to be tongue in cheek? Right?
Posted: Tue, 22nd Feb 2005, 10:24pm

Post 3 of 14

jstow222

Force: 970 | Joined: 28th Oct 2002 | Posts: 1146

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Funny stuff Klut.
Posted: Thu, 24th Feb 2005, 2:48am

Post 4 of 14

kim_g_H

Force: 0 | Joined: 1st Jun 2003 | Posts: 1

Member

Ikke så alt for bra syntes jeg da razz skulle det være en reklame liksom?
Posted: Thu, 24th Feb 2005, 4:03am

Post 5 of 14

The Artur

Force: 563 | Joined: 21st Aug 2004 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Yeah i thought it was pretty funny, you probably will win the contest for your school/class project. Hope to see more from you soon. biggrin
Posted: Sat, 5th Mar 2005, 1:35am

Post 6 of 14

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hmmm................well, the video was by my standards "okay". However I thought the "Revenge" part was completely-completely-completely unecessary, and I got the impression that you just put it in there to 'show off' the fact that you could do those effects. (Just my impression, though) I also have high doubts that a 'school' would allow a video containing such morbid (however comical) graphics/weapon-use and violence. What are them theachers teaching you in Norway? wink

1/5. (But your improving, bud. smile )
Posted: Sat, 5th Mar 2005, 1:42am

Post 7 of 14

Deepcoiler

Force: 435 | Joined: 18th Jun 2004 | Posts: 541

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Um, Atom, you gave it a zero. About the movie, I had to watch it twice to see what the heck was going on, but once I did pay attention, It was quite humorous. I say 3/5.
Posted: Sat, 5th Mar 2005, 2:34pm

Post 8 of 14

Klut

Force: 2120 | Joined: 16th Apr 2004 | Posts: 1585

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

atom wrote:

Hmmm................well, the video was by my standards "okay". However I thought the "Revenge" part was completely-completely-completely unecessary, and I got the impression that you just put it in there to 'show off' the fact that you could do those effects. (Just my impression, though) I also have high doubts that a 'school' would allow a video containing such morbid (however comical) graphics/weapon-use and violence. What are them theachers teaching you in Norway? wink

1/5. (But your improving, bud. smile )
You wouldn't belive what what school let uss do here... And yes, we wanted to "show off" like hell!!(and also, loosing foot, stuff like that is sooo my humour!) The winner is not chosen yet, I'll se who it'll be. And 0/5? Now you are cheap, it's not that bad. snooty
Posted: Sun, 6th Mar 2005, 5:33pm

Post 9 of 14

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Klut wrote:

atom wrote:

Hmmm................well, the video was by my standards "okay". However I thought the "Revenge" part was completely-completely-completely unecessary, and I got the impression that you just put it in there to 'show off' the fact that you could do those effects. (Just my impression, though) I also have high doubts that a 'school' would allow a video containing such morbid (however comical) graphics/weapon-use and violence. What are them theachers teaching you in Norway? wink

1/5. (But your improving, bud. smile )
You wouldn't belive what what school let uss do here... And yes, we wanted to "show off" like hell!!(and also, loosing foot, stuff like that is sooo my humour!) The winner is not chosen yet, I'll se who it'll be. And 0/5? Now you are cheap, it's not that bad. snooty
Arghh! Maybe a mod can change that. It was entirely by mistake. And, yeah, now that Iwatch your video again, I have to say its quite humorous. 2/5, now, bud.
(If they can change it, 2/5)
Posted: Tue, 15th Mar 2005, 8:25pm

Post 10 of 14

Remco Gerritsen

Force: 578 | Joined: 4th Mar 2005 | Posts: 517

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

4/5, cool movie. Funny !!!
Posted: Wed, 4th Jan 2006, 8:46pm

Post 11 of 14

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Pretty funny stuff there Klut. smile

Allthough it tries a bit too hard to be funny for my taste, never the less, solid idea. If a student of mine came up with that spot, I'd like it. wink
Posted: Sat, 7th Jan 2006, 5:25pm

Post 12 of 14

Super Cameraman

Force: 430 | Joined: 25th May 2003 | Posts: 242

Windows User

Gold Member

That was quite a bump but thanks for doing it! I really enjoyed it! However, I was wondering, how were the muzzle flashes done? They were really good!

Darkhelmetman
Posted: Mon, 9th Jan 2006, 10:13pm

Post 13 of 14

Klut

Force: 2120 | Joined: 16th Apr 2004 | Posts: 1585

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

darkhelmetman wrote:

I was wondering, how were the muzzle flashes done? They were really good!

Darkhelmetman
Used alamdv2 muzzleflashes with light bulb ^^ biggrin
Posted: Sun, 5th Feb 2006, 9:30pm

Post 14 of 14

Oeyvind

Force: 3040 | Joined: 6th Jun 2005 | Posts: 568

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hey Klut!

Cool movie! Good to see a norwegian film...! wink The FX were cool, and the humour was funny! Great little comercial! Keep the norwegian movies coming! We're gonna take over the cinema!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

Oeyvind