Posted: Tue, 26th Apr 2005, 8:13am
Post 1 of 5
Hi all , one of the reasonns we wanted chromanator was to blur out a vehicle licence plate number and the odd face or 2.
Ive read the manual but cant fathom out how to select the small area of a face / number plate from the imported full avi to do this, rather than it bluring out the whole picture.
Is there an online tutorial or can someone describe how it is done.
Posted: Tue, 26th Apr 2005, 8:16am
Post 2 of 5
The link from Chromanator said it was still in work but the one from the site itself came up trumps !!
Posted: Tue, 26th Apr 2005, 8:33am
Post 3 of 5
There may be a better method, but the way I'd do it is as follows:
1. Place a duplicate of your footage on the track above, so that tracks 1 and 2 both contain your AVI file, starting and ending at the same frames.
2. Switch to Object View for the footage in track 2. Click on the Garbage Matte tab (under the Key tab), and add a new mask (by clicking on the "+" button in the top-right).
3. Draw the mask points around the license plate and, once finished, click on 'Animate'.
4. Invert the mask by ticking the "Invert mask" checkbox so that it is "On". You can also play around with the Feather option if needed.
5. Click on the Effects tab and add your Box Blur effect. The resulting blur effect will only apply to whatever is inside your mask, i.e. the license plate, because you inverted the mask.
6. If required you can animate your mask by going back to the Garbage Matte tab. Click on various frames in the footage and adjust the mask points as necessary (e.g. every 10th frame) so that the mask always covers the license plate.
Posted: Fri, 29th Apr 2005, 11:29pm
Post 5 of 5
Cheers everyone , it never ceases to amaze me what this can do , and just how helpfull you all are .