You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

"Rain" Amazing Short film!

Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 4:18pm

Post 1 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Hello everybody!
Ok so I met this guy here in Utah named Cammon Randle and he was telling me how he won 1st place in the LDS film festival, for his film "Rain"
So I checked out there site at
http://www.copperrain.com/
And found there movie "rain" and I am telling you this movie is SO well done! Great Cinematography,Lighting,Acting,Location,Story!
well enough chit chat. here is the movie.
Enjoy!
Rain
Please leave your comments! wink
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 4:57pm

Post 2 of 61

effstops

Force: 270 | Joined: 10th Mar 2003 | Posts: 56

Member

That was absolutely amazing. The last line is shocking. Wow, what a great story. What a great movie!

How old is the filmmaker? This is really inspirational. Thanks for sharing!

--Colin
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 5:11pm

Post 3 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

well cammon is in collage, and he is helping me improve my films, and stories. i am not sure how old he is. but his younger brother Murphy Randle is one of my good friends, and we are working on a short CG film.
please more people post about this amazing short, it deserves it. wink
spread the word smile
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 5:17pm

Post 4 of 61

effstops

Force: 270 | Joined: 10th Mar 2003 | Posts: 56

Member

Hmm. Do you know anything about David Skousen, the director?
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 5:25pm

Post 5 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Um no, not yet, but i told cammon i really want to meet him! so only will time will tell, but i really do want to meet him! such a great independent film director! he has great potential. I really hope i can learn alot from them.
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 6:47pm

Post 6 of 61

jessy

Force: 650 | Joined: 8th Jun 2003 | Posts: 384

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

that was really really good. wow, love that twist at the end.
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 6:57pm

Post 7 of 61

MovieGuy334

Force: 560 | Joined: 18th May 2003 | Posts: 172

EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User

Gold Member

Great Movie, Great Pacing, Great Twist
Posted: Sat, 1st Oct 2005, 7:54pm

Post 8 of 61

LilCaesars

Force: 480 | Joined: 27th Dec 2004 | Posts: 530

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

That was a really good movie. The camera work was great all of the shots were perfect. Awesome twist at the end and a really good story. Good pacing I never felt like I wanted it to be over or like it was dragging. Very well done. Nice find.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 12:24am

Post 9 of 61

shiftd

Force: 240 | Joined: 18th Oct 2004 | Posts: 137

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

but theres no pic of me here...
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 1:41am

Post 10 of 61

wdy

Force: 1700 | Joined: 30th Dec 2002 | Posts: 1258

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User

Gold Member

Nice find! It was very well done.. I like the whole storyline and the cinematography was simply beautiful. An unexpecting ending.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 2:04am

Post 11 of 61

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Wow. That was REALLY good. Not just the cinematography, but the story was really good too, for a short, and the end was just brilliant.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 3:25am

Post 12 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I am glad to hear all of you have enjoyed it. I hope more can watch and enjoy it.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:22am

Post 13 of 61

Jrad

Force: 230 | Joined: 30th Apr 2005 | Posts: 478

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

WOA eek
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:52am

Post 14 of 61

Harvey

Force: 2050 | Joined: 29th Apr 2005 | Posts: 513

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Wow, that was awesome. Great twist at the end. eek
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:55am

Post 15 of 61

JoelM

Force: 560 | Joined: 7th Jun 2004 | Posts: 349

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +3

mom it's me....I'v been drinking.....I almost ran the car off the road a few miles back......... and......I'm pregnet................but I do have good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

"GEICO, 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance."
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 3:13pm

Post 16 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

*mom* ....thats good honey...*end mom*
LOL dude that was so funny. +1
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 3:25pm

Post 17 of 61

Lithium Kraft

Force: 2728 | Joined: 10th Jun 2005 | Posts: 538

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don't know, it was ok. I liked the ending though, but besides that, wasn't very interesting. I would rate it around a 2.5/3 out of 5. It was filmed well though and the intro water effect was cool.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 3:49pm

Post 18 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

well its your oppinion and ill respect that. wink

Last edited Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 10:51pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 4:31pm

Post 19 of 61

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

ssjaaron wrote:

are you kidding me! you must be! because this is one of the first short online films that acually had a good story! and great acting and everything! you are so wrong, sorry to say. this did get 1st place, common! you must be used to just special fx and thats why you did not like it? i dont know. but i do know you are the first person to not like it very much.
and for saying that may god bless your soul. and we will all prey for you.
Everyone has different opinions. Unless you had fact to back it up that this movie was unanimously "perfect in all aspects and loed by all" (which no movie will ever be, no matter how good one person thinks a movie is) then you can't just dismiss other people's judgements as being false. Maybe his standards for a good story are higher than yours....that doesn't make him wrong. I could say that I would disregard your opinion because you spell stuff wrong all the time and didn't capitalize the word "God", but I'm not going to do that, because that's overly judgemental. And that's what you're doing. So come off it. Not everyone has to like the same things that you do.

EDIT: Just watched the movie, and I gotta say, I don't see what the hype is about. While it's obvious that the creators have vast technical skill, the cinematography was rather plain and usual, as opposed to indie movies like Prey Alone where it REALLY pushes the limit. The editing was good, no problems there, but, again, nothing that blew me away. The acting was very good but the whole story in general (was there really one?) was unimportant and too drawn out. The twist wasn't a life changing one in any tense, hence it was less effective. For instance, in the Prey Alone, when the cop finds out he's in a video game, his entire life changes, and he gains a certain futility. Whereas in here, there is no futility. Wow. A girl was drunk and she called the wrong person. Maybe if she had a bomb strapped to her and she had to call the right person, that would be interesting. But.....the twist? It didn't affect anybody. There was no plot. Sure, there was a story. Things obviously happened, but where's the plot, the central problem? There is none, really. Hence, 3/5.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 5:30pm

Post 20 of 61

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Its the message that makes the story good. Before the twist I really felt for the characters, because of what was happening to them.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 5:42pm

Post 21 of 61

TommyB

Force: 190 | Joined: 25th Nov 2004 | Posts: 666

Member

It was good but not amazing IMO.

There's something that made me dislike the so called 'twist' - I mean would the Mum really have listened that whole time despite the fact it wasn't her daughter??? reality check biggrin And it dragged on a bit too much for my liking.

Other than that, yes it was technically fantastic.

Last edited Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 9:14pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:09pm

Post 22 of 61

Klausky

Force: 1512 | Joined: 16th Jun 2005 | Posts: 392

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Cinematography was cool. However, whats so different between that storyline and the crappy videos we see in health class at school? This movie was hyped up too much, and just didn't live up to the expectations.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:58pm

Post 23 of 61

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

ssjaaron wrote:

are you kidding me! you must be! because this is one of the first short online films that acually had a good story! and great acting and everything! you are so wrong, sorry to say. this did get 1st place, common! you must be used to just special fx and thats why you did not like it? i dont know. but i do know you are the first person to not like it very much.
and for saying that may god bless your soul. and we will all prey for you.
... what the heck?

Last edited Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 8:00pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 7:59pm

Post 24 of 61

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Wow..Not bad...I thought it was pretty good...I don't want to spoil anything so I'm being shallow about it...I thought it was not too shabby! wink

Guys I'm not ranting or anything but please stop giving -1s to people who don't deserve it...I've purposely put pluse ones in place of some because this is an opionative topic and the starter of this topic did say to 'leave your comments'

Thanks for the treat ssjaaron
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 8:41pm

Post 25 of 61

wdy

Force: 1700 | Joined: 30th Dec 2002 | Posts: 1258

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User

Gold Member

Don't argue about this film everybody. Everybody is obligated to take the opperunity to leave their own thoughts and comments about the movie. Some people have higher standards... yet we must take into consideration what they have said. Everybody has their favourite kind of genre as well and not all films will make everyone interested. Lets face it everyones different... its like Lord of the Rings.. some people love it, because it their kind of movie and overall it was very well done. Other people dislike it just because of the fact it doesn't interest them... it doesn't mean that it wasn't well done though.

On another note everybody sees a movie differently. Some people who are really keen on filmmaking pick movies apart like crazy... Also some people look at more then just the visual and the story.. sometimes people consider the work that got involved behind the project... like the making. Some people love to watch extra off of a DVD film such as Lord of the Rings.. but to some people they just want to watch the movie and don't care at all about how it was made.. they just watched it for their general entertainment.

My opinion I see the movie "Rain" as very well done cause I look at the technical aspects like the cinematography.. acting skills... storyline... and my general entertainment interest. Everybody see's things differently. We should all be able to right our thoughts on a movie with out argument. Come on now we are all different. What maybe good to you might not be good to someone else but we all have the freedom of expression to share our thoughts. So don't put someone else down because they thought differently about it. Not everyone is like "you".
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 8:57pm

Post 26 of 61

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I liked the movie. It's very well done in every aspect, allthough personally I felt it was too long. But very nicely done though.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 9:47pm

Post 27 of 61

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I'm another that doesn't quite understand what you all are raving about.. It's fairly well made, yes, but not "ZOMG BEST MOVIE EVER".

I didn't think the mother was very good, and the lighting in that bedroom was about as boring as you can get with nighttime lighting. Just that stale blue that tells people "it's night". Boring. The edits when the mother first answers the phone were jarring too.

That phone box and the rain falling on it looked CG to me. I don't know why, maybe it WAS! The house also looked CG. Probably was.

Also, the "twist", the father says the ultimate shocking blow to the viewer line: "I wonder if she'll ever know... she dialed the wrong number." Two things about that. It was very poorly delivered. No one talks like that. The second thing is, there was no dialogue at all between the mother and father. How did the father know what the phone conversation was about? Is he a member of the audience too? Even if that phone was quite loud, he would have just been able to hear fragments of what was going on.

I'm sorry, but even though it's better than most of the movies in the cinema here, that doesn't make it ingenious, or great. This is, at best, an average amateur film.
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 10:15pm

Post 28 of 61

Lithium Kraft

Force: 2728 | Joined: 10th Jun 2005 | Posts: 538

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Apology accepted.

Last edited Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:15am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 10:48pm

Post 29 of 61

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Wasn't spectacular. It looked very nice but the dialogue was kinda all over the place. The "You have all those books on how you should talk to your kids but all you do is talk" line made me laugh because is doesnt make much sense. Shoulda said "You have all those books on how you should communicate with ect... "
Also, the "I wonder if she'll ever find out that she dialed the wrong number." line... well... I'm guessing she finds out in about 10min when she gets home and her mom is sound asleep and has no clue what her kid is talking about when she wakes her up. Anyways, shot very well but the story didnt get me all too much.

3/5?
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 10:56pm

Post 30 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I would like to appoligize to all of you for being a jerk and not respecting your guys oppinion. please forgive me and i wont talk anymore. but trully i am sorry, and i hope you guys can fogive my childish attitude.
-aaron confused
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 11:14pm

Post 31 of 61

wdy

Force: 1700 | Joined: 30th Dec 2002 | Posts: 1258

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User MacOS User

Gold Member

We still love you... biggrin
Posted: Sun, 2nd Oct 2005, 11:34pm

Post 32 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Rating: +1/-1

shiftd wrote:

not to be mean ssjaaron, but when i look at your avatar i think "gay"...HAHAHA it cracks me up so bad for some reason..
Your just jealous cuz he's got an xl1 in his hands and you got nothin' you can't even afford to put a picture of you on here. And I'd like to state that the rating system has been very abused on shiftd's post. Do not rate people when they say absolutely retarded things. Some people on this site. Shiftd did you even get a warning for your conduct. And see I've already been rated down. Because someone disagreed with me.

Secondly I'd like to add my opinion on this film, if thats ok. I thought this film was excecuted very well in every aspect. I think it was the perfect length. Though I can understand and sympathsis for other peoples opinions. I think this film definatly deserved 1st place. And I also in comparison to any of the films on this site, this one is definantly better in terms of overall elements of film making. Though you may not enjoy watching it as much as "art of the saber" which means you have a bias opinion for action shorts, you enjoy watching them more then drama's but that dosn't mean art of the saber is any better than this movie.

thirdly I would like to consoul with ssjaarons comments. While I would say " I can't believe you don't like that" also. Because when I say that I mean: There are other movies on this site that are far worse than this movie. And some of you who say that you would rate this movie a 3 and have rated other movies on this site 5's that are not nearly as well done as this one. So I can't see how you can see this movie as not very good when it blows every movie on fxhome out of the water, thats all. I think sometimes we rate a movie on bias opinions. OOO I'm gonna rate this movie a 5 cuz its about war, instead of I'm gonna rate this movie a 5 cuz it was very well done. Thats the fault in the rating system I think.

ANd one more thing. SHIFTD consider your self SHAFT'D. Every time I read what you say i think "RETARD" OK guys rate me up I said something just as mean a shiftd. If you don't then we will know you favor each other and that this rating system is corrupt. Because I know for a fact that I will be rated down for what I am saying now. But not shiftd cuz everybody likes him cuz he never disagree's with anyone.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:36am

Post 33 of 61

miker

Force: 386 | Joined: 30th Jul 2005 | Posts: 651

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

That movie was amazing. I thought the acting was excellent. The camera shots were perfect IMO. The twist made the movie, that was deep.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:40am

Post 34 of 61

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

er-no and myself have more equipment available to us than you could dream of, yet you don't see it appearing alongside us in our signiatures. I think this is what Shiftd was picking at and you needn't react to it so violently. SSJaeron does quite often have a signiature pic showcasing something he's bought. Even I find that a little comical, and I'm sure aeron sees the funny side.

Either way, I've removed the post and the ratings on it for the sake of not causing offence.

My opinion of the movie "Rain" is similiar to many here, that I believe it to be well made yet a tad uninteresting or flawed. It's still an excellent piece of amateur movie making.

When you stumble across a piece of film which you yourself find in some way inspirational or excellent it's only natural to want to defend it. For example, I am a big fan of the movie "Equilibrium" which is pretty much universally slated and learnt pretty quickly that there's no point in argueing your point of view when people naturally form different opinions. Instead of disagreeing with people that disagree with you, concentrate more on your appreciation of something or the inspiration it gives you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that's just the way it is (HUH!). smile

In response to SSJ's attack on the ratings system, yes sometimes it is abused. Though it's normally kept in check by the moderators. If someone says something funny then it's normally rated up regardless of who percieves it aggressively and gets offended. As for people who are liked getting rated nicely, what can I say? Maybe you should make an effort to be nice to people and maybe people will like you back. Posting things like "you can't even afford to have a picture of yourself here!" isn't the way to do that, as you won't find pictures of everyone in their sig. And acting like it's the world vs you won't help either. We're all the same community here at FXhome.

-Hybrid.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:45am

Post 35 of 61

shiftd

Force: 240 | Joined: 18th Oct 2004 | Posts: 137

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

Sorry, I was drunk. Totally idiotic of me, and yes, I am jealous of his equipment.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:46am

Post 36 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

And i thank you more moderating, that particualar post. I see the funny side but you don't need to say rude things. Espically if thats all you have to say. It was uncalled for but the thing that bugged me the most is cuz people rated him up. HAHA He was drunk, thats funneh and HYBRID if you didn't notice they didn't say anything mean to me. I was defending aaron because I truly thought that what shiftd said was uncalled for.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 1:05am

Post 37 of 61

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

ssj john wrote:

HYBRID if you didn't notice they didn't say anything mean to me. I was defending aaron because I truly thought that what shiftd said was uncalled for.
I'm not saying I disagree with you, I am saying that it's not your job to get offended at things directed at ssjaaron. He's a big boy now and can more than look after himself. Returning fire if you will, won't solve anything. Especially when I'm just a pm or a message away.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 1:32am

Post 38 of 61

BlueSmudge

Force: 808 | Joined: 30th Dec 2004 | Posts: 401

CompositeLab Pro User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

That was a really good movie. 4.5/5 for me. In about 2 shots I didn't beleive the girls acting, but everything else was way better than I can probably do, and pretty much flawless. Its the first short I've seen in a while that really pulled me into the story.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 1:41am

Post 39 of 61

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Ha Ha. I'd rate you up +1 hybrid, if I were a gold user.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:13am

Post 40 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I am saying that it's not your job to get offended at things directed at ssjaaron. He's a big boy now and can more than look after himself. Returning fire if you will, won't solve anything. Especially when I'm just a pm or a message away.
Now when did it become your place to tell me whether i can defend aaron or not. And it did solve something did you not see shiftd say sorry. And why did shiftd get rated down for apologizing. Thats just dumb
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:20am

Post 41 of 61

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

Now when did it become your place to tell me whether i can defend aaron or not. And it did solve something did you not see shiftd say sorry. And why did shiftd get rated down for apologizing. Its to easy to abuse the system.
You're really not doing yourself any favours by causing a fuss about something the person it was directed at laughed at. I wouldn't say kicking up dust has solved anything so far other than make you appear to be over-sensitive.

And... it's easy to remove unfair votes. Very, very easy.

Last edited Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:25am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:25am

Post 42 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:


You're really not doing yourself any favours by causing a fuss about something the person it was directed at laughed at. Don't whine about nobody liking you when you're incapable of heeding advice.
You know hybrid, first off I thank you for the advice, but I don't need or want it. I disagree with you on alot of the advice you give me. But you seem to think its the best advice anyone could give. Sorry I don't conform to your standards. And i dont act the way you think I should act. If I started insulting tarn or schwar wouldn't you feel obligated to defend them.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:28am

Post 43 of 61

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

If I started insulting tarn or schwar wouldn't you feel obligated to defend them.
Not if they were around themselves to defend themself or they posted laughing at the comments made towards them. I personally think laughter is the best reaction to comments made towards you which could be taken offensively and aaron acted accordingly laughing it off letting users negative ratings do the heavy work.

This isn't about standards, this is about common sense.

You really haven't clicked onto the fact that sometimes it's best to just let things brush past. Take my advice, stop posting and read what you're writing in the morning.

-Hybrid.

Last edited Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:29am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:29am

Post 44 of 61

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

This movie was indeed very interesting. It caught my attention straight away with a lovely smooth pan down towards the phonebooth. Yet towards the middle my attention was rather distracted by the plot not really going anywhere... more needless dialogue for a point that had been made a while before.

Overall though, it was very very well placed together and filmed/edited with lovely use of colour and rain. I wouldn't treat this as amatuer film or anything of the sort though, check out the credits and its very clear this short film had a budget and a large arsenal of people and equipment available.. for this reason, I'm not treating it the same as things without the money or people - because I 'expect' it to be good - this film had three people credited and dedicated to the ADR and foley work - I wish I could get one person to dedicate themself to help out on any of my production/post-production sound!!

Well, good stuff anyways. smile

Last edited Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:31am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 2:29am

Post 45 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Rating: -1

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

ssj john wrote:

If I started insulting tarn or schwar wouldn't you feel obligated to defend them.
Not if they were around themselves to defend themself or they posted laughing at the comments made towards them. I personally think laughter is the best reaction to comments made towards you which could be taken offensively and aaron acted accordingly laughing it off letting users negative ratings do the heavy work.

You really haven't clicked onto the fact that sometimes it's best to just let things brush past. Take my advice, stop posting and read what you're writing in the morning.

-Hybrid.
HAHA ok wahtever almighty hybrid halo. And i agree with er-no almost to everypoint. YEah keep rating me down. KEEP abusing the system.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 3:20am

Post 46 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

k guys lets end this none sense! we are all sorry and we are all friends. now lets put the past behind and all say where sorry and get over it. and back on topic
please john. neutral


(mod message - because if this 'non sense' doesn't end, this topic will be locked... or worse. deleted).
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 3:37am

Post 47 of 61

shiftd

Force: 240 | Joined: 18th Oct 2004 | Posts: 137

EffectsLab Lite User

Gold Member

please <3
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 3:44am

Post 48 of 61

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

Posting things like "you can't even afford to have a picture of yourself here!" isn't the way to do that, as you won't find pictures of everyone in their sig.
-Hybrid.
But I'm so damn lucky I'm in Hybrid's signature pointing a gun at my own head.
Can't get much better than that. wink razz
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 3:54am

Post 49 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

really? sweet
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 3:57am

Post 50 of 61

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Alright everybody. In the words of Hybrid, let's....

.....brush past everything.


PEACE OUT!!!!!
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 4:26am

Post 51 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

lol wtf...? Thats some serious skill with paint there.
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 4:46am

Post 52 of 61

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

You have no idea.....

"When the going got tough, he got going..."
Posted: Mon, 3rd Oct 2005, 12:57pm

Post 53 of 61

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Wow Ben thats some talent...I looked horrible though...lol

er-no I never knew that was you on hybrids sgnature! cool!

Edit:

ssj john wrote:

Do not rate people when they say absolutely retarded things.
I hope thats not directed toward me...biggrin
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 2:13am

Post 54 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

didn't we brush past this? And no its not directed at you just the people who rated you up. Anyways MMMM good cookie. I'd let you guys try one but uhhhh yeah.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 2:31am

Post 55 of 61

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

ssj john thats a small inside joke...Sorry to make you angry...
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 2:33am

Post 56 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

IM NOT ANGRY!! evil
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 4:33am

Post 57 of 61

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hey! Hey! Guys! Ahem....

ben3308 wrote:

You have no idea.....

"When the going got tough, he got going..."
......and now we're all cool.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 4:41am

Post 58 of 61

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Yes I am a boat!!!
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 6:34am

Post 59 of 61

chipmandoo

Force: 60 | Joined: 15th Oct 2001 | Posts: 129

Member

I think pretty much everything has been said here.

I felt it was just a tad too long.

Also anyone else see the cameraman and camera hitting the glass on the phone booth near the start? It even made a thud sound.
Posted: Fri, 7th Oct 2005, 8:25pm

Post 60 of 61

Justin10139

Force: 10 | Joined: 3rd Nov 2004 | Posts: 82

Windows User MacOS User

Member

OMG WOW that was a awesome short film, The ending totally made me speechless, all those things she told her and ya I dont want to give anyway the ending to the ppl who have not watched it yet. It was a very well done short film.
Posted: Sat, 8th Oct 2005, 6:27am

Post 61 of 61

ssjaaron

Force: 1545 | Joined: 11th Jan 2003 | Posts: 1115

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

glad to here you enjoyed it, and glad to here that poeple are still posting about it. smile