You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Halo movie's executive producer announced... Guess who!

Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 8:55pm

Post 1 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Geuss who is the executive producer of the HALO movie? OK OK I'll tell you. PETER JACKSON. Yeah you read it right Peter jackson. This movie will definatnly rock now. And WETA of course is making all the stuff. This movie is going to look amazing. I can't wait... WWW.BUNGIE.NET
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:01pm

Post 2 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +3

Not as good as Half Life 2.

(Real opinion to follow, I had to carry on the mentioning Half Life 2 whenever Halo is first of course.)

Last edited Thu, 6th Oct 2005, 2:15am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:04pm

Post 3 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

HAHAHA Should have known. O yeah and Dead or alive 4 for the 360. Has a halo character in it. Somehow they explain how it fits into boths universes. Kinda in ineteresting.

P.S. YOur moms not as good as half life 2
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:09pm

Post 4 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

wink sounds like an odd one that Dead or Alive/Halo mix. I wonder if they'll release a version of DoA Beach Volleyball which includes a scantily clad master chief.

As for Jackson [edit]being involved the Halo movie[/edit], I don't think it's necessarily a good thing. Big figures are not what the computer games to movie optimists are really hoping for. What gamers want, is for a gamer to direct the movie of a game and for the love of god, for it to be a faithful interpretation of the game they grew to love into a movie.

If Jackson is infact an avid gamer with a good knowledge of Halo, then and only then maybe it will be good. If not, then I'm afraid things won't improve. For a game to be made into a good movie it really needs someone with a resolute understanding of the game at hand in the first place as well as knowledge of why most games storylines won't work as a film straight off.

For example, the first really great comic book movie ever in my opinion is Sin City. And it's because of Rodriguez's love and absolute respect and understanding for what he was making into a movie.

Can Jackson really do that? I'm not even sure he'll have that much of an input to be honest as he's Executive Producer as a pose to director. Maybe They're just putting his name there to sell it.
I'm also reluctant to believe Jackson's not the "I can make money out of this...oh yeah I've been a fan for ages..." kind of fan. wink

It's still interesting stuff though.

ssj john wrote:

P.S. YOur moms not as good as half life 2
I am rubber you are glue...

Last edited Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:25pm; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:11pm

Post 5 of 37

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Anybody seen the full trailer for Doom? The movie might not be that good, but the FPS photography style they have going on is cool. Little 'gamey' things in it such as not jostling up and down while reloading a gun make it cool, IMO. Really makes it a look like an ambitious video game movie. It'll be interesting to see how often they use first person angles as opposed to the customary third person ones.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:21pm

Post 6 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

wink sounds like an odd one that Dead or Alive/Halo mix. I wonder if they'll release a version of DoA Beach Volleyball which includes a scantily clad master chief.
HAHA yeah its kinda weird but if you think about it, the flood from halo might fit.

As for Jackson directing the Halo movie, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing. Reasonably respected directors are not what the computer games to movie optimists are really hoping for. What gamers want, is for a gamer to direct the movie of a game and for the love of god, for it to be a faithful interpretation of the game they grew to love into a movie.
Hybrid halo you misunderstood this, Petey is not directing the film he's just producing is. Well executivly producing it. I can't remember who is directing it but from what I read, its basically the same team that mad king kong. And if you go to bungie.net and read, you will find that bungie is helping 100% of the way to make sure the movie stays true to the game.

If Jackson is infact an avid gamer with a good knowledge of Halo, then and only then maybe it will be good.
Hybrid did you even read the link I gave you. Thats why he signed on. But agian he is not directing the film.

For example, the first really great comic book movie ever in my opinion is Sin City. And it's because of Rodriguez's love and absolute respect and understanding for what he was making into a movie.
But see the director of spiderman had a great understanding of the comic books also.

Can Jackson really do that? I guess we'll see.
Yeah well since jackson is not directing this film, we wont. He's just doin' all the special effects and stuff

ssj john wrote:

P.S. YOur moms not as good as half life 2
I am rubber you are glue...
Dang it...

Last edited Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:23pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:23pm

Post 7 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I clicked the link and realised my mistake shortly after I posted that and edited it accordingly.

I'm still not massively convinced really, but if it has a good chance of being the first faithful game to movie creation which can move games closer to being a recognised form of serious entertainment and make idiot teams and directors stop butchering good game storylines for the sake of a movie (I'm looking at you Resident Evil) it can only be a good thing.

And I truely look forwards to that day.

-Hybrid.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:33pm

Post 8 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:


Can Jackson really do that? I'm not even sure he'll have that much of an input to be honest as he's Executive Producer as a pose to director. Maybe They're just putting his name there to sell it.
Well maybe they are,but I doubt it. I think jackson will be a big help in making this movie look spectacular. Visual Fx wise. And yes Hybrid I reply to your post almost imediately so i got you before you could edit hehehe
o reluctant to believe Jackson's not the "I can make money out of this...oh yeah I've been a fan for ages..." kind of fan. wink
What makes you think that he can't make money off of this. I know loads of people who would see this movie just because it has the name HALO. I think you may be underestimating this movie a little. I think that halo gamers aren't your traditional gamers since more of the gamers only play halo for the multi player insteadof the campaign, thus I think only the hard-core halo gamers will be nit-picky about the movie. Most the others will just go see it to see master cheif blow the crap out of some grunts.

Dag gumit its raining outside *sigh*
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:36pm

Post 9 of 37

TommyB

Force: 190 | Joined: 25th Nov 2004 | Posts: 666

Member

Is that a good thing?

LOTR wasn't that great.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:40pm

Post 10 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

thats your opinion. And Agian I mean I don't really think most of the kids who play halo would even care who is directing it because most of them are devoted to multi-player rather than then campaign. And would go just to see the action. For me I want to see if they can pull it off. I can imagine how this could be a great movie, but can they do it? I geuss we'll just have to see. Who knows maybe like hybrid said maybe this movie will break the crappy game to movie stereotype, lets hope so... Dag'umit its still raining.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:40pm

Post 11 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

What makes you think that he can't make money off of this. I know loads of people who would see this movie just because it has the name HALO.
That's my precise worry, with boatloads of people going to see it purely because it's "Halo" is there really any pressure on the production team to create a quality movie?

As I said, we shall see...
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:43pm

Post 12 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

ssj john wrote:

What makes you think that he can't make money off of this. I know loads of people who would see this movie just because it has the name HALO.
That's my precise worry, with boatloads of people going to see it purely because it's "Halo" is there really any pressure on the production team to create a quality movie?

As I said, we shall see...
I see your point I really do. But I think there is a certain pressure. Becuase even though people will go just to see things get blown up. And they go and the movie sucks, then WETA will lose some credibilty. I mean the only reason why they are respected is because of LOTR they could come just as easily down the latter with this halo movie.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 9:52pm

Post 13 of 37

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I'm NOT a big halo fan, but I am a HUGE PJ fan... so... I'm... confused... He should have done Half Life, or Super Smash Brothers... THE MOVIE! razz
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:05pm

Post 14 of 37

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Well, executive producer. Whatever.

He is probably being paid so his name is attached to the project- and hence more people getting excited about it - which seems to be working.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:09pm

Post 15 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Well did you read the thing on bungie.net If you did you would know that he really is working on it or at least it would seem, since its the same people who did king kong and peter does like the game.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:19pm

Post 16 of 37

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

ssj john wrote:

thats your opinion. And Agian I mean I don't really think most of the kids who play halo would even care who is directing it because most of them are devoted to multi-player rather than then campaign. And would go just to see the action. For me I want to see if they can pull it off. I can imagine how this could be a great movie, but can they do it? I geuss we'll just have to see. Who knows maybe like hybrid said maybe this movie will break the crappy game to movie stereotype, lets hope so... Dag'umit its still raining.
Exactly, and I think that proves the point I was about to make that the story of Halo is (in my opinion) kinda weak, and lacking in any good movie qualities (characters, plot, etc.) with possibly the acception of production value. And, those who play Halo (I'm a PS2-er, so I don't) don't really care about campaign. Frankly, I'm not really a Peter Jackson fan. Sure, I loved LOTR, and love the books, but think that a big part of filmmaking is learning to adapt, condense, and save. Sure, Jackson condensed LOTR a bit, but not enough for even the avid moviegoer. (In a respect only the fans would enjoy, but even the fans passed the regular edition and went on to extended.) I mean, there's got to be a balance, y'know? And I guess that's what I don't like about Jackson. As well as the fact that he seemed to be a self-involved (pardon my french) morbidly-obese nerd, only concerned with the opinion of those like him. Even at the Oscar's he looked incredibly unshaven and unkept. To me, that reflects your character and vision.

However.......

I think he has greatly redeemed himself these past months, doing the "Kong is King" webisodes, losing weight, cleaning up, and showing his interest of opinion from the general audience. Perhaps this was there the entire time, but I'm glad he showing he's not one of those fat, bearded jerks in Hollywood. And, that he isn't hanging onto quite possibly one of the most successful film franchises. Rather, he's moving on, while paying respect to LOTR, he's moving on to greater (and not so greater) things. Good for him, and good for us.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:21pm

Post 17 of 37

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

Well did you read the thing on bungie.net If you did you would know that he really is working on it or at least it would seem, since its the same people who did king kong and peter does like the game.
I've read quite a lot on the matter actually. Ranging from him being the Director and people swearing blind to it... and now to Microsoft officially announcing he will be the executive producer with the Director as yet, un-named.

Utter shame really, I can't see how the Halo movie will be any good (imo). Whereas another game Peter Jackson (as I've read) is fond of 'Beyond Good and Evil' - now that would make a fantastic film.

BG&E The Film. Whose with me? biggrin
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:32pm

Post 18 of 37

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Rating: +1

er-no wrote:

BG&E The Film. Whose with me? biggrin
I'm already there. smile

TommyB wrote:

Is that a good thing?

LOTR wasn't that great.
Congratulations on being controversial, how daring of you. Care to back it up with more than a rather throwaway soundbite?

atom wrote:

As well as the fact that he seemed to be a self-involved (pardon my french) morbidly-obese nerd, only concerned with the opinion of those like him
What an odd opinion to have of Peter Jackson. He seems to be one of the few genuinely pleasant people working in movies at his level. I can't really imagine a film director I'd rather work with. You must have been reading some seriously skewed news to get that opinion of him.

Perhaps this was there the entire time, but I'm glad he showing he's not one of those fat, bearded jerks in Hollywood
I perceive Peter Jackson to be about as far from Hollywood as is possible for someone in his kind of career.

Basically, you didn't like him because he was fat and had messy hair, right? smile
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:32pm

Post 19 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

er-no wrote:



I've read quite a lot on the matter actually. Ranging from him being the Director and people swearing blind to it... and now to Microsoft officially announcing he will be the executive producer with the Director as yet, un-named.
I thought they had a director?
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:36pm

Post 20 of 37

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

He's gained my trust on what he's made of Kind Kong and Lord of the Rings...I've juts never seen any of his 'shooting' movies...I'll bet he'll pull it off...Pull it off GOOD that is...lol what a suprise!

I can't wait...
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:46pm

Post 21 of 37

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

er-no wrote:



I've read quite a lot on the matter actually. Ranging from him being the Director and people swearing blind to it... and now to Microsoft officially announcing he will be the executive producer with the Director as yet, un-named.
I thought they had a director?
If you know something I don't please reveal to me the directors name.
Not that I actually care, but I couldn't find it just now when having a quick search.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:58pm

Post 22 of 37

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

swg33k wrote:

He's gained my trust on what he's made of Kind Kong and Lord of the Rings...I've juts never seen any of his 'shooting' movies...I'll bet he'll pull it off...Pull it off GOOD that is...lol what a suprise!

I can't wait...
Bow and arrow is shooting too, you know. And Tarn, yes, you hit me, I hate fat people. No seriously, I just didn't like him, and he came off jerky to me. I believe I put somewhere in my post that maybe I just didn't see past the surface or something, but still, I think was a bit self-involved, and didn't care about the general audience in LOTR. I like him now, though, and I liked his films, so I don't see what's so bad about it.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 10:59pm

Post 23 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Well Mary Parent and Scott Stuber. are the producers so, I geuss there is not a director.
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 11:01pm

Post 24 of 37

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I meant 'guns' type movies...Legolas is only a peice of LOTR it's not like...James Bond or Mission Impossible where guns are a BIG part of the movie serving as an ally or your fate...I've never seen him do an 'army' movie...Like Saving Private Ryan...Hard to explain what I mean..Sorry for the unclearness...
Posted: Tue, 4th Oct 2005, 11:07pm

Post 25 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

I know what you mean and so does atom he's just being a smarty pants. But I think jacksons role in the film will be more for the Special fx rather than the visual. But the guns will look awesome, I think since weta is making everything for it.

You know maybe its just me, but it seems like there is some people who hate halo so much, that they will say anything to make it sound like it can't possibly be a good movie. And maybe it can't but I've played the story, I love the story, but I can see the faults that would come out of making it exactly like the game. THATS WHY I THINK THE should base the movie off the book. THE BOOK IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER. I think they should make a movie for each book. It would be really cool to see reach as a movie.

P.S. Thanks HYbrid or whoever for renaming the thread appropriately
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 1:12am

Post 26 of 37

irishcult

Force: 1965 | Joined: 6th Jul 2005 | Posts: 440

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I just want to say HALO is a great game. Plus i cant wait until the movie comes out.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 1:17am

Post 27 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

ssj john wrote:

You know maybe its just me, but it seems like there is some people who hate halo so much, that they will say anything to make it sound like it can't possibly be a good movie.
Though looking at this scenario objectively, all computer games to movies regardless of the games developers input or any other factor have proven to be really, really bad. I'm talking grade A crap.

So wouldn't you think that perhaps it's the other way round, and that Halo fans are trying to look for any excuse to hail Halo as a great movie simply because they enjoyed the games storyline whereas everyone else is apprehensive about ANY game to movie plans they hear of.

Just a thought.

-Hybrid.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 1:19am

Post 28 of 37

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

There are many more games with more indepth and interesting plots that would be suitable for transition to movie than Halo. It's a waste.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 1:23am

Post 29 of 37

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

evman101 wrote:

There are many more games with more indepth and interesting plots that would be suitable for transition to movie than Halo. It's a waste.
True to a degree, though the Halo universe has alot more space for interesting stories to be written and put into film than say... The Doom universe. So I wouldn't let that affect how you see it's chances.

Any intelligent gamer will fully acknowledge that very few games which are deemed to be of a high gaming standard have storylines which would alone be enough to make a movie. What a director/writer needs to do is to find a way of honouring a games origional storyline whilst embelishing it with a whole new story arch. Something which will both please the fans as well as a new audience meanwhile providing something neither groups know already.

I have been told that Final Fantasy : Advent Children almost accomplishes this.

There's certainly space for that kind of thing with Halo, but there was space within the Resident Evil world and they totally crapped all over everything.

-Hybrid.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 1:41am

Post 30 of 37

ssj john

Force: 563 | Joined: 4th Nov 2003 | Posts: 795

Windows User MacOS User

Member

I see your point Hybrid. But let me through something else out there, well I've already said this. But I think the best way to honor halo. Would be to make it off the book. Because the book has all the key elements of the game. But its got sooo much more. It goes more in depths on other characters instead of just the master cheif. It really is a good read, even if you don't like halo. I really think if they did a trilogy with the 3 books instead of the games, that halo could be serious serious contender in the trilogy genre. I thought that the books were much, much, more suspenseful then the game, which is sad because the game is interactive. I think that halo will be a great Movie. I just am worried that it wont live up to MY expectations. And I am worried that the director wont go into depth of why the spartans were created and WHY master chief is so good, and the fact that the spartans are really depised throughout the rest of the army, which is never really told in the game. And the fact that the spartans were mainly to boost morale but instead proved really sucessful. And I want them to also integrate the covenant point of view. Why they hate the humans. And the fact that the covenent are far more superior in technology than the humans which in the game, that really isn't the case. I mean there is soooo much more in the book. It might not work out. But if it does you have to admit it will be awesome.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 12:39pm

Post 31 of 37

Klut

Force: 2120 | Joined: 16th Apr 2004 | Posts: 1585

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

evman101 wrote:

There are many more games with more indepth and interesting plots that would be suitable for transition to movie than Halo. It's a waste.
Agree, but yet, why make a movie at all?
Halo or Halo 2 was never my favorite games, but they are ok for playing multiplayer. But why make a movie based on it?
That's just lame!
If all great games (or bad games) got a movie based on it, there whould be alot of bad movies out there.
Picture this:
Burnout the Movie,
Star Fox the movie,
Battlefield the movie
World Of Warcraft the movie

I enjoy playing a game more then I enjoy watching one...

(no I have not missunderstood anything, it's just that I don't like the idea of a movie about Halo, or any game at all)

But with Peter Jackson involved, it might be ok... might.
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 3:14pm

Post 32 of 37

Vega70

Force: 280 | Joined: 9th Apr 2001 | Posts: 295

Gold Member

Here is the BBC article on the news, they state that the cast and director will be named in the coming weeks...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4311756.stm
Posted: Wed, 5th Oct 2005, 6:34pm

Post 33 of 37

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

World of War Craft could actually be crazy.
Posted: Thu, 6th Oct 2005, 6:55pm

Post 34 of 37

Anonymous Tipster

Force: 260 | Joined: 12th Apr 2005 | Posts: 78

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Well, this sounds quite interesting, and I see where HH is coming from, but I think that having PJ on board will help, because he's not going to want to spoil his name by having it attatched to a flop.
I have never read the Halo books, but I definitely think it would be better to work off one of them as opposed to the game storyline because whereas films and books have to be engaging the whole way through, the plot and cutscenes in games are mainly just to move the character to a different level, and maybe give some sort of a purpose to why it's all happening. I'd love to see the movie start before Halo1, and see the Covenant-Earth battle initiate and how the Master Cheif comes into being.
Bungie have written their own storyline for the movie, and I think that it would be a good idea to have the writer of the books to give an input on the script and help out - that would give the movie a better chance.
Posted: Thu, 6th Oct 2005, 6:59pm

Post 35 of 37

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

CX3 wrote:

World of War Craft could actually be crazy.
It could indeed.
But it should be animated, by Blizzard. smile
Posted: Mon, 7th Nov 2005, 4:06pm

Post 36 of 37

Vega70

Force: 280 | Joined: 9th Apr 2001 | Posts: 295

Gold Member

Script review ?

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreviews/halo/review.html
Posted: Mon, 7th Nov 2005, 11:48pm

Post 37 of 37

Gnome326

Force: 10 | Joined: 21st Mar 2005 | Posts: 436

Windows User

Member

Can Jackson really do that? I'm not even sure he'll have that much of an input to be honest as he's Executive Producer as a pose to director. Maybe They're just putting his name there to sell it.
It means he's helping fund a big portion of it, w/e that may be.