Post 1 of 13
AlamDV2.0.8 is now ready for download for the PC - the Mac version will be up on Monday. 2.0.8 will be the last release before 2.1 - the version that goes on the CD. You'll see no new features in 2.1, it will just be a bug fixed version of 2.0.8. For this reason we need you to check any problems you've had before an keep us up-to-date with any bug you find.
Although the development of AlamDV2 isn't over (we will probably add one or two more features) please don't post any feature requests until 2.1 has been released. Thanks for all your help - here is the list of changed in 2.0.8.
PLEASE NOTE ALAMDV2.0.8 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER PROJECT FILES BECAUSE OF NEW OPTIONS
1. Blur level. Allows the user to change the amount of blur applied.
2. Render Only Blur. This is a special option for lightsword makers. It allows you to blur you effects and not your footage. NOTE: This only works on luminocity effects and can have unpredictable effects on none luminocity based effects.
4. AVI codec problems fixed - should export to all the codecs now rather that just one.
1. Stop AlamDV getting stuck on the render page if you try to overwrite a webpage you just exported.
I'm trying to create a carbon plugin installer which will help. The new version won't use shared System memory to help against some other problems.
1. Allows the use of other skin files.
2. An Animaster noticed, the interface modify menus should be converted as well so they have been.
1. Onion Skinning.
2. Make the "About this effect" window work when clicking on the effect preview.
3. Make the link to help file work in the about effect dialog.
4. You can set the start/end frames of your effects and control the span better.
5. German, French and Norwegian interfaces.
6. Stop the overflow on the timeline where it starts effecting other graphics. This happens when the user has loads (over 118) of objects on the timeline at once. This error does suggest that AlamDV2 isn't being used correctly as there should never be this many objects on the timeline.
1. AlamDV will no longer look for plugin images when you have moved/deleted the plugin.
1. AlamDV2 needs to warn you when you are not in 32bit colour.
2. More Quick keys suggested by Av11d.
3. Random, saving files, script errors fixed.
4. Problems opening projects linked to AVI files fixed.
5. Update all links to the web site.
That is about everything. Have fun.
Schwar & Malone.