You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Ryan VS Dorkman ][

Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 9:51pm

Post 1 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Sorry if somebody else posted this already, but...
Mwhahaha! Ryan VS. Dorkman 2 is in the works: Link
I can't wait! If you haven't seen #1 go here: Link
This is going to be great!
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:14pm

Post 2 of 72

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

"Hm.. everyone on the internet forgot who I was... I better make a sequel to the only thing anyone will ever remember me for."
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:20pm

Post 3 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Sheesh. Well, he's made the best lightsaber duels that i've ever seen...
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:22pm

Post 4 of 72

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

No, I agree, but still.
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:33pm

Post 5 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Although I'm guessing you were being mostly sarcastic, that's not true - a coupla months ago my dad found out about it on some blog and acted like it was the best new thing...
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:35pm

Post 6 of 72

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

But your dad didn't know about him before and remember. Nevermind.
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:38pm

Post 7 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Okey-Dokey...
Posted: Tue, 18th Jul 2006, 11:58pm

Post 8 of 72

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +3

I hate lightsabers.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:03am

Post 9 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Rating: +1/-3

Are you serious? If so, why? Maybe you don't like science fiction...
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:16am

Post 10 of 72

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

destron wrote:

Are you serious? If so, why? Maybe you don't like science fiction...
I don't know. Maybe I broke my wrist trying to perform a jedi like move whilst on holiday in Canada. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:35am

Post 11 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Ryan W. Self-promotion at it's best.

That guy cracks me up. The whole idea behind the first one:

Meet some guy on a forum, talk about "Star Wars", get together cross-country (which is muy creepy if you ask me), spend an excessive ammount of time on something semi-amateurish, and promote it heavily.

My opinion, someone didn't like the fact 'Art of the Saber' was ruling the lightsaber-fight movie kingdom. IMO, he didn't beat it. Not in even the smallest degree.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:46am

Post 12 of 72

petet2

Force: 2899 | Joined: 27th Dec 2005 | Posts: 1043

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

I'm guessing there is a whole back story to this that I don't know about but I thought it was well choreographed.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:56am

Post 13 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Atom wrote:

My opinion, someone didn't like the fact 'Art of the Saber' was ruling the lightsaber-fight movie kingdom. IMO, he didn't beat it. Not in even the smallest degree.
What?! Art of the Saber, IMO, Sucked. It had a cheesy civil war thingy at the beginning and they kept repeating footage during the whole thing. The soundtrack was not-so-good either.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:57am

Post 14 of 72

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

they kept repeating footage during the whole thing
where was this exactly..?
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 1:01am

Post 15 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

OK, nevermind, sort of. Now that I watch it again, it isn't as bad as I thought it was. And the part about repeating footage was a mistake... I think there was something wrong with the video when my dad showed it to me. Oh well, I still like R. V. D. better, and that's that.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 1:08am

Post 16 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

You wanna call AOTS cheesy, but look at Ryan v. Dorkman:

It's two nerds fighting eachother. Both wearing pretty nerdy clothing. And there are several off camera angles, IMO. (Worm's eye shot of Ryan's face, why?). Pretty much a cheese-fest there.

In my opinion, doing a lightsaber fight is just stupid and unorginal unless you can do it with your own flair. Art of the Saber and Duality proved that. Ryan W. just proved that he's good at rotoscoping.

I don't like Ryan W. that much because I saw his movie "Rough Day" that he made a big hooplah about writing and directing, and it was a complete, almost page-for-page ripoff of the Betsy Byars book The 18th Emergency. Read the book and Ryan's script, and you'll see what I mean. This wouldn't bother me that much, except on his site he made a huge deal about how it wa "his" and "he" made it.

But I dunno, though. Some of his slo-mo tests for Project White Rabbit were cool.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 1:41am

Post 17 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

I didn't say AOTS was cheesy. I said I didn't like it very much. Am I entitled to an opinion? And I know R V D is cheesy, that's part of the reason I like it.
By the way, Ryan W didn't just show people he was good at rotoscoping, he also landed himself a job at LucasArts.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 1:48am

Post 18 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

    MikeC landed 3 million for a 'supposed' movie.

    What's your point? Arrogance cannot be masked.


Atom wrote this under the wrong screen name

Last edited Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 3:04am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 1:51am

Post 19 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

My point is: That I liked R.V.D better than AOTS, OK? Is there anything wrong with that?
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:10am

Post 20 of 72

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

yes
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:10am

Post 21 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Simmadownah, spaz.

Seriously, simmadownah.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:15am

Post 22 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

CX3 wrote:

yes
So what is wrong with that? What is with you people? I can have my own opinion, right? right?
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:20am

Post 23 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

*atoms waives full hand over face and past forehead, making a whistling noise*

"Whew!"
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:23am

Post 24 of 72

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

It's true...sarcasm is getting harder and harder for people to understand on the net lately..
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 2:27am

Post 25 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

Ok, maybe atom and CX3 were being sarcastic, but i know Ben3308 wasn't, and that's what's ticking me off.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 3:03am

Post 26 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Excuse me for saying this, but what in the hell are you talking about?

I'm the only one who has tried to clue you in on the jokes that are being played!
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 3:09am

Post 27 of 72

destron

Force: 100 | Joined: 20th Apr 2006 | Posts: 500

Windows User

Member

OK, can we just drop it? I don't want to talk about it.
EDIT: OK, maybe I do want to talk about it:

Question: How the heck am I supposed to tell when you guys are being sarcastic or not?
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:04am

Post 28 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

It's this thing called common sense.

All the cool kids are using it.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:19am

Post 29 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Guys, stop freaking bashing Ryan Wieber, you don't even know him. Michael Scott, the other person in R v D knew Ryan over the internet very well. It would not be weird at all, the idiots on TV who go to stalkers houses don't know anything and they are ignorant and deserve whatever they walk into. Next, Ryan Wieber's passion is visual effects and whatnot. Making VFX based films and creating visual effects is really what he does. He enjoys it. Next, stop judging people as nerds. They like Star Wars, so what? You don't know him, he could have a very active social life. Who the hell cares? If he's having fun with Star Wars and lightsabers and internet folks enjoy it then let it be. I find it entertaining, you don't have to. But don't bash him personally. Another thing: the film is called Ryan Wieber vs. Michael 'Dorkman' Scott. It really isn't meant to be taken seriously. He slides his glasses up his nose with his forefinger for god's sake. Also, your making a Splinter Cell Fanfilm. Shut up. It's really no different. Maybe yours has a story, bbut he likes to innovate with choreography, visuals, and other fun stuff.

PS-This whole post was dedicated to Atom/ben3308, I lost track and you can tell why.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:46am

Post 30 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don't think I was in any way trying to badmouth Ryan, I was just defending the claim that AOTS was cheesy by saying that RvD was equally cheesy. That led me to remember how Ryan's script was almost exactly the same as the 18th Emergency, which made me a little ticked.

I never said that I knew Ryan or what he does. I called him a nerd in the context of what happens in the film. That's speaking objectively, about RvD. Maybe you didn't get that. I'm not judging, I'm merely observing the mannerisms of the people in the movie. You even pointed out that they act like nerds in it! That's my point! Apparently my opinion is worth a minus one, whereas others' opinions aren't. Aren't I special.

I didn't personally bash Ryan or say anything demeaning of him. In fact, I even stared my paragraph with "in my opinion". Perhaps read more carefully next time, one's intent through text can often be lost by overlooking things.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:51am

Post 31 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -2

Somebody must've slipped Serpent a b!tch pill today.

Seriously, man, calm down. I didn't say anything about his social life, I was just 'IMO-ing'. And it is strange by today's standards to meet someone over the internet and get together. Not to say that several successful and friendly FXHomers haven't met eachother in filmmaking efforts, but it's still an odd thing in this day and age to do over the internet. You want to make the point of "how do I know he doesn't have a social life", I'll turn it back at you "How do you know he loves Star Wars? How do you know he had fun making it?" You know him no better than I do, and therefore, all either of us can go off of is deductive reasoning.

Last edited Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 3:31am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 6:08am

Post 32 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

destron, check your messages. The 'sarcasm' discussion need be discussed somewhere else.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 6:08am

Post 33 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Ben, you know I do not have a personal thing with you at all. You're right, I took in in the personal attack context because you said this: "It's two nerds fighting eachother." To me, it sounded like you were talking about them, 2 of the most active member on TF. N fanfilms. I get offended when people who enjoy things like Star Wars are attacked as nerds and I have seen at least one of you make steriotypes like that for "coolness" so I assumed that's what you were doing. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Atom, -1 on that last post because you're being a prick right now. No one slipped me a "b!tch" pill, I was defending Star Wars fans, etc. based on the way I interpretted your brother's post. I wasn't talking about your post Atom. I never rated you down in this thread, I just forgot who said what because: you're twins and even though I have gotten used ot who is who, you did one of those Atom posts as ben things so I got confused. The social life comment was based on the whole "nerd" thing, a word usually describing a person in highschool who has not much of a social life and are school oriented IMO, which I take as offensive as a Star Wars geek.

"How do you know he loves Star Wars? How do you know he had fun making it?"

Er, I never said that. Please don't quote me for something I never said. First of all, I do know him better than you do being an active member on TF.N FFF. Not to say I know him well, but obviously he likes Star Wars, he is known as the lightsaber master, has thousands of posts on a website called "The Force.net", and makes lightsaber props to make money. I assume he enjoys making these things because he has done it since he was in Elementary School and now works for Stargate Digital as a proffesional visual effects compositor. Deductive reasoning + research can come to a more accurate conclusion than what you've passed off as a guess. Also, the whole thing about him having a social life was related to the whole "nerd" comment. I didn't say he had one (at least I didn't intend to, sorry if I did). I was just saying don't attack him like that, the way I originally interpretted his post. This whole thing was a mis understanding when Atom used a term I consider offensive. It seemed like he was saying the film was cheesy (bad thing to me) because it was 2 Star Wars nerds fighting. I was saying they had them be nerds on purpose to parody that fact, a thing I don't necessarilly consider cheesy. Thus I made the assumption that he was talking about the real people, not the people in the movie wielding working lightsabers.

This whole thing is stupid and I would appreciate it, Atom, if you didn't insult me.

Ben, I hope we're cool, just a misunderstaning.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 6:26am

Post 34 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Yeah, we're totally cool. Answer your AIM, and we would've been cool an hour ago. biggrin
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 8:09am

Post 35 of 72

Redhawksrymmer

Force: 18442 | Joined: 19th Aug 2002 | Posts: 2620

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Could be cool, will definently watch it. The old one is quite good, although it's a bit lame to make a sequel to that one, he should have made some kind of Star Wars-fanfilm with great choreography.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 8:22am

Post 36 of 72

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

And it is strange by today's standards to meet someone over the internet and get together. Not to say that several successful and friendly FXHomers haven't met eachother in filmmaking efforts, but it's still an odd thing in this day and age to do over the internet.
Hehe, you do sound like a 12 year old child there repeating his mothers "I'm not allowed to talk to strangers" routine... smile

Not sure what these "standards" are you're talking about really. I've met several people in real life I knew over the internet, in total maybe about 20 to 30. Not one of them tried to kill me. wink
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 8:26am

Post 37 of 72

Waser

Force: 4731 | Joined: 7th Sep 2003 | Posts: 3111

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

SuperUser

That's because you haven't met me yet, Sollthar.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 8:28am

Post 38 of 72

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Yeah, but my spider sense always beeps manically when you're around, so I'm very careful with you... I sense darkness in you... tard
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 9:07am

Post 39 of 72

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I see darness on me... but I never asked for this... CURSES!
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 10:07am

Post 40 of 72

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

destron wrote:

Are you serious? If so, why? Maybe you don't like science fiction...
What a very odd statement. How on earth does not liking lightsabers mean somebody doesn't like science fiction? Utterly bizarre.

As for Ryan's stuff, I've always been pretty impressed with it. His lightsaber short film is a lot of fun and has some nifty choreography in it (if highly silly, but that's half the charm).

I sense a slight bit of jealousy from certain people regarding his general success.

Although last I heard he'd lost his job at Lucasarts - can anybody confirm/deny that? Serpent, perhaps? Be a shame if true.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 10:13am

Post 41 of 72

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

As far as i'm aware yes, he now works for some other post production company "Stargate Digital" (not related to the film or series).

His job at lucasarts was entirely temporary anyway - from what i'm lead to believe his crowning achievement was some of the muzzle-flashes for Republic Commando - so he wasn't exactly the most indispensible of employees.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:09pm

Post 42 of 72

BackOfTheHearse

Force: 2660 | Joined: 17th Nov 2001 | Posts: 1099

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Sollthar wrote:

I've met several people in real life I knew over the internet, in total maybe about 20 to 30. Not one of them tried to kill me. wink
Maybe that's because it was the other way around.. whatever happened to those 30 or 30 people, Sollthar? Where did you put the bodies, Sollthar!?
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 12:14pm

Post 43 of 72

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I barely escaped with my life from Switzerland.

Exactly.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:34pm

Post 44 of 72

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Wow, I just saw this topic and it reminds me of someone... Oh what's his name.. All I remember is it started with an s'' ended with a 'k' and it had two 3s in it.. smile

Speaking of sacrasm, that time that whole mess came up about me saying,"I love pissing people off in theaters" was completely sarcasm. So I overuse it.

So we have two extremes here.

Destron(who can't catch sarcasm)-----------------------------------Me(Who overuses sarcasm)

As for the R.V.D. vs Art of the Saber my vote goes to the Art of the Saber. It was just entertaining to watch. And it had cool moves. RVD was also cool but it was sort of your "common" fight. The best lighsaber fight of all time is Duality.

Also, destron if Er-no hates lightsabers that doesn't mean he hates science fiction. Star Wars does not own the "Science ficton" catagory of films. Have you seen... Serenity? Ever watched Babylon 5? Stargate? Those are all great shows/films.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 4:43pm

Post 45 of 72

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

SWG wrote:

Also, destron if Er-no hates lightsabers that doesn't mean he hates science fiction. Star Wars does not own the "Science ficton" catagory of films. Have you seen... Serenity? Ever watched Babylon 5? Stargate? Those are all great shows/films.
All space opera, though. Science fiction is much, much wider than simple space opera - as I'm sure you're aware, but I thought I'd better point it out for anybody not paying attention at the back of the class.

Not to say I don't like a bit of space opera - Serenity/Firefly and B5 are two of my favourite things in the universe. smile
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 5:38pm

Post 46 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Xcession got it. They had to cut down on employees and he was one to go. And as Xcession said, he's a full time compositor at Stargate Digital, a VFX company for the TV industry and some Motion Pictures.

"Stargate is a full service visual effects company best known for its work in television and film. I was initially hired on a temporary basis to help with roto and prep needs during the '05 pilot season, but in addition to that work I also was able to take on some shots entirely by myself and soon proved myself well enough to be hired as a permanent full-time compositor. Since then I have had the opportunity to composite hundreds of shots for many prime time HD television shows, film projects, and commercials."
--Ryanw.michaelfrisk.com

Stargate Films Website


Serenity is awesome, on par with Star Wars. In my opionion, the only downside is the lack of a cult following really.
Posted: Wed, 19th Jul 2006, 6:03pm

Post 47 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hey, I forgot to mention, I talked to Ryan, and he gave me the 'ol "thumbs up" for my post about RVD.


Apparently, he loved what I wrote. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 2:54am

Post 48 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Just curious, who cares? If you're saying that to counter me: I was never in this thread talking about your post until you started talking about what I said to Ben's post. If you're saying this to impress us, we don't care. And if your saying he liked your ass hole-ish argument against me defending Ben, I could care less. To sum it up: that didn't justify anything.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 9:57am

Post 49 of 72

vilhelm nielsen

Force: 798 | Joined: 28th Jul 2003 | Posts: 345

EffectsLab Pro User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

That's a good ol' +1 for Serpent.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 10:06am

Post 50 of 72

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

Rating: +3

Woah, serpent - calm down man. You seem to be particularly over-sensitive to Atom/Ben's brand of futile one-up-manship. Just ignore them or take them with a pinch of salt like everyone else.

You know that whatever you say will be turned, somehow, into them being mistunderstood, "actually joking", "being sarcastic", being the more mature, being factually correct or exempt from reality because its "opinion" - so why bother?
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 4:39pm

Post 51 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

What I said was being factually correct. And the following comments were an opinion. I'm not going to turn it into anything.

It may be because Atom and I double track on the same opinions, but I don't see why the mods have this distaste for me. It's not as if I've done anything wrong.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 7:55pm

Post 52 of 72

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Yeah that's one thing I don't get. Atom you were sorta pushing it with the "Serpent slipped a b!tch pill" thing but I don't get why we can't just state our honest opinions. I'm sorta agreeing with destron in some ways. We constantly critisize eachother for our opinions. I try not to do that(I've probably done it without relizing it).
^^^
Serious

And really, in my honest opinion. Sony is racist.
^^^
Sarcasm

NOTE: Destron I marked the sarcastic parts and serious parts of my posts smile
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 8:46pm

Post 53 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

SWG wrote:

Atom you were sorta pushing it with the "Serpent slipped a b!tch pill"
I think that's because he found it funny when TimmyD said it to him, so he was trying to, in turn, be funny by repeating it.

It wasn't that funny.

(sarcasm-free post, in case anyone cared)
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 10:01pm

Post 54 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Xcession wrote:

Woah, serpent - calm down man. You seem to be particularly over-sensitive to Atom/Ben's brand of futile one-up-manship. Just ignore them or take them with a pinch of salt like everyone else.

You know that whatever you say will be turned, somehow, into them being mistunderstood, "actually joking", "being sarcastic", being the more mature, being factually correct or exempt from reality because its "opinion" - so why bother?
I agree, +1 and I'll try to ignore pretty much everything Atom says from now on. He's the only member on this forum I have ever wanted a "block" option for and it's making every thread back and forth annoying conversation. That's really why I keep saying things, because he is making my experience on this forum, in several threads, unpleasant.

Also, I bother because I like to defend myself. But now I realise it's pointless. Your post really did help me understand the psyche of, what I consider, a troll.

Like ben, this post is sarcasm free.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 10:25pm

Post 55 of 72

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Rating: +2

If someone attacks you or lays the bait, step away and ignore them. Simple answer.

If it gets to be a real problem when you can't just easily ignore the person, report the guy to the mods.

Also, it might be nice to step away for awhile and come back before hitting the submit button when writing a reply to a post which really stirs you up. That way, you can clear your head and restore all faculties related to critical thinking and judgment, forcing you to really think about whether it really is worth it to post whatever witty/insulting reply you had prepared.
Posted: Thu, 20th Jul 2006, 11:02pm

Post 56 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Serpent wrote:

Xcession wrote:

Woah, serpent - calm down man. You seem to be particularly over-sensitive to Atom/Ben's brand of futile one-up-manship. Just ignore them or take them with a pinch of salt like everyone else.

You know that whatever you say will be turned, somehow, into them being mistunderstood, "actually joking", "being sarcastic", being the more mature, being factually correct or exempt from reality because its "opinion" - so why bother?
I agree, +1 and I'll try to ignore pretty much everything Atom says from now on. He's the only member on this forum I have ever wanted a "block" option for and it's making every thread back and forth annoying conversation. That's really why I keep saying things, because he is making my experience on this forum, in several threads, unpleasant.

Also, I bother because I like to defend myself. But now I realise it's pointless. Your post really did help me understand the psyche of, what I consider, a troll.

Like ben, this post is sarcasm free.
Stop being an ass. (That's not meant as a personal insult, it's meant as to highlight your behavior as being very brutish and purposefully hurtful.)

Seriously. I bother you, bring it up to me. It's an absolutely horrible thing to say that you want me blocked, or that I make your experience unpleasant. Don't insult me, act as if I'm some mentally-disabled person that is lesser than you, and have the last laugh of saying you will skip everything I write.

I'd gladly change my attitude, but I see no reason to alter my personality to suit your needs. You only ever get angry at me on things you take personally, and it is a great bias on your part.

Look back on the recent topics:
Ryan-W, of course you're gonna get all angry, you did the rotoscoping on part of it! You're personally offended by something that isn't to the degree of offensiveness. It's understandable, but don't act as if I'm some devil of a person with a complete and utter prejudice and hatred for everything.

Wii. You're a Nintendo fanboy! Don't deny it, I'm a Sony man, fanboy too, and you get in a ruffle when I bring up something against the Wii, or Pro-Sony. Still, even if I go abit too far, reacting in such a frenzied manner is uncalled-for on your part, and is just as disruptive as my postings.

PM me, as I find it a very malicious thing to do to regard me as someone worth ignoring "pretty much everything" I write. That is effing ridiculous.

I've never personally attacked you. I know that. You should no that. Why would I? I have nothing against you, except the fact that now everything I say, regardless of intent, has to be pitted with an unecessary rebuttal, even when a comment isn't directed at you. I reallly hope this post isn't deleted, as I would like for everyone to read it. It applies for anybody who has such an aversion for me. Talk to me about it, I'm a reasonable person to be dealt with.

The pic of Ryan-W was to add abit of comedic relief, and was a purposefully superfluous (it's one of mine and Ben's classic MS Paint pics for gods sake!) to the argument, to add something neutral and humorous. It's the Waser-Complex, so to speak. +1ing eachother in the name of acting against me, or insulting my posting, is utterly stupid, as if meritting eachother for some valiant effort to stop some condescending oaf. (Similar to the necessary posts against the old godfather a while back)

I hope you can see past what ever extreme aversion you have for me, as I see no reason for it. These are friendly forums, and I always try to act that way within them. Hope you can too.
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 2:52am

Post 57 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Wait, I only get angry when it's personal? Why wouldn't I? I would I get angry at something that isn't personal.

Comedic relief doesn't say anything to me, example: Serpent must have taken a b!tch pill. smile

No, it doesn't work like that. You basically told everyone in this thread that Ryan supports your argument against ME (I never commented on or cared what you said about AOTS vs. RvD or whatever the hell you were talking about.) I usually find your MS Paint pics fun and nostalgic, but that really didn't apply here.

I never teamed up with anybody or ask for a +1. They did that on their behalf for reasons I can't speak for. I find it insulting (what do you know) that you would think I schemed with FXHomers to make you look worse. So hopefully this isn't what you meant. I don't sink that low and I don't know where you got that from.

I am being an ass to you, but for reasons I have listed. You too, are being an ass.

I don't want you to "change your personality" to suit my needs, I don't mind your personality unless I find it offensive toward me. And I don't know how your meaning to say things, but you certainly don't sound "friendly".
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 3:08am

Post 58 of 72

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Sooooooooooo.........................

how about that Ryan Wieber? That guy right there is one talented kid.
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 3:19am

Post 59 of 72

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

You misread my comments about +1ing, perhaps I didn't word that right, so I'm sorry 'bout that. The pic of Ryan is no different than if Waser pulled into a thread, like he does, and said "well, god said I was right"; it's a harmless, non-personal joke. Plus, that wasn't directed to you anyway, although you're reading so much personal offensiveness into a picture of someone else that I might as well take it off.

I make an effort to be friendly, if you don't see that, I'm sorry; but it's there. Check up on my last 50 or so posts. The difference in me being an ass and you being an ass is that if in fact I acted so pigheaded, it was by accident; whereas you admit to purposefully acting that way in anger.


Nothing justifies purposefully acting rude to someone, especially when they did slim to nothing to you. You came into this thread, without previous comments, criticizing either me or Ben, and further continued jumping back at me to the point of acting so high-and-mighty as if you are the better man by ignoring "everything" I post. That shows me arrogance, not class, and it's utterly ridiculous.

I apologize to this thread for my constant rebuttals, and hope Serpent and I can calmly further resolve this ridiculous matter via PM.
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 9:02am

Post 60 of 72

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

Check up on my last 50 or so posts. The difference in me being an ass and you being an ass is that if in fact I acted so pigheaded, it was by accident
If your rudeness is truely by accident, then i expect you to have learnt from this thread. The very fact that you're able to analyse your own rudeness, means you're aware of it, so there is really no excuse for it in future.

And for what its worth: Serpent may admit to being a d*ck but i still don't actually see an outright personal apology from either of you. Plenty of circumlocution and general apologies to the "thread", but no personal apology, only justifications. While this could be done over PM, it would be nice to show the rest of the community that we can all get along.

Last edited Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 9:19am; edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 9:10am

Post 61 of 72

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Yeah, I said I might've misread it. Also, I never said I was offended by the picture.

I have only been rude to you lately. It's really just because I am sick of your pigheadedness. Anyway, Xcession said it well.
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 12:36pm

Post 62 of 72

Venger

Force: 260 | Joined: 15th May 2002 | Posts: 247

Gold Member

Ahh you can just feel the love in this thread, you really can.
I enjoyed R V D for what it was. A kick ass light saber fight. It didn't pretend to be something it wasn't. It never claimed to be an epic. The whole stuff about the guys looking nerdy is quite frankly pathetic. Yes Judge someone on the clothes they wear. Typical stereotypical attitude. No doubt you get annoyed by being stereotyped for what you look like, wear and do.

Some people here REALLY need to get over themselves. Seriously.

I'm really looking foward to part 2 and I know Ryan will put out a really well choreographed movie.

Oh and AOTS is good, but it's not as good as RvD. That's my opinion and I'm jolly well entitled to it, the same as the rest of you.
Posted: Fri, 21st Jul 2006, 6:59pm

Post 63 of 72

Penguin

Force: 852 | Joined: 17th May 2006 | Posts: 560

EffectsLab Pro User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Art of the Saber isn't bad, and neither is Ryan vs. Dorkman. Ryan vs. Dorkman has better effects, and the Ho brothers are faster. We have a half-edited duel that might be comprable to these when finished if it didn't include a ten-year-old and a Jedi in a Disney shirt. Anyway I bet RVD2 will be really good.
Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 2:05pm

Post 64 of 72

Jabooza

Force: 2743 | Joined: 21st Jul 2006 | Posts: 1446

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Sorry to bring back this super old thread but I thought I'd just post up the new RVD II sneak peek.

Last edited Fri, 21st Nov 2008, 2:41am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 2:14pm

Post 65 of 72

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Heh, I love the way they talk about it. Star Wars nerds amuse me. smile
Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 8:06pm

Post 66 of 72

Jabooza

Force: 2743 | Joined: 21st Jul 2006 | Posts: 1446

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

They seem kinda self-obsessed...or maybe RvD II obsessed.
Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 10:00pm

Post 67 of 72

jmax

Force: 260 | Joined: 17th May 2006 | Posts: 671

MacOS User

Member

"It's two dudes with lightsabers, and....they're fighting. And...really who cares what?"
Dorkman managed to pretty much sum up my opinions of starwars fan films (and why arguing over them is so dumb) with his own words. That said, it will still probably be pretty entertaining.
Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 10:45pm

Post 68 of 72

NuttyBanana

Force: 730 | Joined: 23rd Nov 2004 | Posts: 711

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

hmm, I'm on the internet everyday and I've never heard of this "phenomena" that is RVD.... are the being funny or serious in that sneak peak on how big their movie is?

Either way, just watched the first movie and is was pretty good.
Posted: Thu, 1st Feb 2007, 11:19pm

Post 69 of 72

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Yeah, RvD was quite successful on the net.
Which isn't a surprise really, seeing most net nerds who hang around in front of their computers the whole day are also sci-fi fans, therefore most likely also Star Wars fans, therefore enjoy watching people with lightsabres fight, therefore belong to the "OMG BEST THING EVER" people again spawning new net nerds and closing the circle. wink

On a more serious note though:

I thought RvD 1 was good for what it was, as was AotS. But then again, I wouldn't rate either as even close to amongst the best stuff I've seen on the net, I do prefer actual films with actual stories and such to just some people fighting - be the fight as good as it gets.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Feb 2007, 2:17am

Post 70 of 72

NickD

Force: 2163 | Joined: 10th Sep 2003 | Posts: 1224

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Lightsabers are overrated . . . but cool wink
Posted: Fri, 21st Nov 2008, 10:02pm

Post 71 of 72

Paradox Pictures

Force: 889 | Joined: 18th Mar 2008 | Posts: 387

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I agree!
Posted: Fri, 21st Nov 2008, 10:19pm

Post 72 of 72

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

I don't.

I'm sick of Star Wars and lightsabers right now.

Anyone want to buy 7 UK Star Wars DVDs (mint condition)?