Cogz wrote:I think perhaps you've confused garbage mattes with masks. If you check out this video masking tutorial:
Hi Cogz. I get the difference between masks and mattes, but I don't understand why I have to move each keyframe of my mask. Try the following to see what I mean:
1. Stick a bit of video footage into Vlab
2. Add a particle effect and use a mask with the particle effect to make it appear behind an item within the video. Animate the mask with the video to ensure that you get a clean mask with a few keyframes.
3. Now move the video a few frames to the right.
4. Now move the particle object a few frames to the right, in line with the new video stating point.
5. If you expand the particle object now, you will see that all of the keyframes have moved to the right as well *apart from the mask*.
Surely this can't be right?