Post 1 of 66
Yes, yes. It's time. Hope you got a head-start, seeing as we're kicking off a little later this year. Let's get the first order of business out of the way: the RULES.
These rules apply to all contest entrants and entries.
I. Miscellaneous rules
1. All films submitted must be of the "horror" genre. They can be funny, dramatic, action-filled, etc., but they MUST be scary!
2. Filmmakers are free to use whatever means they require to tell their story.
3. All films submitted must contain the spoken line of dialogue: "You thought I didn't exist." Use it creatively.
4. The contest winner will be declared on 31 October, 2007. The winner will be picked by a predetermined panel of judges.
II. File format restrictions
1. All videos submitted MUST be in a Quicktime-friendly format. This includes, but is not limited to: .MOV, .AVI, .MP4, .MPG. If it plays in Quicktime, it's acceptable. If this is not possible, FXhome user ROGOLO has graciously offered to convert files for those unable to compress their films into a Quicktime-friendly format.
2. File size must not be over 100 MB (Megabytes).
III. Important dates and times
1. ALL FILMS SUBMITTED MUST BE UPLOADED TO THE HAUNTFEST WEBSITE BEORE 00:00 (12:00 AM), MONDAY, 22 (TWENTY-SECOND) OCTOBER, 2007. All films NOT uploaded before this date and time will be unable to enter.
2. The contest winner will be declared on 31 October, 2007 (Halloween). The winner can expect electronic prizes in the following week, and mailed prizes within a month.
1. The contest winner will receive, by mail or electronically, the following prizes:
a. The sum of all force given by those who entered the contest.
b. FXhome has offered to TRIPLE the amount of force donated by users.
c. FXhome is also offering a MYSTERY PRIZE.
d. FXhome User Serpent is offering the book "$30 Film School".
This year, we will NOT have the winner chosen by a voting system. Instead, this year, we have an ALL-STAR PANEL OF JUDGES. On the panel we have:
We thank them from committing to sit through all of your movies, and rate them accordingly.
Now, we hate to toss things up again, but this year we will NOT be continuing the tradition of the "IN" list. Entrants will simply pay a price of 50 force upon submitting their video. If the video is submitted, and no force is received, then the entry will be ineligible for the prize(s). We realize that there are restrictions on how much force can be transfered per day, so if this is a problem, please private message us.
That's about it! Miker and I have been incredibly busy lately, so we had not planned on kicking off so late. However, we did post that warning, so you should have at least a script written! We're looking forward to seeing your films, come the end of October.
GO WORK ON THOSE HORROR MOVIES!
-TimmyD and Miker