You are viewing an archive of the old forums. The community has since moved to

Smallville "pressure-wave"?

Posted: Mon, 15th Oct 2007, 9:28pm

Post 1 of 2


Force: 200 | Joined: 2nd Jul 2004 | Posts: 4

CompositeLab Lite User

Gold Member

In a couple episodes of Smallville, we get to see Clark Kent take off and fly. (Granted, it's either Bizarro-Clark or Clark on red kryptonite, but he's still flying. And, when he takes off, there's a sort of "pressure wave" that surrounds his feet for a moment, as though his body is giving off the propulsive force needed to lift him into the air.

Anyone ever see what I'm referring to? If so, how would you go about depicting that? Are there any presets available that would work to do the job?
Posted: Mon, 15th Oct 2007, 10:29pm

Post 2 of 2


Force: 2477 | Joined: 4th Jun 2007 | Posts: 382

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

add like a blur and some distortion to the frame and simply mask it out and animated the mask and the grade object. hope that makes sense! biggrin