Post 1 of 25
Bit of a long-shot as I'm still waiting for signoff, but I just want to test the water a bit...If it all comes off ok we'll be shooting a 9-day road-trip drama from New York to LA with an almost completely British (small, geurilla) crew, but will need lots of help along the way from locals who know the lay of local land - and basically act as local field producers along the route!
People we're looking for would be
* along the route (probably a pretty straight route from NY to LA, if there is such a thing - we're going to have to cover nearly 500 miles/day
* know (or be able to find out) if their state has any hoopy local restrictions/laws that could trip us up
* know decent local (local in the big sense - several hundred miles around) landmarks we should try to get in shot time/mileage permitting
* be organised and/or well-connected with local services (eg if we need a garage/camera fix-it company on the road, have an idea who to call, or at least have a local phone book and be able to find someone)
* know their local culture
The work itself would be
* helping plan the route
* help out with local advice
* help out with local facilities/bookings for motels, etc
* In NY or LA help us find winnebago and car rental companies who will accept one-way journeys (or even ideally an LA company that has a big Winn ebago stuck on the East coast and wants it driving back West for free/price of the fuel!)
* act as our local goodwill ambassador
* making sure we get good/fair prices on any consumables we need along the way - and advising about (rough) local prices for motels, fuel, etc
* nothing too demanding, just really a local backup for the crew as they cross the country!
Is the gig paid? Yep, not much (there isn't massive money to play with, sadly) but there will certainly be reasonable expenses plus something extra, paid in cash.
Does the cast include any 'names'?. I can't name the name, but he's currently playing in cinemas across the UK (and beyond?) and filming 'RocknRolla' with Guy Ritchie at the moment - this is our last chance to get him at favour rates, so if it comes off, then hurrah!
Interested? Well I can't guarantee the gig will happen yet, so I'm testing the water right now, and drawing up a master budget. If it sounds like it may appeal, and you live not too far off of the straight-line route from NY to LA (maybe taking in Las Vegas), or better still, in NY or LA, then let me know wither here or by PM. The only conditions I'd have are that I can't really work with minors, you'll need to be old enough to drive, be taken seriopusly making deals in your community, not at school, etc in your state.
Should be a blast, and if it comes off, I hope I'll get to meet some of you along the way