You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Actual Video Proof Of Alien Life?

Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 1:59pm

Post 1 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1227150.ece

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/29/alien-video-to-be-reveale_n_104043.html

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/29/expert-says-ufo-tape-no-fake/


Hmmmmm..... I won't be believing it until I see the video for myself. wink Sounds very intriguing though.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 2:15pm

Post 2 of 122

B3N

Force: 3081 | Joined: 26th Feb 2006 | Posts: 1534

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

This'll be interesting to see.

"A video that purportedly shows a living, breathing alien"

How do we know they breathe? biggrin
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 2:17pm

Post 3 of 122

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Heh, Peckman.


Anyway, when this is reported by a reputable publication I might start paying attention to it. smile
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 2:55pm

Post 4 of 122

RyanZ

Force: 389 | Joined: 13th Mar 2008 | Posts: 126

CompositeLab Pro User

Gold Member

I think it is funny this alien was "running around his house"--

Like he wasn't just creeping and being quiet-- he was sprinting around, being all Alieny

I would freak
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 3:00pm

Post 5 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TVaj2XZhSL8

They're real.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 3:27pm

Post 6 of 122

Mellifluous

Force: 5604 | Joined: 6th Oct 2002 | Posts: 3782

EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

The Sun is a reputable publication!
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 3:32pm

Post 7 of 122

Bryan M Block

Force: 2260 | Joined: 9th Jul 2002 | Posts: 1505

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Well i saw them in Indiana Jones, so I guess they must be real- hell I once believed George Lucas had talent, I guess I would swallow anything at this point- in fact Lucas is counting on it!
oink
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 4:03pm

Post 8 of 122

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Hybrid that video was hilarious. I was laughing pretty hard at the "Guess who's got a meeting this morning?"

I'm interested to see what this video really is. I don't know if I'd be completely convinced if I saw it. CG can do it pretty well.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 4:47pm

Post 9 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

The British Government have finally released UFO/Alien archives from top secret classification to public viewing

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 5:18pm

Post 10 of 122

Dancamfx

Force: 2558 | Joined: 7th Sep 2006 | Posts: 873

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Very cool, Cant wait to see it.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 5:40pm

Post 11 of 122

mad eye123

Force: 0 | Joined: 31st Jan 2008 | Posts: 32

Windows User MacOS User

Member

don't be silly! it was me dressed up in my haloween costume! i wanted to pee and i had no time going to the bathroom so i went to my neighboor's window and someone filmed me!!! i can't believe it!
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 8:49pm

Post 12 of 122

SilverDragon7

Force: 2265 | Joined: 29th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1990

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Heard about this on the radio... He also stated it's possible it is just a hoax, maybe some sort of ad for the new X-Files movie.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 8:59pm

Post 13 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

I strongly believe in ufos and aliens. We are ignorant for refusing to believe we are alone in the universe when we havent even put our own race on another planet yet, just our own moon.

But it does annoy me when most ufo/alien abductions always seem to be southern rednecks in their pick up trucks on the way back from the bar.

I really cant wait for a massive ufo to land in the front garden of the white house in front of everyone in which it is undenyable proof that aliens exist. Of course this wont happen as the U.S. military will blow it out of the sky before it gets close to washington and blame it on a taliban suicide plane on a flight path to destroy many innocent people.

Not to mention if an alien did arrive and said "take me to your leader" what would you say? "Well there is Bush at the moment but it could be Clinton or Obama. Could you come back in a month and ask that again?"
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 9:08pm

Post 14 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I'm one of those doubters of alien life. I mean, it's possible, but unlikely. I find it as something human's try to convince themselves of just because they simply want it to be true. It's human nature to be fascinated with the unknown, and most people use aliens as a means of expressing that fascination. But then again, what do I know. wink
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 9:15pm

Post 15 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

We only doubt it because we havent explored far enough in space to find out.


For example A new shop opens up in your town centre. You don't know its there until you go to it and see it for yourself. Other than that, a friend tells you its there, you may believe him you may not but is it there? take a drive and find out
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 9:36pm

Post 16 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

videofxuniverse wrote:

We only doubt it because we havent explored far enough in space to find out.


For example A new shop opens up in your town centre. You don't know its there until you go to it and see it for yourself. Other than that, a friend tells you its there, you may believe him you may not but is it there? take a drive and find out
Erm, not quite. How about...

You've never been to the south side of town, and you don't have any friends that live there. You really hope there is a home depot there, but you have no idea. You don't have anyone to tell you if there is, but some friends think there is, and other's don't. Now you have two choices, waste money and energy to see if there is one, which there may not be, or you can just forget it.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 9:39pm

Post 17 of 122

SilverDragon7

Force: 2265 | Joined: 29th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1990

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

We will see the video sooner or later.

But what is curious to me is, the footage was apparently shot in 2004... 4 years later he says something? Though this may not be true, will research it a little more.
Posted: Fri, 30th May 2008, 10:37pm

Post 18 of 122

A Pickle

Force: 1235 | Joined: 7th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1280

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Wow. Hybrid, that video was hilarious. biggrin
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 12:45am

Post 19 of 122

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Thrawn wrote:

I'm one of those doubters of alien life. I mean, it's possible, but unlikely. I find it as something human's try to convince themselves of just because they simply want it to be true.
You're confusing aliens with God.

Remember that life itself is a highly unlikely occurrence. If it happened here on Earth, one of possibly hundreds of billions of planets capable of supporting life as we know it, it is very statistically probable that it has happened on billions of other planets, and we just don't have the capability to find out, and maybe never will.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 12:46am

Post 20 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Didn't that ltmcmurphy guy get abducted by aliens?
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 12:51am

Post 21 of 122

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Close... the Marines. smile
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:01am

Post 22 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

I'm one of those doubters of alien life. I mean, it's possible, but unlikely. I find it as something human's try to convince themselves of just because they simply want it to be true.
You're confusing aliens with God.

Remember that life itself is a highly unlikely occurrence. If it happened here on Earth, one of possibly hundreds of billions of planets capable of supporting life as we know it, it is very statistically probable that it has happened on billions of other planets, and we just don't have the capability to find out, and maybe never will.
Agreed. To doubt that there is other life out there seems crazy to me. Sure, u can believe aliens may not have reached our planet yet (tho I've seen some crazy unexplained stuff in my life) but the Universe is too damn big to think that Earth holds the ONLY living organisms out there. Gotta open your mind at least a little more than that man! oneeye

Last edited Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:04am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:04am

Post 23 of 122

Limey

Force: 547 | Joined: 11th Sep 2005 | Posts: 752

Gold Member

CX3 wrote:

Aculag wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

I'm one of those doubters of alien life. I mean, it's possible, but unlikely. I find it as something human's try to convince themselves of just because they simply want it to be true.
You're confusing aliens with God.

Remember that life itself is a highly unlikely occurrence. If it happened here on Earth, one of possibly hundreds of billions of planets capable of supporting life as we know it, it is very statistically probable that it has happened on billions of other planets, and we just don't have the capability to find out, and maybe never will.
Agreed. To doubt that there is other life out there seems crazy to me. Sure, u can believe aliens may not have reached our planet yet (tho I've seen some crazy unexplained stuff in my life) but the Universe is too damn big to think that Earth holds the ONLY living organisms out there. Gotta open your mind at least a little more than that man.
Agreed. The universe is pretty f***ing big. There's gotta be something out there.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:14am

Post 24 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1/-3

Well, what do I know, I'm just a Christian who believes in intelligent design... So when it comes to aliens I guess I can be considered as uncredible wink

EDIT: And no, I'm not confusing God with Aliens. While there is evidence for God, there is absolutely no proof for any life forms outside of this planet. Except if you want to count drunk idiots who claim to see UFO's..

Last edited Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 2:52am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:51am

Post 25 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Thrawn wrote:

EDIT: And no, I'm not confusing God with Aliens. While there is evidence for God, there is absolutely no proof for any life forms outside of this planet. Except if you want to count drunk idiots who claim to see UFO's..
Are you serious? That statement is so wrong and ignorant on a million different levels, though rather than confront you on it and start another internet religion debate I'm going to parry it with humour that you can't intelligently respond to:

I would say that the Pyramids are pretty damned good proof that Aliens exist. We all know God didn't build those.

-Matt
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 1:55am

Post 26 of 122

Bolbi

Force: 408 | Joined: 22nd Apr 2006 | Posts: 429

EffectsLab Pro User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

I'm going to parry it with humour that you can't intelligently respond to:

I would say that the Pyramids are pretty damned good proof that Aliens exist. We all know God didn't build those.

-Matt
No Intelligent responses to that!
But there are unintelligent ones... shhh
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:04am

Post 27 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Thrawn wrote:

Well, what do I know, I'm just a Christian who believes in intelligent design... So when it comes to aliens I guess I can be considered as incredible wink

EDIT: And no, I'm not confusing God with Aliens. While there is evidence for God, there is absolutely no proof for any life forms outside of this planet. Except if you want to count drunk idiots who claim to see UFO's..
Wooow... Really??? Haha, geez man.

1.) I believe in God, yes. But it's a belief, there is no exact evidence that he exists or many others would believe in God. It's called faith for a reason.

2.) What makes the people who believe they've seen any UFO's any crazier than u and I who believe in someone who can turn stuff into wine with a snap? Also, why do they have to be drunken and idiots?

3.) I hope one day you'll see something in the sky (or ground) that makes you question everything you've come to "know". But then again, I hope not because I wouldn't want that to damage your liver or education.

4.) Woooow.... ha

This is CX3 reminding those once again to think before you post surprised
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:25am

Post 28 of 122

Rocinante

Force: 1430 | Joined: 28th Jun 2007 | Posts: 116

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I don't for sure say there's nothing else out there, just the concept of them being little grey or green or grey/green men is justa little werid to me (I mean come on where are the women, how do they know they're men razz ) Don't you think that they'd have some cooler shape. I'd like to see a 7 foot aardvark coming out of a not saucer type ship and teach us how to create enurshal (spelling?) dampeners.

But seriously I want to see this even if it'll scare me, what if its true? what will they think of us? all our alien movies? and serious what if they never come back. but i wanna see it for myself, even though I highly doubt that it's true
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:35am

Post 29 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Thrawn wrote:

Well, what do I know, I'm just a Christian who believes in intelligent design... So when it comes to aliens I guess I can be considered as incredible wink

EDIT: And no, I'm not confusing God with Aliens. While there is evidence for God, there is absolutely no proof for any life forms outside of this planet. Except if you want to count drunk idiots who claim to see UFO's..
I love how you worded that. "Evidence for God" isn't proof. There is also "Evidence for UFOs." There isn't real proof for either, as neither are fact. It's really easy for you to say that "drunk idiots" see UFOs. But there is plenty of other evidence, you are simply uninformed. The evidence for UFOs is no less (might even be more) credible than evidence for God.

Note for the post: I'm an agnostic who believes God and/or afterlife could exist, and I'm basically in the same position on aliens visiting Earth. However I do believe there is other intelligent life beyond Earth.

(When I say UFOs, yes, UFOs exist as it simply means unidentified flying object. I mean UFOs by the definition society has given them).
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:43am

Post 30 of 122

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

I would say that the Pyramids are pretty damned good proof that Aliens exist. We all know God didn't build those.
Are you serious? I dunno if you're joking or not, but we all know that aliens and/or God can't be proven or disproven either way (at least with the technology that the human race has now), but to call someone ignorant or incredulous and then make a similarly preposterous statement about something (aliens) that is, like religion, incessantly argued to no avail is sort of a fallacy, wouldn't you agree?

I'm all about keeping religious discussion out of alien discussion- it's not needed. But don't scoff at a statement only to follow it with another statement worth scoffing at. wink

Oh, and Rocinante: 'inertial', maybe? biggrin
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:50am

Post 31 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

It's a sad SAD day when someone needs to explain that they did not mean a sentence to be taken seriously when the sentence they said before it is essentially "I am about to say something humourous in my next sentence".

Hybrid-Halo wrote:


Are you serious? That statement is so wrong and ignorant on a million different levels, though rather than confront you on it and start another internet religion debate I'm going to parry it with humour that you can't intelligently respond to:

I would say that the Pyramids are pretty damned good proof that Aliens exist. We all know God didn't build those.
I've made the text bold where I did this so that your eyes can now see it. So no Ben, just so you are fully aware I was not being serious. I didn't think anyone could imagine such a ridiculous comment to be serious. Especially since we All know that Egypt's climate is too hot to sustain alien life which is why they built StoneHenge in England's moist climate instead.

Red text areas may or may not hint that I am not being serious. Anyway, back on topic:

Is no one else dying to see this video? It's bound to be hilariously fake smile

-Matt
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 4:11am

Post 32 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

color=red]Especially since we All know that Egypt's climate is too hot to sustain alien life which is why they built StoneHenge in England's moist climate instead.[/color]
Are you serious? Based on the context of your post, I can't tell if you are joking. Aliens that have travelled through the Earth's atmosphere clearly have the technology to withstand any heat that their bodies can't take. Whether or not they did in fact build Stone Henge is another mystery.

But srsly, if this video were clearly real, it would have been covered by major news networks. If this is an X-Files viral ad, I would be giddy. Otherwise it will just be like any of the other alien hoax footage (assuming it's fake, which it is).
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 4:14am

Post 33 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Serpent... You are forgetting one important fact : No technology can withstand sand.

Serpent wrote:

But srsly, if this video were clearly real, it would have been covered by major news networks. If this is an X-Files viral ad, I would be giddy. Otherwise it will just be like any of the other alien hoax footage (assuming it's fake, which it is).
You know, I believe 100% that it's fake. Though I also believe that this sort of news would never get covered by major news networks even if it was resolutely real. I imagine that these claims are so frequent that none of them class as news worthy any more as like we have - everyone assumes they are fake.

Which they are. wink
-Matt

Last edited Sat, 31st May 2008, 5:08am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 4:19am

Post 34 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I'll let Rocinante slide cuz he's still a "rookie" but damn Ben, I figured you'd be able to pick up on sarcasm by now ha.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 5:13am

Post 35 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: -2

EDITED: To avoid any more -1's. wink

Last edited Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 8:11pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 5:28am

Post 36 of 122

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Thrawn- no need for any of that. The whole point of this thread is to be tongue-in-cheek. It's about ALIENS for Chrissakes!

Even when you're serious about joking about joking (think about that one a sec wink) you need to shy away from being actually, well, serious. biggrin

Srsly!
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 5:38am

Post 37 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

Thrawn- no need for any of that. The whole point of this thread is to be tongue-in-cheek. It's about ALIENS for Chrissakes!
Haha, okay. Just thought I might put my serious opinion out there, but I guess that was a rather poor idea. smile
But on the other hand, heck, who doesn't want to get a few -1's every once in a while wink
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:13am

Post 38 of 122

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

did anyone see that footage shot from the space station, it's been shown on those UFO programmes, it clearly shows an object moving very fast towards earth.
At this point you think it's a meteor, then a rocket from earth heads towards it, nothing wrong with that (and this footage is not fake) so you think this fast rocket will blow up the meteor, but the meteor suddenly moves out of the way and back into space faster than the rocket.

If you can try to find that clip, to me that's the closest i've seen to make me a beleiver.
Let me know if you've seen it and your thought's on it.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:52am

Post 39 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

No evidence of UFO's and lots of Evidence of god lol i really think that was eant to be the other way around. How many sightings or video evidence have there been shown of god? None.

Nobody actually has a clue what he is suppost to look like apart from an old bearded santa claus in togas. The only physical proof of god is a bible that was written hundreds of years ago by an unknown authro and a pope that tells you he is real. And any other proof that he does exist will only come to light when you die, which causes a problem to those in the world of the living. And anyone who says they died, went to heaven met god and came back would probably be locked in a secure padded unit. On the other hand people who claim to have been abducted by aliens will either be believed or not believed,

Especially when they come back with unusual scars, markings or a kidney missing when there is no medical history of it being removed.

Unfortunatly the majority of people who refuse to believe in aliens or UFO's haven't actually spent the time to research the claims by reading the thousands of statements, pictures, videos, and government files that have been stolen and released to the public. They just say "aliens dont exist, even though i know nothing about them, oh and those ufo photographs taken in the 70's and 80's where photoshopped (even though the photoshop software wasn't even around back then)

Last edited Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:18am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:04am

Post 40 of 122

anothercheney

Force: 10 | Joined: 31st May 2008 | Posts: 9

Member

There has been proof of UFOs as far back as during ww2 and the fu fighters over Germany However Roswell was a weather ballon. Fu fighters were balls that radiated light and were vastly faster than p51 mustangs and the German ME262, The US and German aircores figered they were secret airacraft built by the other side.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 10:08am

Post 41 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 10:30am

Post 42 of 122

b4uask30male

Force: 5619 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2002 | Posts: 3497

Windows User

Gold Member

You got to wonder, why did someone have a camera ready at night looking out a window? that thing must have moved at normal human speed so for the guy to pick up camera, switch it on, press record, takes about 10-15 seconds.

If it was a security camera then it would be different, i'd like to see the footage before he shot that, what was on the tape, was it right at the start of a tape, why was that? if half way through, was he out filming during the day?

*coff, fake
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 2:28pm

Post 43 of 122

Rocinante

Force: 1430 | Joined: 28th Jun 2007 | Posts: 116

VisionLab User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
Hoax or no hoax it looks really interesting, perferably a hoax, it would be great to see how he did it. From the photo it doesnt look too amazing or expensive to make, but there may of course be a part that's closer up but we won't know until we see it
The alien looks kind of angry which could be perfect reasoning for it to be a hoax, still im not ruling out he possibility that it's really just yet
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:01pm

Post 44 of 122

drspin98

Force: 470 | Joined: 14th May 2005 | Posts: 438

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User Windows User

Gold Member

Thrawn-I too believe in God. I too have a VERY hard time believing the theory of evolution. But to simply present -as proof- the thought that because our world and all it's wonders is too complex for us to think something like the Big Bang could not have created it as a basis to prove God's existence seems to almost discredit those of us (you and me) who, through faith subscribe to such ideas. Your exact argument it one also used by the purveyors of alien invention theory as an explanation to our world.

BTW Cool photo-where's the video I've been hearing all about??

As far as the whole do aliens exist thing goes- I am disinclined to believe that of the thousands and thousands of sightings going WAY the heck back (WAY before WW2), many by trained observers (not just "drunks") like pilots, astronauts, clergymen, aircrew, not to mention huge groups of people that they are ALL wrong or lying, or delusional.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 3:16pm

Post 45 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

drspin98 wrote:

As far as the whole do aliens exist thing goes- I am disinclined to believe that of the thousands and thousands of sightings going WAY the heck back (WAY before WW2), many by trained observers (not just "drunks") like pilots, astronauts, clergymen, aircrew, not to mention huge groups of people that they are ALL wrong or lying, or delusional.
I sort of adopt the same outlook as I do with Ghost sightings etc - I'm sure that something is going on or occurring, though whether it's a sign of the supernatural/alien or something scientific we don't understand either to do with the world, energy or our own minds I don't know. smile
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 4:34pm

Post 46 of 122

FreshMentos

Force: 1667 | Joined: 10th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1141

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 4:44pm

Post 47 of 122

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

FreshMentos wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
What is even more unoriginal to me is the fact that all the supposed alien photographers use grainy black and white film. It seems that in our modern world a fairly high resolution digital camera would be more accessible in the event of an ET sighting. SRSLY?
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 5:08pm

Post 48 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

The problem I find is that the old ufo pictures captured in the 1950's 60's where in black and white and very grainy due to the camera technology back then. People would discredit the pictures by saying its a scratch on the lens, its a cloud, its a plane, its a star, its a frisbee etc... anything but what it actually was.

Nowadays any new alien pictures come out the first and only answer you get is

"FAKE! Photoshop."

So its never a win win situation, especially when you have a load of untrained non believing internet morons trying to discredit the photo without having the computer software or even the qualifications to fully examine it and determine if its legitimate or an actual photoshop.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:04pm

Post 49 of 122

jawajohnny

Force: 1965 | Joined: 14th Dec 2007 | Posts: 829

VisionLab User VideoWrap User MuzzlePlug User Windows User

Gold Member

He said an instructor at the Colorado Film School in Denver has analysed the video "very carefully" and said it was authentic.

Film School instructor Jerry Hofmann who analysed a video swears the footage is real.

He said: "There is no doubt in my mind - it's not a trick done in special effects.

"I have equipment that will test to see if that shot was recorded originally on that tape, which it was".

However, Hofmann said there's no way for him to know whether or not the alien, which was videotaped peeping through a window, is the real thing.
It would be really lame if this turns out to be some guy running around dressed like an alien.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:18pm

Post 50 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Gorion wrote:

FreshMentos wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
What is even more unoriginal to me is the fact that all the supposed alien photographers use grainy black and white film. It seems that in our modern world a fairly high resolution digital camera would be more accessible in the event of an ET sighting. SRSLY?
the guy says he shot it at night, so that would explain the darkness.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:40pm

Post 51 of 122

Bolbi

Force: 408 | Joined: 22nd Apr 2006 | Posts: 429

EffectsLab Pro User MacOS User

Gold Member

film freak wrote:

Gorion wrote:

FreshMentos wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
What is even more unoriginal to me is the fact that all the supposed alien photographers use grainy black and white film. It seems that in our modern world a fairly high resolution digital camera would be more accessible in the event of an ET sighting. SRSLY?
the guy says he shot it at night, so that would explain the darkness.
Still if I saw that outside my window i would unload a whole damn clip into it.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:56pm

Post 52 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

THE DIRECTORS wrote:

film freak wrote:

Gorion wrote:

FreshMentos wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
What is even more unoriginal to me is the fact that all the supposed alien photographers use grainy black and white film. It seems that in our modern world a fairly high resolution digital camera would be more accessible in the event of an ET sighting. SRSLY?
the guy says he shot it at night, so that would explain the darkness.
Still if I saw that outside my window i would unload a whole damn clip into it.
And then go to jail for life when it turns out to be a kid in a costume. But at least I understand why you would kill it. That thing looks extremely dangerous.

Last edited Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:59pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 7:57pm

Post 53 of 122

B3N

Force: 3081 | Joined: 26th Feb 2006 | Posts: 1534

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Dunno if anyone else can see it but can you all see a man with a tripod in the far right side of the window reflected?
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:13pm

Post 54 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Nope. Do you see a bird here?

Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:14pm

Post 55 of 122

B3N

Force: 3081 | Joined: 26th Feb 2006 | Posts: 1534

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I see a squashed turkey...
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:15pm

Post 56 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

CX3 wrote:

Nope. Do you see a bird here?

That's blatantly a 6 armed man, wearing boxing gloves with a goats head.
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:17pm

Post 57 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Mmmhmm...think *writes things down in a notebook*
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 8:23pm

Post 58 of 122

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

no its a 4 foot midget that has been thrown from a 20 story building
Posted: Sat, 31st May 2008, 9:50pm

Post 59 of 122

aenigma

Force: 480 | Joined: 5th May 2004 | Posts: 416

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

B3N wrote:

Dunno if anyone else can see it but can you all see a man with a tripod in the far right side of the window reflected?
I can barely see the fake alien let alone a guy with a tripod.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 3:14pm

Post 60 of 122

Jabooza

Force: 2743 | Joined: 21st Jul 2006 | Posts: 1446

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

film freak wrote:

Gorion wrote:

FreshMentos wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:



The word hoax is ringing in my head. unsure
That's got to be the most unoriginal, cliché Extra-terrestrial designs I've ever seen.
What is even more unoriginal to me is the fact that all the supposed alien photographers use grainy black and white film. It seems that in our modern world a fairly high resolution digital camera would be more accessible in the event of an ET sighting. SRSLY?
the guy says he shot it at night, so that would explain the darkness.
Didn't he say he used night vision? I'm pretty sure on standard camcorders (which, would probably be what he most likely filmed it with), night vision is a lot more green and has a lot less grain than that does.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 3:22pm

Post 61 of 122

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:

Looks more like a set of shelves to me.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 8:35pm

Post 62 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Larry King interview: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rS0qel5RAf4

Mockup? : http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7h1_ods_Us

It looks 2D to me. =/

Last edited Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 9:05pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 8:57pm

Post 63 of 122

jawajohnny

Force: 1965 | Joined: 14th Dec 2007 | Posts: 829

VisionLab User VideoWrap User MuzzlePlug User Windows User

Gold Member

That's not the actual video. I'm pretty sure it's a fake.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 8:59pm

Post 64 of 122

SilverDragon7

Force: 2265 | Joined: 29th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1990

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Well, it's one of those things where you'll need to see the actually full footage.

So we'll see then.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 9:06pm

Post 65 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

jawajohnny wrote:

That's not the actual video. I'm pretty sure it's a fake.
I'm starting to believe this as well. I've been thinking the real video will be pretty obviously fake, so I thought this was it. But if you watch the video alongside the still, it doesn't look the same. The still has a rounder head, and the still is much darker than the video.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 10:07pm

Post 66 of 122

er-no

Force: 9531 | Joined: 24th Sep 2002 | Posts: 3964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

That video had me creasing up with laughter.
That's a bad fake. Not even a good fake.
Posted: Mon, 2nd Jun 2008, 10:14pm

Post 67 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I don't think that video is the one the screen shot was pulled from. Of course, assuming it's fake, the "leak" would be a fake of a fake. I hate people.

Interesting that it got on Larry King. I'm interested to say the least, I love alien stuff.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 12:35am

Post 68 of 122

FreshMentos

Force: 1667 | Joined: 10th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1141

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

The alien looked like a paper cutout puppet in that video.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 12:42am

Post 69 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

FreshMentos wrote:

The alien looked like a paper cutout puppet in that video.
I thought the same thing. The video poster has now confirmed it's fake, after watching the video frame by frame along with the actual still.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 1:10am

Post 70 of 122

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

How odd - I've literally just gotten back home from a night shoot for a Channel five series we've been shooting looking at some of the UK's strangest UFO cases.

Here's a quick snap from tonight's location -



Not much, but as you can see, we had a pretty powerful lighting set up out there!

But I've been researching UFOs and other supposed alien events for the past few months now, and though a lot of these cases are interesting, it's my personal belief that almost all of the 'supposed' alien events can be explained away through much simpler explanations. I'm not saying that aliens don't exist - it's possible, even probable - that there may be other life in the universe; I just don't think that any of these aliens have visited us. At the end of the day, it just seems implausible that you'd travel millions of light years across the galaxy, just to flash some lights at a passing pedestrian, before vanishing again. I think that if aliens did exist, then they'd make their presence known much more clearly than they supposedly have already.

That's just my opinion, of course; but knowing what I do about video manipulation and the like - until I see a live alien in the flesh, I have no reason to believe that they're among us or on our planet.

Everyone in the UK keep your eyes out for a series on Channel five about UFO events in Britain. As soon as I know when the TX date is, I'll post again so you can all tune in and make up your own minds about these things!

Cheers,
Arktic.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 1:12am

Post 71 of 122

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

That to which we cannot explain we seek or eventually concoct reasoning for. This is true of aliens, ghosts, religion, purpose, etc. A general rule-of-thumb I use for stuff like this.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 1:35am

Post 72 of 122

Bucees

Force: 2477 | Joined: 4th Jun 2007 | Posts: 382

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Tarn wrote:

film freak wrote:

Here's supposedly a "picture" from the video:

Looks more like a set of shelves to me.
Oh Yeah! sure the guy had pick out the crappiest camera he could find to try and prove the most controversial, arguement in the history of mankind! slowclap
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 2:19am

Post 73 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

If you watched the interview, he was suspicious of something (not aliens) going on, and he set up the camcorder he owned and put it on night vision mode. That part of it is hardly the part to be sarcastic about. And aliens certainly isn't the most controversial topic of all time by a long shot. If you want to bring it down though, say something original; the "sh*t camera point" is too easy and doesn't say much. You could say something along the "could be a pumpkin with holes carved out" line.

I'm also a skeptic (however I find it intriguing), but I'm not going to say anything about the legitimacy of this until I see the video, as well as detailed articles. Once I see all that, I will still believe it's fake, but the X-Files fan inside me will be giddy.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 3:20am

Post 74 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Serpent wrote:

I'm also a skeptic (however I find it intriguing), but I'm not going to say anything about the legitimacy of this until I see the video, as well as detailed articles. Once I see all that, I will still believe it's fake, but the X-Files fan inside me will be giddy.
Did you just contradict yourself or were you just tryin to make a joke?

Ha, I'm lost on this whole post
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 3:26am

Post 75 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Which part of that is contradictory? Sometimes I just spill out what I'm thinking and I can't see it any other way, so it could be contradictory. But I'll translate it in a way it isn't. smile

-Talked about why it was shot on a bad camera, and why that is a silly/redundant argument.

-Pointed out that I was an alien skeptic (aliens visiting Earth, that is)

-Said that if research and video was released that made it seem legit, I still wouldn't believe it. I would just be giddy at the fictional aspect. I sort of buy those UFO shows because they are fun to buy (not as in purchase), but I know they are fake. I can see how I may be sounding contradictory now... It's more like, alien proof gets me giddy, even though I am on the "aliens are fake" side of the fence.

In conclusion, I have a contradictory attitude? and wasn't joking. smile
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 3:42am

Post 76 of 122

NickF

Force: 2726 | Joined: 4th Jun 2004 | Posts: 933

EffectsLab Pro User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 4:59am

Post 77 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Serpent wrote:

Which part of that is contradictory? Sometimes I just spill out what I'm thinking and I can't see it any other way, so it could be contradictory. But I'll translate it in a way it isn't. smile

-Talked about why it was shot on a bad camera, and why that is a silly/redundant argument.

-Pointed out that I was an alien skeptic (aliens visiting Earth, that is)

-Said that if research and video was released that made it seem legit, I still wouldn't believe it. I would just be giddy at the fictional aspect. I sort of buy those UFO shows because they are fun to buy (not as in purchase), but I know they are fake. I can see how I may be sounding contradictory now... It's more like, alien proof gets me giddy, even though I am on the "aliens are fake" side of the fence.

In conclusion, I have a contradictory attitude? and wasn't joking. smile
Ha, I got ya. It was just the "I'm not going to say anything about the legitimacy of this video" part and then right after you said "once I see all that, I will still believe its fake" haha. It put a "?" in my head boggle
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 6:44am

Post 78 of 122

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +2

Here's an interesting thought:

The problem with alien existence isn't the distance they'd had to travel, but the actual time.

Considering how vastly large the universe is, chances life only developed on one single planet is pretty small. There's, statistically, a good chance that there's at least another planet which supports life and where life could, will be or has been developed.

The problem however is the timeframe. If you look at the time the universe exists and if you look at the time life on earth exists or human beings exist (or how long the average lifeform exists before it becomes extinct, which will happen with human kind as well some day), it's basically a blink of an eye compared to a life span. Even the supposed lifetime of the planet earth itself is small compared to the universe.

So even IF life develops on two or more planets and all these life forms invent space travel and whatnot, chances they come to exist at the same time and actually meet each other is ridiculously small. About the same chance you have when you put 10 people into the same room and order them to blink once within 20 years and they do it at exactly the same time.



So obviously, I do believe that alien life could exist. There's nothing to assume another ideal life supporting planet can't develop anywhere else in the universe. But chances we actually ever meet them and they come flying to us in a spaceship playing hide and seek with us, that's something I have little faith in.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 6:25pm

Post 79 of 122

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Sollthar wrote:

So obviously, I do believe that alien life could exist. There's nothing to assume another ideal life supporting planet can't develop anywhere else in the universe. But chances we actually ever meet them and they come flying to us in a spaceship playing hide and seek with us, that's something I have little faith in.
Unless they've been here all along... Think about THAT.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 9:00pm

Post 80 of 122

jawajohnny

Force: 1965 | Joined: 14th Dec 2007 | Posts: 829

VisionLab User VideoWrap User MuzzlePlug User Windows User

Gold Member

They could be inter-dimensional beings.
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 10:28pm

Post 81 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

jawajohnny wrote:

They could be inter-dimensional beings.
From the space between spaces???? wink
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 11:05pm

Post 82 of 122

Plainly

Force: 1537 | Joined: 27th Dec 2006 | Posts: 767

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Unless they've been here all along... Think about THAT.
Then I don't think they'd be called 'aliens' anymore. wink
Posted: Tue, 3rd Jun 2008, 11:06pm

Post 83 of 122

A Pickle

Force: 1235 | Joined: 7th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1280

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Well... here's the thing.

In 1960, Dr. Frank Drake came up with an equation, largely based on conjecture, that would calculate the likely number of extraterrestrial civilizations in a given galaxy. Now, back then, our knowledge of interstellar space was virtually nil -- but now, we know alot. Lots of stars have planets, and right now, we only have the ability to see HUGE planets orbiting other stars. We have seen rocky, terrestrial planets orbiting other stars, and we have found that extrasolar planets typically orbit around stars not unlike the sun.

Modern figures put the Drake Equation at 2.3, that is to say, 2.3 civilizations per galaxy.

Sollthar, you make a good point, however... the Earth isn't particularly young compared even to the Universe. We are roughly 4.6 billion years old, and the Universe is slated to be 13 billion years old. We're almost a third the age of the Universe. It's not like human civilization, which is a blink of an eye in Universal terms (6,000 years vs 13,000,000,000 years).

It's also worth noting that galaxies that are further away from us are travelling a good deal faster. By our perception, time passes more slowly in areas that are travelling faster -- so, while 6,000 years to us is a long time, a civilization closer to the outer edge of the universe might perceive 6,000 years a few hundred or so years. This bell curve of how time slows down as speed goes up is known as the Tau factor, and it can be very significant, especially at speeds near the speed of light.

If you were to journey across the Milky Way at the speed of light, it'd take you 100,000 years. The Milky Way is 100,000 light-years across. But you wouldn't be 100,000 years old -- you'd be 30 years older than you were at the start of your journey. Since you'd be going nearly light speed, you'd be moving extraordinarily fast, and as a result, time onboard your capsule relative to us would be moving quite slowly.

Galaxies on the edge, or close to the edge of the Universe are going pretty quickly. Entire civilizations could be moving much, much more slowly (timewise) relative to us, and so it's concievable that, while they may have formed their first huts 300 million years ago, they achieved space travel perhaps 1,000 years ago.

Just a thought.
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 12:19am

Post 84 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 12:29am

Post 85 of 122

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member



Wanted for Questioning.
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 1:12am

Post 86 of 122

DVStudio

Force: 4983 | Joined: 22nd Nov 2007 | Posts: 1845

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User PhotoKey 4 User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don't know. I mean, with all of those stars... if each had a planetary system with... say... 8-9 planets... that's a lot of planets. There can't be only 1 with life. Right?

But, what do I know?
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 2:13am

Post 87 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

DVStudio wrote:


But, what do I know?
Good question...

I jest, I jest...
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 3:54am

Post 88 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I have really nothing to say. I'm just typing this to see if my banner works...

EDIT: Which it doesn't... I've never understood banners on this site... It shows it for a second and then it disappears every time... just like the ALIENS DO!

Last edited Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 4:24am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 4:02am

Post 89 of 122

Hybrid-Halo

Force: 9315 | Joined: 7th Feb 2003 | Posts: 3367

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

CX3 wrote:

I have really nothing to say. I'm just typing this to see if my banner works...

EDIT: Which it doesn't... I've never understood banners on this site... It shows it for a second and then it disappears every time
Your post has got to be over a certain height for signatures to show, you also have to have them turned on in your settings.
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 4:25am

Post 90 of 122

CX3

Force: 3137 | Joined: 1st Apr 2003 | Posts: 2527

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Hybrid-Halo wrote:

CX3 wrote:

I have really nothing to say. I'm just typing this to see if my banner works...

EDIT: Which it doesn't... I've never understood banners on this site... It shows it for a second and then it disappears every time
Your post has got to be over a certain height for signatures to show, you also have to have them turned on in your settings.
Ooooh.... Hmm...
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 7:55am

Post 91 of 122

nitrox

Force: 105 | Joined: 27th Dec 2007 | Posts: 160

Member

maybe aliens arnt aliens at all, maybe they are us from the future coming back to warn us about a major disaster or viral outbreak that happens not too long from now, which causes us to look like they do. maybe thats the reason for abductions, to find a cure from a healthy human. but then again i could be talking complete and utter bs. razz

dan
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 9:21am

Post 92 of 122

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

If you were to journey across the Milky Way at the speed of light
Which you can't - so the rest of the post is irrelevant.

wink
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 9:27am

Post 93 of 122

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Arktic wrote:

If you were to journey across the Milky Way at the speed of light
Which you can't - so the rest of the post is irrelevant.

wink
Speak for yourself.
Posted: Wed, 4th Jun 2008, 11:57pm

Post 94 of 122

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

No idea how I missed this, as this stuff always interests me.

So I'm assuming that the video hasn't been released yet?

I believe that aliens exist out there somewhere, but I don't personally believe they have visited us here on Earth yet (although the idea of it is awesome to me).

Something people seem to forget is that life is extremely diverse even on our own planet, and it was only through millions of years of evolution that man rose to be the intelligent species on the planet. If aliens did exist at all, I find the odds even MORE improbable that they'd look anything even remotely like us. A shift of our planet just a few million miles out would have drastically altered what we look like. For the aliens to be even humanoid, there would have to be a planet of roughly the same composition and even surface to water ratio... similar plant life and gravity... etc to Earth, orbiting around a star that is exactly like our sun, at the exact same distance and elliptical path. The odds of that exact scenario are slim to none, even in a universe this big.

Although I don't really believe in alien visitors, it's interesting that no one (not even scientists) seem to realize that yes, it takes millions or billions of years to get anywhere in the Universe, but if creatures elsewhere evolved living lifespans of millions of years instead of just decades, then they would have no problem journeying here.

One idea that I find interesting comes from Stanley Kubrick's intentions behind the "aliens" in 2001 A Space Odyssey. His thought was that "God" or any type of higher power, were in fact aliens. Not normal, physical aliens mind you, but aliens that have evolved so far past our current phase of evolution that they have essentially become sophisticated enough to leave their bodies behind. They'd shed their physical being and become actual spiritual parts of the Universe, for whom the normal laws of time, space, and physics don't apply.

In the movie 2001, it is these "Gods" that place a monolith for early man to find, which spurs man's evolution forward into developing tools... tools that allowed us to reach the Moon, and evolve far enough to dig up yet another monolith. When sunlight hits this monolith, it must have been dug up by humans, and a signal is sent to Jupiter, where the astronauts in the film journey to eventually reach yet another peak of evolution, with Bowman actually transforming into one of the "Star Children" himself, and becoming a part of the Universe. These aliens are in essence "God", spurring life forward, and "creating" us, and presumably cradling all life throughout the Universe this way.

I love that movie because I love that idea, and I think it's the closest anyone's ever going to get of convincing me of intelligent design (even though "God" in this instance only spurs on humanity, not the Universe itself).

Anywho, that's way off topic, and I'm eagerly awaiting this supposed video.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 12:15am

Post 95 of 122

jawajohnny

Force: 1965 | Joined: 14th Dec 2007 | Posts: 829

VisionLab User VideoWrap User MuzzlePlug User Windows User

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

So I'm assuming that the video hasn't been released yet?
No. There's only a couple of fakes of it on youtube.

Evman wrote:

it takes millions or billions of years to get anywhere in the Universe
Based on our knowledge it would take that long. That's an interesting theory on the long lifespans. I of course think that if aliens are actually visiting us, then they must be equipped with advanced technology, but I think it would be ideal for them to have longer lifespans as well.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 12:32am

Post 96 of 122

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

A lot of theories were cited in the past page or so:
-We don't know what the probability of life is.
-We don't know how old the universe is.
-Tau theory is a theory.
-etc.
And most of these are theories based on logic and our understanding of the world, not evidence really. Our understanding of the LUE certainly isn't reliable. Also, humanoid form and the way we evolved to get here makes it likely that other intelligent life would have a similar form. We also don't know much about space travel. Debating the science and likelihood of aliens may be interesting, but it's all utilizing several contradictory theories etc.

Creationism, for example, is neither true or false; it could be either. If it were true, then alien life could be entirely possible via divine intervention.

The fact that we don't really understand much makes this very difficult for anyone to debate. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but believing and proving are unrelated and no one can really prove anything at all here (not the video, but the discussion this topic has turned into, which is a very interesting discussion).

Just seems like the word "is" is being thrown around more than the word "could."
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 12:54am

Post 97 of 122

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I don't think anyone is stating anything as fact here. I know I'm simply letting my imagination ramble. Of course the true "answer to everything" is something no one has mentioned because we as simple humans can't possibly grasp it's complexity. That is, also, to assume that there would be ONE answer to everything, which is a very human idea, and not the probable reality.

We're just having fun imagining, that's all.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 1:43am

Post 98 of 122

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

Of course the true "answer to everything" is something no one has mentioned because we as simple humans can't possibly grasp it's complexity.
You're absolutely right. The answer to everything is enough to make a Russian lady's head explode. smile
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 8:33am

Post 99 of 122

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Evman wrote:

One idea that I find interesting comes from Stanley Kubrick's intentions behind the "aliens" in 2001 A Space Odyssey. His thought was that "God" or any type of higher power, were in fact aliens. Not normal, physical aliens mind you, but aliens that have evolved so far past our current phase of evolution that they have essentially become sophisticated enough to leave their bodies behind. They'd shed their physical being and become actual spiritual parts of the Universe, for whom the normal laws of time, space, and physics don't apply.
Yeah, I love 2001 for the same reasons.

The 90s TV show Babylon 5 (low budget and hammy acting in places, but AWESOME story) dealt with these issues as well, with an alien species that has evolved past the need for an actual body and has since busied itself with nurtering the younger races.

One nice idea they had in there was that the aliens have been genetically and culturally manipulating humans for thousands of years. As a result, when a human sees one of these aliens he sees a theology based image - an angel, for example, if the person was a Christian. That way the aliens have used faith and religion to instill trust and obedience in humans.

What was particularly cunning is that it was never clarified whether the aliens completely made up the concept of angels for their own purposes, or whether they were simply using the existing mythology/historical basis of angels.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 11:06am

Post 100 of 122

jgtrox2

Force: 438 | Joined: 24th May 2006 | Posts: 351

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

This isnt really about an alian but about the "UFO". I was watching on this show that came on once on my tv about people talking about how it would be possible when this guy that used to work for area 51 was talking about how the ufos used the gravitatinal fields or magnetic fields i forgot witch one. But they used that to move and sence the magnetic fields are so randome on earth that explains why the ufos are so zig zaggy when you see them (if you do). But now back to alians. In july the 4th sometime ago there was a big incident when a ufo crashed and they found somthing in it but the goverment wouldent tell what. Thats the problem. We might already be visited and already know but the goverment wont tell us. So i bet that video is fake because the goverment probley wouldent let him use it.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 6:32pm

Post 101 of 122

jgtrox2

Force: 438 | Joined: 24th May 2006 | Posts: 351

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

sorry for double post but on myspace this morning i saw a video that said actual video proof of alian life as the title. But i dident watch it because i was to scared. ( haha) But i have the link http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=35525172 that and i read this comment but havent checked it out yet
(Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:30 AM

Its Real!!!!!!!! I just saw it on CNN News a few mins ago!!!!!!! Now its on youtube http://www . youtube . com/watch?v= kTXOUxCilec )
so check it out and yall tell me if its real because i aint watchen it.
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 7:11pm

Post 102 of 122

doppelganger

Force: 134 | Joined: 16th May 2006 | Posts: 1157

MacOS User

Member

jgtrox2 wrote:


Its Real!!!!!!!! I just saw it on CNN News a few mins ago!!!!!!! Now its on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXOUxCilec
so check it out and yall tell me if its real because i aint watchen it.
Wow... I never knew black people were aliens though...
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 7:16pm

Post 103 of 122

jgtrox2

Force: 438 | Joined: 24th May 2006 | Posts: 351

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 7:23pm

Post 104 of 122

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

jgtrox2 wrote:

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
You're scared of black people?
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 7:58pm

Post 105 of 122

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

So hasn't it been way more than a day? Where's this supposed video?
Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 8:11pm

Post 106 of 122

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: -1

Fill wrote:

jgtrox2 wrote:

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
You're scared of black people?
Aren't you? wink

Only kidding...

Last edited Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 9:02pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 5th Jun 2008, 8:16pm

Post 107 of 122

jgtrox2

Force: 438 | Joined: 24th May 2006 | Posts: 351

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Fill wrote:

jgtrox2 wrote:

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
You're scared of black people?
depends
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 12:50am

Post 108 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Evman wrote:

So hasn't it been way more than a day? Where's this supposed video?
It was only released to the news in one area. It's going to "appear in a documentary" in several months. neutral
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 12:56am

Post 109 of 122

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Thrawn wrote:

Fill wrote:

jgtrox2 wrote:

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
You're scared of black people?
Aren't you? wink

Only kidding...
Yeah I am. I scream when I look at my skin.

Has this video been released, or is it just another hoax?
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 10:08am

Post 110 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Fill wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

Fill wrote:

jgtrox2 wrote:

sorry dident watch it befor i sent the message im just scared of things like that
You're scared of black people?
Aren't you? wink

Only kidding...
Yeah I am. I scream when I look at my skin.

Has this video been released, or is it just another hoax?
Two fakes have been made, that's it so far. The real thing hasn't popped up on the internet as far as I know.
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 10:15am

Post 111 of 122

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Jesus guys... Am I the only one who's annoyed by the fact that 90% of a persons post is made up by a quote? crazy

There's really no need to quote whole conversations just to add something to it. It'll only fill up the forums with nonsense and repetition.
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 1:55pm

Post 112 of 122

SilverDragon7

Force: 2265 | Joined: 29th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1990

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -3

[Mod edit: Pointless post, removed].
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 10:44pm

Post 113 of 122

Dead Iris

Force: 1329 | Joined: 24th Jul 2007 | Posts: 199

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

I'm sort of on the fence with alien life. I can't prove it exists but we can't prove that it can either. If there is alien life, it's not in our galaxy, and I doubt any other galaxy has developed the technology to travel across space in a viable amount of time.

Now I don't remember much of this crap from school, but I think even going the speed of light, it would take a lifetime to get out of the galaxy. But even then creating a vehicle to travel that fast is impossible. It doesn't matter what world your from there are still the laws of physics. No matter how advanced your technology is, it cannot defy them. Alien life visiting this planet is a child's dream. These creatures would need to survive for hundreds or even thousands of years to reach this planet.
Posted: Fri, 6th Jun 2008, 11:52pm

Post 114 of 122

Plainly

Force: 1537 | Joined: 27th Dec 2006 | Posts: 767

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

On the 25th of May, the Phoenix spacecraft successfully reached northern Mars. There, it will dig 1 metre in the ground and the possible underground ice to try to find signs of alien life, whether deceased or alive.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
Posted: Sat, 7th Jun 2008, 12:19am

Post 115 of 122

Dead Iris

Force: 1329 | Joined: 24th Jul 2007 | Posts: 199

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Plainly wrote:

On the 25th of May, the Phoenix spacecraft successfully reached northern Mars. There, it will dig 1 metre in the ground and the possible underground ice to try to find signs of alien life, whether deceased or alive.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
Life as in microorganisms I assume.
Posted: Sat, 7th Jun 2008, 12:20am

Post 116 of 122

film freak

Force: 1353 | Joined: 18th Sep 2004 | Posts: 1109

Windows User MacOS User

Member

Plainly wrote:

On the 25th of May, the Phoenix spacecraft successfully reached northern Mars. There, it will dig 1 metre in the ground and the possible underground ice to try to find signs of alien life, whether deceased or alive.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
Are we talking about next year? wink

And of course, who can forget this photo?

Posted: Mon, 9th Jun 2008, 6:34am

Post 117 of 122

NickF

Force: 2726 | Joined: 4th Jun 2004 | Posts: 933

EffectsLab Pro User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Posted: Mon, 9th Jun 2008, 5:42pm

Post 118 of 122

Plainly

Force: 1537 | Joined: 27th Dec 2006 | Posts: 767

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Mequellios wrote:

Life as in microorganisms I assume.
Naturally.
Posted: Mon, 9th Jun 2008, 9:12pm

Post 119 of 122

jawajohnny

Force: 1965 | Joined: 14th Dec 2007 | Posts: 829

VisionLab User VideoWrap User MuzzlePlug User Windows User

Gold Member

Does anyone think we will ever see this video? If it's real, wouldn't the government cover it up pretty quickly, like they have with all the other supposed sightings?
Posted: Mon, 9th Jun 2008, 9:43pm

Post 120 of 122

Kid

Force: 4177 | Joined: 1st Apr 2001 | Posts: 1876

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Mequellios wrote:

Now I don't remember much of this crap from school, but I think even going the speed of light, it would take a lifetime to get out of the galaxy. But even then creating a vehicle to travel that fast is impossible. It doesn't matter what world your from there are still the laws of physics. No matter how advanced your technology is, it cannot defy them.
Many things that we take for granted were previously thought to be impossible. The 'laws of physics' are just theories and are constantly found not to work in certain situations and refined. We will never fully understand the universe and as long as that is true there are always possibilities.

Not only would it be crazy to assume that any aliens out there couldn't be more advanced than us but also that they are even in the same form or bound by the same physical constraints.

The actual question is why would they bother to come here?
Posted: Tue, 10th Jun 2008, 12:10am

Post 121 of 122

Plainly

Force: 1537 | Joined: 27th Dec 2006 | Posts: 767

VisionLab User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Kid wrote:

The actual question is why would they bother to come here?


What else?
Posted: Tue, 10th Jun 2008, 12:54am

Post 122 of 122

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Kid wrote:

The actual question is why would they bother to come here?
Edgy. They probably just want to fill in one more solar system on their road map on the back of their intergalactic RV, duh.