Posted: Mon, 1st Sep 2008, 9:58pm
Post 1 of 3
would it be possible to have a tutorial on the Alpha Channel effect applied to text? Like the effect in the Web Site overview where the flames burn inside the FX Lab Studio?
Thanks a lot
Posted: Mon, 1st Sep 2008, 10:29pm
Post 2 of 3
1. Import your alpha text image into CompositeLab or VisionLab.
2. For CompositeLab, import your footage of the flames you want to use. For VisionLab, either import the fire footage or create a particle fire effect to fill the text.
3. Add the Fire footage to the timeline.
4. Apply an Object mask to the fire footage.
5. In the Inspector for the object mask, select the text image file you imported earlier as the Alpha Source.
That's all there is to it.
Posted: Fri, 19th Sep 2008, 3:26am
Post 3 of 3
very cool i've been wondering how to do this. thanks for the info it helps a lot.