You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Jennifer's Body AKA Megan Fox's Body

How many girls do you know that are hotter than Megan Fox?

None, I feel sad11%[ 3 ]
A few, I live in the real world70%[ 19 ]
Loads! I'm deluded!19%[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

Posted: Thu, 6th Aug 2009, 8:14pm

Post 1 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

The long awaited trailer is out, and if you thought Transformers was about Megan Fox's body, you haven't heard about Jennifer's Body.

1080p
720p
480p

The movie has been famous ever since behind the scenes pictures of Megan Fox topless surfaced on the net (wearing pasties in case you were wondering razz), but it is also known for being what screenwriter Diablo Cody chose to write, right after winning The Academy Award for Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen for Juno (2007). The reason people thought this was strange was because most people don't follow up their Academy Award by writing and producing movies about Megan Fox's sexiness. So the plot she came up with was this:

Megan Fox plays a sexy, popular cheerleader named Jennifer that everyone wants to be friends with and, in the boys' case, date. Amanda Seyfried plays Needy—a nerdy plain jane, Jennifer's friend since childhood. Jennifer ends up as the sacrifice in a Satanic ritual, held by a rock band, hoping that the sacrifice will increase their chances of getting a record deal. The ritual goes horribly wrong and Jennifer becomes possessed by a demon and begins to feed off of the boys in her high school—first seducing them to get close, and then eating them as meals. It becomes Needy's goal to stop Jennifer from killing more of her classmates.


Reading this outline, you might think this is a pornographic film. I have to admit that I'll be seeing it, if only to find out if we are expected to be scared by Megan Fox's character or if we are just supposed to see what she means by "I go both ways". Most of all I want to know if there is more to the film than what the trailer shamelessly throws at all the teenage boys out there, or if Diablo Cody proves that the Academy Award is worth it's metal and that a screenwriter of her caliber can make any premise into a great movie (granted I didn't get what all the fuss was about after seeing Juno. When it comes to screenwriting I hold scripts like The Prestige, The Fellowship of the Ring and Toy Story in high regard).

In any case, to all those people who said in the Transformers thread that you would be seeing TF2 because Megan Fox is sexy; your prayers have been answered. She kisses Amanda Seyfried in it! hugegrin

Last edited Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 12:23pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 6th Aug 2009, 8:41pm

Post 2 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

This looks like garbage.

I thought Megan Fox was cool after the first Transformers. I'm starting to dislike her very much.

I like actresses that can actually act instead of being forced into movies simply for their sex appeal.
Posted: Thu, 6th Aug 2009, 8:47pm

Post 3 of 106

DVStudio

Force: 4983 | Joined: 22nd Nov 2007 | Posts: 1845

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User PhotoKey 4 User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Fill wrote:


I like actresses that can actually act instead of being forced into movies simply for their sex appeal.
Yeah, you know, I thought she was alright in Transformers, some shots were pretty hot, but when I saw this preview at the movies, I thought to myself, and apparently said out loud "b!tch" I know I must have said it because my girlfriend shot me one-of-those looks as if to say wtf. Yeah, went over real well... wink

Anyways, I will not see this movie. esides looking absolutely horrible, it doesn't appeal to me. Shamlessly displays Fox as a sex symbol and that's disappointing. Will probably appeal to a bunch of teens though.
Posted: Thu, 6th Aug 2009, 9:15pm

Post 4 of 106

Limey

Force: 547 | Joined: 11th Sep 2005 | Posts: 752

Gold Member

looks pretty good to me.
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 12:40am

Post 5 of 106

RodyPolis

Force: 805 | Joined: 28th Apr 2007 | Posts: 1839

CompositeLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

No, I kill boys! haha
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 1:07am

Post 6 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

The Top Two Reasons I Will Not See This Movie:

1. Megan Fox can't act.
2. Diablo Cody can't write.

It's a twofer. This will either tank horribly because people will realize these facts, or it will be nominated for an Oscar because Diablo Cody is a genius, and I just don't "get it."
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 2:40am

Post 7 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

By the way, did anyone see the atrocious list of bands featured in the soundtrack? Panic at the Disco?

...Kill me.
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 3:53am

Post 8 of 106

JasonX1024

Force: 1390 | Joined: 13th Jan 2008 | Posts: 492

VisionLab User Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

I'm going to see it because I like the outline, but it has a cheesy 2000's horror feel where all the movies try to be super scary instead of being scary and interesting in the plot, but none do the trick like the old ones. In other words it feels like the preview for my bloody valentine .... 'nuff said smile
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 4:13am

Post 9 of 106

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Haha, I love how people try to justify watching the film because of an "interesting plot" when the absolute only reason any guy will see this is because of Megan Fox. You gotta give the creators credit for not trying to hide the main attraction: Jennifers Body.

But no, Megan Fox alone isn't enough to get me to spend $10. Put her together with bad ass robots, however...
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 4:16am

Post 10 of 106

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Fill wrote:

By the way, did anyone see the atrocious list of bands featured in the soundtrack? Panic at the Disco?

...Kill me.
Gladly! *chop*

Now, who else hates Panic at the Disco?
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 4:21am

Post 11 of 106

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Megan Fox can act. I never thought I'd say it, but she can. It may not be the best, but it's certainly massively improved over the first Transformers film and, as much of abitch as people seem to assume she is, I really kind of like her in movies besides her unparamounted hotness. Although people fundamentally disagree with me on the substantialness of Transformers 2 as a good movie; I think most will at least partially agree Megan Fox acted fairly decently in it. In fact, I found her rather witty and likable in it. Which leads me to the irony of this:

Megan Fox can play some baseline form of witty, and she can play abitch. Seems like both together would be natural with Diablo Cody, right? Well, I don't think so as much- although I know you guys hardly diagree with me, so there's no real point to make there.

Diablo Cody and Megan Fox is a big tradeup, I think. And a nasty one. Hipster girls will want to see it for the snarky Diablo Codyisms, but be turned off by the thought of all the annoying men in the theater just watching Megan Fox and the movie's focus on her body.

Conversely, I fear hotness-seeking men will want to see it for Megan Fox being Megan Fox, and of course her body, and will be turned off (perhaps even much more severely) by the prospect of all of the annoying hipster girls in the theater just watching the Diablo Cody script; and the unbearable Diablo Codyisms/pretentious bullshit writing the movie is likely laiden itself in.

Really, this was like delivering a stillborn baby from the get-go. Megan Fox isn't bankable with a road block clash of fanbase like Diablo Cody, Diablo Cody isn't bankable with a road block clash of fanbase like Megan Fox. However well the two stars may mesh, they're audience pulls will not. This is the same problem comedic actor teamups with dramatic directors have. Why they don't work- their fanbases turn eachother off of the movie entirely. (Any good dramatic Adam Sandler movie, for instance. Yes, they exist. And are good.)

My thoughts? Worth seeing to talk sh!t about and about how much of a hack Diablo Cody is later on and see Megan Fox. Together the two factors almost warrant the ticket. But, no, this does not look at all like any inkling of a good movie. Really, rather terrible and one-note-of-a-plot-entirely-shown-in-trailer.
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 12:45pm

Post 12 of 106

pdrg

Force: 5405 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 4143

VisionLab User Windows User

Gold Member

Writer and shameless self-publicist Diabolo Cody, writer of 2007 Original Screenplay "Juno", eh? For a film about the decision of young couple who get pregnant and discuss abortion etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny,_Juno

2005 Korean film called "Jenny, Juno" about a couple of kids in school, she falls pregnant, they discuss abortion etc...

Her 'Original' film is a complete copy, yet she calls it a "coincidence". Same story, same plot, same ages, same NAME even. Utterly shameless.
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 3:13pm

Post 13 of 106

doppelganger

Force: 134 | Joined: 16th May 2006 | Posts: 1157

MacOS User

Member

Yikes...

The best thing about Juno was Jason Bateman, of couse I didnt hate the movie as much as most people did, but its really pathetic if (most likely did) copy that Korean film.

The soundtrack I dont even really understand. Does the movie have a score? Or are the bands just doing there songs. I really couldnt see it working either way, these guys arent Jonny Greenwood.

Cobra Starship and Panic at the Disco... who does this kind of thing?

Oh and Megan Fox doesnt look that hot in this or anywhere for that matter. She just looks really, really slutty.
Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 4:04pm

Post 14 of 106

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

No. (this isn't a reply to anyone else's post. Just my feelings on the movie in general)

Last edited Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 9:10pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Fri, 7th Aug 2009, 5:53pm

Post 15 of 106

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

No.

Megan Fox is 'that hot'. She's slutty, too- but don't discount her hotness. She's hot, I'll give it to her.

As for the Jenny-Juno movie, pdrg, as much as I despise Juno as a movie it is original. Not a copy of that film at all. In fact, aside from being about pregnancy and having a character named Juno, there really aren't any striking similarities. I hate to give Diablo Cody credit on something here, but her script is not a copy off of that. The movie is about Jenny and Juno (the father) keeping the pregnancy a secret from their parents. Juno isn't about that at all, and the father figure Michael Cera is barely in the movie. And even if it was, it isn't the name or premise that got the movie and script attention and success. It was/is the snarky 'lingo' it used so heavily in dialogue- of which I'm more than positive Jenny-Juno didn't have.

It's like if I made a movie set in the future about something completely random and had my characters named Connor and John. Just because there exists a movie also set in the future with a character that is named John Connor doesn't mean I copied it, you know? Let alone make it 'shameless'.
Posted: Sun, 9th Aug 2009, 4:50am

Post 16 of 106

JoelM

Force: 560 | Joined: 7th Jun 2004 | Posts: 349

EffectsLab Lite User FXpreset Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Atom wrote:

As for the Jenny-Juno movie, as much as I despise Juno as a movie it is original. Not a copy of that film at all.
So I guess you would consider great titles from Asylum Entertainment such as Snakes on a Train (2006), AVH: Aliens vs Hunter (2007), Sunday School Musical (2008), The Day the Earth Stopped (2008), Transmorphers (2007), and Transmorphers 2: Fall of Man (2009) as original as well? If so that's one hell of an inspiration someone had from other films.

I don't really think blurring some details and (for example's sake) giving a character a hook for his right hand and naming him Bill rather than giving him a hook for his left and naming him Will as in a very similar film that came before, bearing a near identical story as original content, let alone have it not only nominated, but win the highest recognized award in film, an Oscar, as original content.
Posted: Sun, 9th Aug 2009, 6:08am

Post 17 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Reborn777 wrote:

Oh and Megan Fox doesnt look that hot in this or anywhere for that matter.
Yeah, I bet you see people like her all the time. biggrin

Come on, I don't think she's the hottest person in the world, but she is that hot. Also, though the lesbian subtext and slutty clothing in this movie are definite turn-ons, the biting off peoples' limbs (and maybe genitals?!) is just a gigantic turn-off, thereby negating the previous turn-ons from the other stuff in the film.

Yeah, horror movies with seductive chicks are good. But if I see Megan Fox open jaws and bite someone's face off, I'm not thinking "oh, this is a movie made just so that Megan Fox can look hot."
Posted: Sun, 9th Aug 2009, 9:34pm

Post 18 of 106

doppelganger

Force: 134 | Joined: 16th May 2006 | Posts: 1157

MacOS User

Member

I'll be honest she's hot, but not enough for somebody to go lets make a movie where she is so beautiful that she is able to get boys in abandoned housed and eat there bodies...

I mean, who wants to have sex with this?



If she looked this good in the movie, then bring it on.


The line "I only eat boys" made me laugh so hard because of how incredibly awful the acting was... wow.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 12:26am

Post 19 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I see women better looking, and less trashy than Megan Fox every single day in downtown Portland. No, she's not that hot. She's hot enough that teenage boys are going to go see movies she's in, and that's it, and that's the reason she gets cast.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 4:07am

Post 20 of 106

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I see we're back to playing the hilariously, embarassingly preposterous 'I know/talk to/hang out with/am friends with/date people "hotter than Megan Fox" everyday' game.

Please, guys, come on. I go to a large state school consistently ranked in the top 3 to 5 of 'Hottest College Campuses' and even I can only barely claim that I see people close to as hot as her every once in a while; let alone everyday.

Megan Fox is good at something, give her credit where she deserves it. And, above all:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Someone told Megan Fox she was hot, she didn't just think it on her own (and even if she did, that's not enough to get her anywhere near she is now). The public has and continues to think she's hot- because, well, she is. She didn't just 'fool' everyone into thinking she's something that she's not- especially something entirely based on appearance.

Look, she's a naturally pretty person, I'll say it. And she, almost effortlessly, pulls off 'hotness' on a 24/7 basis. Come on. I hate to argue something so stupid and trivial but you guys are being ridiculous.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 4:33am

Post 21 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Hahaha

This is 100% subjective, man. There's no denying that Megan Fox gets work because she's attractive, but to deny that someone sees better looking women on the street every day is ludicrous. For all you know, my mail carrier is a supermodel.

And don't be modest, you LOVE to argue about trivial things. smile
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 5:12am

Post 22 of 106

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Subjective as it may be, that's precisely why saying something like 'I see hotter people everyday' as if it's fact (disregarding, of course, that you're talking about Megan Fox and that it is already a tremendous stretch) is absolutely preposterous.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 5:31am

Post 23 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

I'm sure there are people who regard her as a goddess, and those who think she's ugly as sin. How is this worth arguing over?

I can say as a fact that I see hotter people every day, simply because I don't think Megan Fox is all that. I'm not trying to tell you the world is flat. Get oooover it.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 11:05am

Post 24 of 106

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Base line is that Megan Fox is hot enough to cause geeks to start arguing online over whether they know hotter people or not.

Attractiveness is subjective, but there are certain elements that are more generically attractive than others, to a wider range of people. Megan Fox clearly ticks a lot of boxes for a huge number of people, hence her success. Whether you, personally, find her attractive or not or how many hot people you know 'in real life' is largely irrelevant, because all that matters is whether the general moviegoing/magazine buying public find her attractive - and they clearly do. As such, casting her in Jennifer's Body was an extremely savvy move.

I'm with Atom on this one, though, in that it's highly amusing that people even feel the need to debate this.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 4:45pm

Post 25 of 106

Tim L

Force: 580 | Joined: 4th Aug 2006 | Posts: 297

Windows User

Member

Aculag wrote:

(referring to Atom) And don't be modest, you LOVE to argue about trivial things. smile
Ha! I loved that! I almost got my credit card out to buy one of the 'Lab products just so I could +1 you.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 5:01pm

Post 26 of 106

No Respite Productions

Force: 985 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 482

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Let's face it, if she came on to anyone in this forum... you would, you know you would. You wouldn't be sat there thinking "well this is very nice of you but I know at least five women more attractive than you."

You'd be tearing her t-shirt off with your clammy nervous hands quicker than Superman on 20 Espressos.

Anyway, I'm going to fully accept that this film looks like trash, but to me that seemed to be the whole point of the premise. Instead of the ultra-attractive high school prom queen being a bitch, this time she's an actual fully paid up pyscho monster.

So to me, complaining that Megan Fox was hired for this film purely on her good looks seems to be missing the point somewhat.

Anyway, back to my Megan Fox fantasy. Hmmm yes, don't worry dear I'll be gentle... my what sharp teeth you ha... OH MY GOD NOT THE FACE! YAARRRGH.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 5:16pm

Post 27 of 106

rogolo

Force: 5436 | Joined: 29th May 2005 | Posts: 1513

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 4 User MacOS User

Gold Member

No Respite Productions wrote:

You'd be tearing her t-shirt off with your clammy nervous hands quicker than Superman on 20 Espressos. [...] Hmmm yes, don't worry dear I'll be gentle... my what sharp teeth you ha...
Never, never, NEVER write like that again. Never.

It's just damn creepy. A simple link to this image would have illustrated your point without those worrisome predatory overtones.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 7:07pm

Post 28 of 106

FreshMentos

Force: 1667 | Joined: 10th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1141

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

This movie looks horrible. Megan Fox is an attractive person, but although I know nothing of her life, what I have observed from her so far is that she seems trashy. For me, half of what attracts me to girl is who they are. Would I do Megan Fox? Without a doubt. Would I ever get into a relationship with her? HELL NO.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 7:26pm

Post 29 of 106

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

God, she looks outright ugly in this film.... crazy
She was somewhat good looking in Transformers, but this... seriously... Trailer looks terrible too. Ah well.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 7:53pm

Post 30 of 106

TheOutlawAmbulance

Force: 931 | Joined: 16th Dec 2008 | Posts: 938

EffectsLab Pro User VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

No Respite Productions wrote:

Let's face it, if she came on to anyone in this forum... you would, you know you would. You wouldn't be sat there thinking "well this is very nice of you but I know at least five women more attractive than you."

You'd be tearing her t-shirt off with your clammy nervous hands quicker than Superman on 20 Espressos.
Bow chicka wowt wow. Giggity, Giggity, Goo.

Last edited Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 11:24pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 9:29pm

Post 31 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Half the people in this forums just need to get to college, and THEN revise what they think of Megan Fox and relationships and 'do'-ing her and others.

Because, right now, most of these peoples' so-called "opinions" are........well, laughable. I'm laughing at them right now. And I suppose I might get a -1 or so for this, but Christ, people. Megan Fox is hot. Wouldn't get into a relationship with her? You've never met her! You know almost nothing about her!

biggrin
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 9:50pm

Post 32 of 106

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I'd say most people should get OUT of college in order to properly talk about relationships... wink

I wouldn't "do" her. Don't find her very attractive myself. But then again, I do in fact know very little about her despite the fact that she's incredibly thin.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 10:11pm

Post 33 of 106

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

Half the people in this forums just need to get to college, and THEN revise what they think of Megan Fox and relationships and 'do'-ing her and others.

Because, right now, most of these peoples' so-called "opinions" are........well, laughable. I'm laughing at them right now. And I suppose I might get a -1 or so for this, but Christ, people. Megan Fox is hot. Wouldn't get into a relationship with her? You've never met her! You know almost nothing about her!

biggrin
Uh, excuse me if I'm wrong, but how does a college education make someone more qualified to have an opinion? Some/most people find Megan Fox hot, others don't. That's it. End of story. Your opinion is no more legit then someone elses, because there's no right answer. Everyone has different tastes, and girls don't have to live up a written standard to be considered "hot". unsure

But, granted, it's just about impossible to determine if you would "get into a relationship with her" when you don't even know her.
Posted: Mon, 10th Aug 2009, 10:15pm

Post 34 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I know attractiveness is subjective, but come oooooooon. I know also that 'hotness' is also based on stereotypes, but not wanting to 'do' Megan Fox is like telling me that chicks in the northeast US are hotter than girls in the south! Or that girls here are hotter than Brazilian chicks. I'm operating heavily off of steretypes here, so sue me, but I'm wagering that most of the chicks I know here at the university are a lot hotter than the ones the people in their early/mid-teens who are still in highschool in the northeast or midwest see on a daily basis. I'm pretty cocksure about this, but forgive me if I'm wrong. It's just all these "I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole" attitudes are things I'm laughing out loud at.

If we were talking about someone more odd-looking, even, like Christina Ricci or Summer Glau I could see where you're coming from. But Megan Fox? Come oooooooooooooooon.

When we speak in terms of 'do' someone, we're talking about dicks and testosterone, so don't make it anything other than that or try to sound fancy. This thread is titled 'Megan Fox's body' for chrissakes.....

Go somewhere (Portland might actually be a good location, come to think of it) where there's actually hoardes of hot people, and then I think everyone can have room to talk. I know where I am, there are. And oooooh I'm sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings - this thread is about what I'm talking about.

EDIT:

What? No, a college education doesn't make you more right, dude. It's the people you'll meet there, likely the hookups you'll have, etc. Highschool and middle school and the like are just.........well, they're not the same. Since we're talking about Megan Fox, have you seen Transformers 2? The bits where he's in college, and the hot chicks are all over the place and the party is insane? That's what it was like when I got to college. I wouldn't imagine it's like that EVERYWHERE, particularly not outside of the US, but I think a lot of Universities are a similar 'breeding ground' for hotness. Sorry, sometimes I just need to remind myself that this is an internet forum and the women people on here know are probably from all.........walks of life?

It's hard to describe what I'm trying to say, so I won't try. biggrin
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 12:57am

Post 35 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

If we were talking about someone more odd-looking, even, like Christina Ricci or Summer Glau I could see where you're coming from. But Megan Fox? Come oooooooooooooooon.
Summer Glau is SO much hotter than Megan Fox. smile

My word, this thread has gotten creepy.

ben3308 wrote:

Sorry, sometimes I just need to remind myself that this is an internet forum and the women people on here know are probably from all.........walks of life?
Haha, I think threads like this are the reason there aren't many women folk around here. The testosterone levels on this forum are through the roof. Add to that the fact that most of the members are horny teenagers and, well... you get the idea. smile Homegrown digital effects leads to compelling conversations about dicks and "doing" celebrities. wink
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 1:10am

Post 36 of 106

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

She's hot, however, I do see girls that hot about once a week.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 2:15am

Post 37 of 106

DVStudio

Force: 4983 | Joined: 22nd Nov 2007 | Posts: 1845

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User PhotoKey 4 User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

The testosterone levels on this forum are through the roof.... Homegrown digital effects leads to compelling conversations about dicks and "doing" celebrities. wink
Haha. Good times. Good times. smile

I seriously misunderestimated the creapiness of this thread

Ha. My girlfriend is hotter than Fox IMHO hugegrin No, I'll give her (Fox that is) that she's hot, however slutty, but hot. Just not the hottest chick on the planet.

Storm- WTH was that?!? crazy I'm a little creeped out.

DV- out
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 2:29am

Post 38 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Summer Glau is SO much hotter than Megan Fox. smile
Most of the time, I would agree with you. I'm just saying people with more 'unique' facial features are more open to 'oh, she's not hot' judgment, if you will.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 2:44am

Post 39 of 106

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

ben3308 wrote:

Most of the time, I would agree with you. I'm just saying people with more 'unique' facial features are more open to 'oh, she's not hot' judgment, if you will.
One question...why do you care?


It's one thing to argue in a pointless discussion. It's just plain laughable to care about one. confused
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 3:39am

Post 40 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

AHHH! People are expressing their taste in a subject! Quick! Act like your opinion is objective before it's too late!
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 5:59am

Post 41 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

The topic is about Megan Fox. Short of taste, there's nothing else to really discuss.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 6:29am

Post 42 of 106

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Here's the problem with all these "opinion" threads:

Person A: Hey, check out this donkey!
Person B: I think the donkey looks ugly.
Person C: I think the donkey is beautiful
Person B: Ah, I thought its teeth kinda made it look stupid.
Person C: Dude, quit treating your opinion like fact.
Person B: What? You too!
Person D: Person B sucks!


Quit telling people to stop developing on their opinion, and contribute to the conversation instead. Who the hell cares if someone is "treating their opinion as fact"? I think it's interesting to see what they think, don't you?
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 7:35am

Post 43 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

You're now telling me to not tell others to state their opinions. This is a pointless thread to begin with, Christ, I'm allowed to say whatever I want; within reason.

Don't tell me what to do, please.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 8:03am

Post 44 of 106

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Rating: +4

The absolute funniest thing about this topic is the assumption that Megan Fox would want to 'do' any of you lot.

The second funniest thing is the use of the euphemism 'do'.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 8:35am

Post 45 of 106

Joshua Davies

Force: 25400 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 3029

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

FXhome Team Member

Rating: +1

Were any of you this kid? wink

Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 9:03am

Post 46 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

If we were talking about someone more odd-looking, even, like Christina Ricci or Summer Glau I could see where you're coming from.
eek

I was going to read all the replys and make a real post about my stance in all this "Is Megan Fox that hot?" business, but after you dissed the single most godlike looking being on Earth I had to voice my outrage. Even if you just meant that she isn't "mainstream hot" (which I believe she is) you did say "Odd-looking" and Summer Glau in the same sentence. This is seriously shocking.


EDIT: Okey, I have calmed down and am ready to make a reply. razz

Tarn wrote:

The absolute funniest thing about this topic is the assumption that Megan Fox would want to 'do' any of you lot.

The second funniest thing is the use of the euphemism 'do'.
First off, this made my day. I'm still laughing out loud. biggrin

Also regarding Megan Fox, I have to say; I think she is overrated. Yes, she is very hot, but a lot of the things that get her +1s from many guys, have nothing to do with her looks. I have given a lot of thought to why guys let a (then) nobody like her suddenly become "The Hottest Girl On The Planet" out of nowhere after TF1 when infinitely more deserving girls (Summer Glau, Kristen Bell, Scarlett Johansson, hell, even Kristin Kreuk) were left in the dust.

First lets look at the moment people knew she was "The Hottest Girl On The Planet". Why did this moment set her apart from all the other hot women? 1. She is way out of the guy she is with's league. It gave all those "horny teenagers" (mentioned in this thread) hope. 2. And, this is more important: It's the car. You heard me. Cars are sexual objects to us guys, that why you have pictures like this. Us guys just can't help it when a girl does what she did in that scene. Michael Bay truly is a genius of his craft (I am referring to making car commercials as that is what he does when he's not blowing stuff up). 3. Her name. Megan Fox is one of the sexiest names in the world (it's almost as if we were meant to nickname her: MegaFox). I can almost state that as fact.

Does this mean she deserves to be "The Hottest Girl On The Planet"?

Not to me. Just like a TV is only as good as it is when all the settings are at 50% (i.e. Brightness, contrast etc.) I think the same should be said in this "contest" if you call it that, if it's all about superficial looks. She isn't any better looking, face or body-wise, than many other famous girls. She was just fortunate that her first big outing was with Michael Bay. Look at her without a name to the face and tell me honestly that she couldn't be any good looking model posing for Maxim?

Now over to the "Do I see girls as hot as her every day?". No. Not in my opinion. Norwegians are very good looking, but the picture of beauty here is unfortunately: light blond with a face full of makeup. Girls who are seen as "hot" here look like mannequins and all the girls who want to be "hot" go for the same look. Blond is a very common hair color here, and these days whoever isn't blond is dyeing. I don't know if it's my love of uniqueness and individualism, but I prefer brunettes, and even redheads over light blond (which is where Megan Fox gets her biggest + in my book, if she dyes her hair blond sometime, she will look so uninteresting it's not even funny). And its common knowledge that most guys here don't like the mannequin look, but teenage girls (I guess if I ever went to college here, like Ben is saying I would probably see hotter girls than her on a daily basis) are so insecure that my theory is that they wear the ton of make-up to hide behind it . Like wearing sunglasses all the time. So when I see a girl who dares to show me her real face, that is so much more attractive. And that tanning thing they have in their face 24/7 literally makes their skin look orange. confused !?

EDIT (again): To further my point, does this girl look any more than a plain person? Who here was not remotely turned on when she (for the record I think she looks scary in that picture) climbed onto Shia LaBeouf in TF2? Michael Bay has some skills at making girls hot. That accounts for at least a quarter of Megan Fox's "hotness".

Last edited Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 1:23pm; edited 5 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 5:20pm

Post 47 of 106

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Staff, You must be crazy. Sweden and Norway have some of the hottest women anywhere, ever.

EDIT:

I've met quite a lot of Very, very hot Swedes/Nords here in Chicago. Not sure what kind of thing they're into over there, but the Americanized version is great.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 5:35pm

Post 48 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Yes, but you get spoiled after a while (when going overseas, as a Norwegian, you notice that the density of good looking people lessens in some places. I have heard other people I know say they notice this as well.), and now that I'm finishing high school girls are looking better than they did in, say, middle school (when the ton of makeup thing is at its worst). Still, even though there are many good looking girls here, Megan Fox is that hot as Atom and Tarn put it. Norwegian or not, it would be a lie to say that hotter girls than her are everywhere here. But there is no denying that there is a lot of very good looking girls here.

The main point of my post was that Megan Fox is overrated, because she's so supremely, overblownly (I know that's not a word razz) highly rated.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 6:19pm

Post 49 of 106

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

You're now telling me to not tell others to state their opinions. This is a pointless thread to begin with, Christ, I'm allowed to say whatever I want; within reason.

Don't tell me what to do, please.
Dunno if you were referring to me, but that's the opposite of what I said. I was saying people should stop complaining about people supposedly treating their opinion as fact, because that's just what it looks like when people share their opinion.

In other words, any time I respond in a thread with my own opinion opposing someone else's, I just want to see what the person will reply. Because it's interesting.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 6:21pm

Post 50 of 106

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

I met Megan Fox once, and she couldn't keep her hands off me. However, I wouldn't do her... but I would let her do me.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 6:59pm

Post 51 of 106

No Respite Productions

Force: 985 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 482

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Coureur de Bois wrote:

I met Megan Fox once, and she couldn't keep her hands off me. However, I wouldn't do her... but I would let her do me.
And that is what makes you a true gentleman.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 7:19pm

Post 52 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Coureur de Bois wrote:

I met Megan Fox once, and she couldn't keep her hands off me. However, I wouldn't do her... but I would let her do me.
Yeah right, is that you Seth Rogen? razz
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 8:48pm

Post 53 of 106

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Staff Only wrote:

Coureur de Bois wrote:

I met Megan Fox once, and she couldn't keep her hands off me. However, I wouldn't do her... but I would let her do me.
Yeah right, is that you Seth Rogen? razz
That video made my day haha..
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 10:48pm

Post 54 of 106

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Pooky wrote:

I was saying people should stop complaining about people supposedly treating their opinion as fact, because that's just what it looks like when people share their opinion.

In other words, any time I respond in a thread with my own opinion opposing someone else's, I just want to see what the person will reply. Because it's interesting.
A simple "Well, why do you believe x is true?" doesn't suffice?

I don't believe letting others misunderstand your stance on a topic is good for anything.

If you don't point out the opinion earlier on in a discussion, you still end up having to do it anyway later when people stop caring about why someone might have a different opinion and start caring about solely the existence of that different opinion, which happens to also be when only 3 or 4 users are left arguing.

I understand what you're getting at Pooky...you can't shut someone down who is trying to explain his position. But surely, since people's posts, as you point out, look more fact than opinion, then isn't that what prohibits others from fully developing their opinions? The issue then is that people just don't know how to tell fact from opinion.
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 11:21pm

Post 55 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

mVPstar wrote:

The issue then is that people just don't know how to tell fact from opinion.
Or the contrary: people don't realize their opinion is not fact. But I could be wrong. razz
Posted: Tue, 11th Aug 2009, 11:28pm

Post 56 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Fill wrote:

mVPstar wrote:

The issue then is that people just don't know how to tell fact from opinion.
Or the contrary: people don't realize their opinion is not fact. But I could be wrong. razz
Or maybe it's that opinion don't know when their fact isn't people.
Posted: Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 2:46am

Post 57 of 106

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Fill wrote:

mVPstar wrote:

The issue then is that people just don't know how to tell fact from opinion.
Or the contrary: people don't realize their opinion is not fact. But I could be wrong. razz
Or maybe it's that opinion don't know when their fact isn't people.
Wouldn't opinion then not know fact from people, or does that really mean wrong is not could?
Posted: Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 4:15am

Post 58 of 106

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Pooky wrote:

Aculag wrote:

Fill wrote:

mVPstar wrote:

The issue then is that people just don't know how to tell fact from opinion.
Or the contrary: people don't realize their opinion is not fact. But I could be wrong. razz
Or maybe it's that opinion don't know when their fact isn't people.
Wouldn't opinion then not know fact from people, or does that really mean wrong is not could?
Confusing conversations are the best.
Posted: Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 8:57pm

Post 59 of 106

FreshMentos

Force: 1667 | Joined: 10th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1141

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

schwar wrote:

Were any of you this kid? wink

I told you not to post that Schwar!
Posted: Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 9:01pm

Post 60 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I knew I remembered that face from somewhere!
Posted: Wed, 12th Aug 2009, 9:36pm

Post 61 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

That photoshop makes him look a bit like Charlie Sheen.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 12:32am

Post 62 of 106

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Zooey Deschanel. That is all.

EDIT:



Is it weird that I consider this one of the hottest pictures ever? Probably. Do I care? Not at all.

Last edited Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 12:29am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 12:33am

Post 63 of 106

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Yesyesyes.

Half, though, because of her eyes and the fact she spells her name with double Os.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 1:46am

Post 64 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Just imagine how hot she'd be if there were THREE Os! wink
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 7:50am

Post 65 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

Zooey Deschanel. That is all.
I agree, she is in my top 3.


Although 1. will always be (The Angel): Summer Glau.



2.



Her eyes. stun
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 5:26pm

Post 66 of 106

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

Zooey Deschanel. That is all.
And/or Katy Perry.

I'm having trouble understanding the Summer Glau worshipping, though. Is it just because she was in Firefly/Serenity?
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 5:52pm

Post 67 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

My rationale for why most people like Summer Glau is that she's been in a few nerd-followed series, so that general demographic likes her above others. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's an attractive person, but unlike Megan Fox, I would wager I see people with more attractive faces on a daily - nay, hourly - basis. Looking at the picture above, I think "seriously? That's the most sexually attractive person you've ever seen?"

I mean, if it were a different picture things might be different. But that candid isn't doing this 'contest' any favors. If you'd posted this picture....


....then you may have people agreeing with you. But even then, it's just Glau glammed up to look different from her normal self, looking very similar to Olivia Wilde who is known as a Megan Fox doppelganger in the first place.



Just sayin'.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 7:30pm

Post 68 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

looking very similar to Olivia Wilde who is known as a Megan Fox doppelganger in the first place.
If Olivia Wilde is known as a Megan Fox doppelganger, isn't this creepy?

Megan Fox wrote:

Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She's mesmerizing.
So she's basically mesmerized by herself? slowclap

ben3308 wrote:

I Mean, if it were a different picture things might be different. But that candid isn't doing this 'contest' any favors. If you'd posted this picture....



....then you may have people agreeing with you. But even then, it's just Glau glammed up to look different from her normal self
I think that's why I chose the picture I chose (and I wasn't really trying to champion Glau as "The Official FXhome 'Hot Girl' #1 2009" or anything. Just stating my opinion). I think she looks really, really good just smiling (she has such a beautiful smile), and doesn't need half the airbrushing Megan Fox is used to (let's not forget, we are pretty sure Fox, by comparing photos of her, has had some plastic surgery that gives her face that 'perfect proportions' look).

Also (going back on my word about not taking the person into account when judging appearances), Glau has a lot of known attributes that give her major +1s:

1. She's an accomplished dancer (that's why she is wearing that in the image you posted.), if that isn't attractive I don't know what is.
2. She seems modest, intelligent, and caring every time she makes an appearance (and you can tell it's not forced). She also has a very good reputation with how she treats fans.
3. She has the body of a dancer (this must be one of the most sexually attractive things in a woman).
4. She has an amazing presence on screen. We were impressed by River Tam, yes, but she adds a lot of subtlety to her role as Terminator Cameron in The Sarah Connor Chronicles:

Last edited Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 8:45am; edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 7:33pm

Post 69 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Pooky wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding the Summer Glau worshipping, though. Is it just because she was in Firefly/Serenity?
It's because lots of people think she's smokin hot? How is that hard to understand after all the talk about subjectivity in this thread? Firefly was awesome, but not because of her. I hated her character in Firefly, and never watched the Terminator series, but I totally understand the interest. She has a unique look, but also many features that are classically attractive, and many people find that appealing.

But I can also understand why some people would be attracted to Roseanne Barr, or... Hilary Clinton. Lots of people probably aren't, but there shouldn't be any confusion as to why SOME people are... That's like saying "I don't understand all the fuss about playing sports outdoors."

I think Staff Only needs a new hobby... neutral
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 7:41pm

Post 70 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

She has a unique look, but also many features that are classically attractive, and many people find that appealing.
I spend the last 10 minutes making a post that's trying to rationalize why Summer Glau appeals to me and Acualg does it in one sentence. doh

I bow to your rationalizing skills. clap

EDIT:

Aculag wrote:

I think Staff Only needs a new hobby... neutral
I enjoy posting on forums, I guess (and posting about Summer Glau: even better razz). I used to post a lot more on IMDb (but even I had to realise the pointlessness of posting there after a while) now I post more here. I guess it's because I like writing (and reading for that matter).

Last edited Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 10:13pm; edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 7:58pm

Post 71 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I'm a rational guy, what can I say? wink
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:18pm

Post 72 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Staff Only wrote:

and doesn't need half the airbrushing Megan Fox is used to (let's not forget, we are pretty sure Fox, by comparing photos of her, has had some plastic surgery that gives her face that 'perfect proportions' look).
Alright man, no reason to just bash Megan Fox back and forth against something you know absolutely nothing about. How do you know Glau doesn't need to same 'airbrushing' as Fox? Megan Fox's candid pictures are actually striking how attractive she is in them. And they're clearly not airbrushed, bro.

She's an accomplished dancer (that's why she is wearing that in the image you posted.), if that isn't attractive I don't know what is.
This is sort of a turn-off, as most dancers I know or have heard of are almost always overly-pretentious douches who think they 'grew up' waaaaay before everyone else did, and are therefore more mature - like a 25 year old who thinks they're better than everyone else their age. Just my personal opinion here.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that Summer Glau isn't desirable/attractive/cute/whatever. Duh, she is. Just saying that Fox embodies a more 'Hollywood', intangible, 'don't see it on the street every day' kind of attractiveness. That might not be the most desirable thing for most people, but Fox and Alba and the like are all a step above most people. Don't doubt that.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:27pm

Post 73 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

ben3308 wrote:

This is sort of a turn-off, as most dancers I know or have heard of are almost always overly-pretentious douches who think they 'grew up' waaaaay before everyone else did, and are therefore more mature - like a 25 year old who thinks they're better than everyone else their age. Just my personal opinion here.
I'm not trying to convince anyone that Summer Glau isn't desirable/attractive/cute/whatever. Duh, she is. Just saying that Fox embodies a more 'Hollywood', intangible, 'don't see it on the street every day' kind of attractiveness. That might not be the most desirable thing for most people, but Fox and Alba and the like are all a step above most people. Don't doubt that.
Wait, did you just stereotype dancers as total douches, but call girls that sell their sex appeal a step above most people?

You're killing me.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:40pm

Post 74 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

A step above in terms of how intangibly attractive. Not level of douchiness. For what it's worth, I don't think Jessica Alba ever attempted to sell her sex appeal on anything, which is most of the reason why she's taken a lot of character-driven roles, for better or for worse.

And even so, I don't see it as harsh of an offense to be arrogant about good looks than dancing talents. 90% of people alive see good looks and sex appeal as a desirable thing. Dancing talent.....well I suppose I've never respected dancing (particularly classical dance) as 'art' or 'skill' to be value. Flexibility, athleticism, etc are all great side notes of dancing, but I font see a lot to be appreciated in the art. My cross to bear, I guess.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:42pm

Post 75 of 106

No Respite Productions

Force: 985 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 482

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Can't we just agree that they're all lovely girls and move on to what this thread was really about, trashing Megan Fox's new flick?

Besides, she's no Heather Trott (a.k.a Heather from Eastenders)



Smokin' hot.
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:51pm

Post 76 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Fill wrote:

Wait, did you just stereotype dancers as total douches, but call girls that sell their sex appeal a step above most people?

You're killing me.
I have to go with Fill on this one, Ben, and I didn't intend to randomly bash Fox.

Also the kind of sex image that Fox/Alba (it's worse with Alba in my opinion) have is not appealing to me. Sure they are good looking women, but they're not really interesting. I truly am not trying to bash them or seem pretentious about this. It simply doesn't appeal to me, like it seems to do with a lot of people (I would liken their mass appeal to the mass appeal of overproduced, cookie cutter pop music. Sure some if sounds okay, but do you really feel anything by listening to it? Some people do, I for the most part don't.).

Perhaps we are on the same page in another way though. The same way you are prejudiced against dancers (I happen to have had only good experiences with dancers. I don't recall any smugness.), I know I (from real life experience, just like you) am prejudiced against "I am sex" girls (like Fox/Alba), and have found them to be uninteresting people who are mostly seen as eye-candy and nothing more (and quite smug about it as well).

ben3308 wrote:

And even so, I don't see it as harsh of an offense to be arrogant about good looks than dancing talents. 90% of people alive see good looks and sex appeal as a desirable thing. Dancing talent.....well I suppose I've never respected dancing (particularly classical dance) as 'art' or 'skill' to be value. Flexibility, athleticism, etc are all great side notes of dancing, but I font see a lot to be appreciated in the art. My cross to bear, I guess.
I understand this. It's the same way I don't get what all the fuss is about singing. Why is singing impressive/attractive/admirable (beside the point I know)?

What I don't get is you make it sound like being good looking is impressive and admirable (or at least worthy of arrogance). That confuses me. As people don't choose the way they look, and it doesn't take any training or talent (apart from eating healthily and exercising) to look good, how can being good looking be more impressive that classical dance? Even I'll admit that singing is more impressive than simply being good looking. If I'm missing something here, please tell me.

Last edited Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 9:01pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 8:59pm

Post 77 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

For what it's worth, I don't think Jessica Alba ever attempted to sell her sex appeal on anything, which is most of the reason why she's taken a lot of character-driven roles, for better or for worse.
But to be fair, she is marketed that way. She may not say to herself "I think I want to do a role to show off my sex appeal," but when casting directors are deciding who's going to play the Invisible woman who accidentally appears nude in public, they definitely have that in mind.

ben3308 wrote:

I suppose I've never respected dancing (particularly classical dance) as 'art' or 'skill' to be value. Flexibility, athleticism, etc are all great side notes of dancing, but I font see a lot to be appreciated in the art. My cross to bear, I guess.
Just to give you something to think about: While athleticism and flexibility is very important in dancing, the reason dancers are so respected, and yes, somewhat pretentious, is because they are relying solely upon their body language to express emotions, and elicit a response. While an attractive starlet like Megan Fox, or Jessica Alba can get by with looking pretty on camera and sounding the way they're supposed to when they read their lines. Yes, there are hordes of marginally talented dancers who I would not regard highly, but the same goes for actresses.

For that reason, I would place (good) dancers much higher than the starlet type. Having been to the ballet several times, I can tell you that what those dancers express simply by being there and moving the way they do, is considerably more substantial than what Megan Fox does. And this is not to rag on Megan Fox, she's just become the go-to example. smile

As well, a 25 year old career dancer most likely HAS grown up much faster than the average person their age. They are expected to perform under tough scrutiny in highly professional environments from a young age, and the slightest injury can set them back YEARS, or ruin their career entirely. That's a lot of pressure, and a lot to deal with for a young person. I've known a few dancers (one intimately), and have never found them to be overly pretentious, just more... seasoned, than others their age. There really is a high level of maturity needed to do something like that seriously.

But this is not to downplay actors and actresses. Someone like Meryl Streep has more talent in her index finger than many dancers will ever have. It's a two-way street, is all I'm saying. smile

Edit: This thread is finally resembling an intelligent conversation! Yippee!
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 9:14pm

Post 78 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Staff Only wrote:

(it's worse with Alba in my opinion)
I think you might be perceiving this one wrong, though. I wish Jessica Alba were an "I am sex" icon, then she'd be more desirable. Instead, she just picks roles like The Eye or Awake, none of which feature her nude/sexy/slutty. Not to mention she settled down, is married and had kids, which is extremely antithetical to the 'no commitments' mantra of the slutty celebs. wink

Just saying, one of the reasons I like Jessica Alba better than Megan Fox is because (like Summer Glau) she's less of a spectacle and more 'real'. I didn't intend to lump her into that group on the basis of her sex appeal, mainly her looks.

Aculag wrote:

Having been to the ballet several times, I can tell you that what those dancers express simply by being there and moving the way they do, is considerably more substantial than what Megan Fox does. And this is not to rag on Megan Fox, she's just become the go-to example. smile
You misunderstand me, then. It's not that I don't think dancing is difficult, or requires dedication or talent. Rather, it's a similar breakdown to good looks in women - you have to be born with it, then work on it on a daily basis. The former is an 'art' which (I suppose) takes a lot more work/time/commitment, I just don't think the arrogance around it is warranted by how much it is desired. Likewise, because good looks in female celebrities is a HUGE thing to desire, I think the arrogance is more "well, yeah, but she IS hot, and that IS wanted by many".

It'd be like me painting my house and then bragging to my neighbors about it. Yeah, it took time/work/effort/talent - but the majority don't care. If I were to buy a big screen TV, likewise, and then brag about it - something which took nowhere near as much work - people would still care and want to come watch it. Maybe that's a poor example...
Posted: Thu, 13th Aug 2009, 9:39pm

Post 79 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

I think you explained it well. I understand now.

Also I might have been out of line with Alba. I mostly remember her from Fantastic Four (she didn't impress me), and Into the Blue (which I haven't even seen, I just see it on display in shops selling HDTVs and know the DP Christian Bale gave an earful DPed it.). I know much to little about her career to say anything. But your message is: bigheadedness is allowed if other people inflate your head for you, correct?

To some extent I agree. Like whenever I see the Harry Potter cast (the main trio) slip up in interviews and seem arrogant (I've only noticed this with Hermione's actress to be fair and very rarely), I think: well they can't help it. They can hardly be expected not to feel entitled when given so much at such a young age. Still I think that whether or not you accept arrogance should be up to your personal opinion of the subject matter. I, for one, think reality TV stars are the most overrated, boring celebrates ever. Their arrogance, to me, is distasteful and unwarranted. However they are desirable to many people who find that sort of escapism satisfactory. (I need fiction for escapism. Call me old-fashioned, but reality and escapism don't go together in my mind.) Does that seem right to you - Jubal Early? think
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 12:11am

Post 80 of 106

pdrg

Force: 5405 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 4143

VisionLab User Windows User

Gold Member

Re: <insert actress name here>

She's an actress, and hence nuts. Admire from a distance.

Why would anyone want to be known best for being anyone but themselves? For anyone who hasn't worked with a lot of thesps, you may not have considered this, but with actresses, you never truly get to know *them*, you always get one or other of their characters, you can never really be sure who you're talking with. Because of this, none of the experienced directors I know will ever have anything to do with actresses, despite plenty of opportunity!
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 7:21am

Post 81 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

It'd be like me painting my house and then bragging to my neighbors about it. Yeah, it took time/work/effort/talent - but the majority don't care. If I were to buy a big screen TV, likewise, and then brag about it - something which took nowhere near as much work - people would still care and want to come watch it. Maybe that's a poor example...
Or maybe you just have really shallow neighbors. wink

I see what you're saying, and I get it, and in the eyes of the general public, it makes sense, and is true. However, I take issue with this:

ben3308 wrote:

The former is an 'art' which (I suppose) takes a lot more work/time/commitment, I just don't think the arrogance around it is warranted by how much it is desired. Likewise, because good looks in female celebrities is a HUGE thing to desire, I think the arrogance is more "well, yeah, but she IS hot, and that IS wanted by many".
That's like saying McDonalds deserves more recognition than something like El Bulli because more people are willing to drive five minutes to McD's for a trashy (but tasty!) burger, than they are to fly to spain and try and get a table at the finest restaurant in the world. Yes, it is easier, and much more popular, but no one's going to argue that McDonald's makes better food. That's an extreme example, but I think it fits.

Of course, it's always going to come down to the person. Some people might prefer to come over and gaze at your house's shiny new coat of paint!
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 7:26am

Post 82 of 106

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

That's like saying McDonalds deserves more recognition than something like El Bulli because more people are willing to drive five minutes to McD's for a trashy (but tasty!) burger, than they are to fly to spain and try and get a table at the finest restaurant in the world.
No, not that is 'deserves more recognition', just that if the McDonald brothers (founders) chose to be very uppity and arrogant about their creation, I think it would get more acceptance than El Bulli, because it is more accessible - therefore more can appreciate it.

I'm not saying that it's anywhere close to as deserving of recognition or appreciation, just that its accessibility (which is a good parallel to the disparity of accessibility between appreciating ostentatious good looks and appreciating the art of dance) is what makes its pretention more understandable (and therein more bearable).

Which, case in point, is why I find most dancers more douchey than sex-selling actresses. Hopefully this sounds like a reasoned point. biggrin
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 8:10am

Post 83 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I see what you're saying for sure, and it makes sense. I just don't think it's necessarily fair to label something as being pretentious when it actually is what it claims to be, though I've certainly done it myself, probably many times on this forum wink. But when a dancer brags about being classically trained and having great technique, etc. they're only being pretentious if it turns out that they're a shitty dancer, or not as good as they act, anyway. And I've definitely known people like that. But as well, there are dancers who are completely deserving of their perceived 'pretentiousness'pretention isn't a word because they really are that good. But, humility can go a long way, and I think is a much more desired trait. wink

But again, I definitely see what you mean, and in the case of actresses vs. dancers, it's definitely more 'understandable,' because most people couldn't name a famous dancer (I can only think of one), but know dozens of actors and actresses off the top of their heads. At least, I'm pretty sure this is what you mean.

I still wouldn't call them 'douchey,' though. smile

Edit: Heh, I'm just realizing how much I sound like I'm crazy about the professional dancing scene. I really know very little about it, aside from seeing some ballets several years ago, and knowing some dancers. I just have as much respect for it as I do any other form of expression. Why not?
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 12:43pm

Post 84 of 106

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

xcession is disappointed that this thread has become somewhat less red-blooded than it was a few pages ago.

xcession likes boobs.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 1:06pm

Post 85 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Xcession wrote:

xcession is disappointed that this thread has become somewhat less red-blooded than it was a few pages ago.

xcession likes boobs.
Then you might enjoy: this thread.

207 Replies, posted over a period of 4 years, all dedicated to one thing.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 3:47pm

Post 86 of 106

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

...like a 25 year old who thinks they're better than everyone else their age. Just my personal opinion here...
I'm the exception in that I'm 24 and think I'm better than everyone else my age.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 3:59pm

Post 87 of 106

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Bryce007 wrote:

ben3308 wrote:

...like a 25 year old who thinks they're better than everyone else their age. Just my personal opinion here...
I'm the exception in that I'm 24 and think I'm better than everyone else my age.
Nah, I'm the exception because I'm 23 and I know I'm better than everyone else my age! wink
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 4:19pm

Post 88 of 106

Xcession

Force: 42802 | Joined: 21st Mar 2001 | Posts: 1964

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 3 Pro User Windows User

SuperUser

I'm 29 and i'm certain i'm better than everyone else.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 4:29pm

Post 89 of 106

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Is it just me, or in the last three messages, has this thread turned into a support meeting for "Egotists Anonymous"?
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 5:09pm

Post 90 of 106

FreshMentos

Force: 1667 | Joined: 10th Jun 2006 | Posts: 1141

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

I don't know how old this guy is, but he's clearly the best. Oh I'm 18 and I'm the best too.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 5:53pm

Post 91 of 106

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Arktic wrote:

Is it just me, or in the last three messages, has this thread turned into a support meeting for "Egotists Anonymous"?
You see, I'm the best of the best.
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 9:09pm

Post 92 of 106

videofxuniverse

Force: 595 | Joined: 4th Feb 2005 | Posts: 559

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

shes not my cup of tea, reminds me 2 much of stacy slater from eastenders
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 10:42pm

Post 93 of 106

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.



I'm just gonna chime in every few pages with someone I find attractive, how bout that?
Posted: Fri, 14th Aug 2009, 11:13pm

Post 94 of 106

DigiSm89

Force: 815 | Joined: 2nd Jun 2002 | Posts: 1898

Windows User

Member

Evman wrote:

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.
Yeah, Bledel > Fox
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 12:25am

Post 95 of 106

pdrg

Force: 5405 | Joined: 4th Dec 2006 | Posts: 4143

VisionLab User Windows User

Gold Member

videofxuniverse wrote:

reminds me 2 much of stacy slater from eastenders
Would.
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 4:32pm

Post 96 of 106

Arktic

Force: 9977 | Joined: 10th Nov 2003 | Posts: 2785

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Guys - feel free to discuss who you do or do not find attractive; but any more childish insult throwing or name calling from ANYONE and the thread gets deleted.

Let's all just accept that there are different strokes for different folks. If you want to keep posting pictures, fine, but no more arguing.

Also, please try to keep images below 100k. If possible, link to rather than embedding images.

Arktic.
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 9:20pm

Post 97 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.
Just watched Sin City again last night. She is horrible in that, but very cute.
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 9:38pm

Post 98 of 106

Evman

Force: 4382 | Joined: 25th Jan 2004 | Posts: 3609

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Aculag wrote:

Evman wrote:

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.
Just watched Sin City again last night. She is horrible in that, but very cute.
Truthfully, she's not an outstanding actress. But her eyes penetrate into my soul and make me feel like I shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the same species as her. So... there.
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 9:41pm

Post 99 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Evman wrote:

Aculag wrote:

Evman wrote:

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.
Just watched Sin City again last night. She is horrible in that, but very cute.
Truthfully, she's not an outstanding actress. But her eyes penetrate into my soul and make me feel like I shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the same species as her. So... there.
Are you sure Bledel is human? There, now we have something to think about, eh? think

You are right about her eyes though. They are insane.
Posted: Sat, 15th Aug 2009, 10:22pm

Post 100 of 106

Fill

Force: 1257 | Joined: 1st Jul 2005 | Posts: 1652

CompositeLab Lite User EffectsLab Lite User Windows User

Gold Member

Staff Only wrote:

You are right about her eyes though. They are insane.
Reminds me of that Fringe episode with the spinal-cord eating woman with freakishly blue eyes. smile
Posted: Wed, 19th Aug 2009, 3:23pm

Post 101 of 106

Rockfilmers

Force: 2182 | Joined: 10th May 2007 | Posts: 1376

VisionLab User PhotoKey 4 User FXpreset Maker FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I know the topic died, but I didn't want to make a new one. Was Megan Fox even real? Watch this haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsd5aw8oas&feature=player_profilepage
Posted: Wed, 19th Aug 2009, 3:28pm

Post 102 of 106

Simon K Jones

Force: 27955 | Joined: 1st Jan 2002 | Posts: 11683

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker Windows User

FXhome Team Member

Rating: +1

Evman wrote:

Yo guys - Alexis Bledel.

Truthfully, she's not an outstanding actress. But her eyes penetrate into my soul and make me feel like I shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the same species as her. So... there.
Sounds more like you shouldn't be allowed to be in the same room as her.
Posted: Wed, 19th Aug 2009, 3:43pm

Post 103 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Tarn wrote:

Sounds more like you shouldn't be allowed to be in the same room as her.
I laughed out loud. +1

Rockfilmers wrote:

Watch this haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsd5aw8oas&feature=player_profilepage
Saw that video a few weeks ago. Pretty funny. biggrin


How about Scarlett Johansson? I for one can't wait to see her in Iron Man 2, and think that after that she will be thought of as even hotter.

Posted: Wed, 30th Dec 2009, 7:27am

Post 104 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

I love how no one ever mentioned this movie again after the second page or so of this thread. No wonder we don't have many female members here...

I just watched it tonight out of curiosity, and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It had a few surprisingly cool moments, but they were very few. Overall it was predictable, and while the concept of being a "modern teen" horror movie works, it's marred by the same thing that ruined Juno for me; Diablo Cody's "in the now" writing style. Five years from now, the "we are teenagers and this is how we talk" dialogue in this movie will make little sense (if it makes any sense now...) because it will be entirely irrelevant, and all the obscure slang that for some reason is only spoken by attractive teenage girls will be replaced by something else.

Megan Fox was a good casting choice, because, like her character, she is one-dimensional. She's the hot slut. But she did a good job, and even though the dialogue often seems ridiculously unnatural and way too "snarky" or whatever you want to call it, it somehow works for her.

However, in addition to being very predictable, the movie doesn't really go anywhere after the halfway point. It's your standard "no one believes the girl's story and everyone thinks she's crazy" structure that is apparently unavoidable in horror films, and it feels all too familiar. In the beginning, we're supposed to feel like this small town has been tortured by these tragic events, but really, no one seems to care that much. It focuses almost entirely on Amanda Seyfried's character, and gives little insight into the general mood of the town (or even the other characters, really,) apart from a few somber speeches from JK Simmons, which seem to only exist to give Megan Fox more reasons to act like a b!tch.

In the final act, we're treated to a few scenes which started to make me think maybe Seyfried's character really was just imagining things, and literally demonizing the hot girl for being herself, essentially, but the ambiguity is sadly stripped away in the final moments when we learn that, yes, it's all real. That's when it stops being a somewhat original spin on an old favorite, and becomes a parody instead. Leaving it on an ambiguous note would have earned this movie points, but ending it the way it did cost it some instead.

It's also somewhat more interesting if you watch it as an exploration of teenage sexuality, jealousy, and guilt, instead of demonic posession and murder. Which I hope was the intention, but since the plot is so derivative, and ultimately shallow, it might not have been. Since I have trouble accrediting Diablo Cody with any real intellectual merit, I'll chalk it up to subtext on the behalf of the director and stars. wink

I'd give it 2.5/5, because while it is predictable, inconsistent, and almost irritating, it does have some genuinely interesting bits, and a few pretty great shots (including a slow motion necklace charm hitting the floor, bouncing, and spinning in midair, with the chain briefly spiraling behind, and I'm pretty sure that was a practical shot. I'd be a bit disappointed if it wasn't. It was very cool, and one of those one-in-a-million, "we gotta use that" shots.) Also there is a very brief cameo from Lance Henriksen, which only seems to be there for the "WTF is that Lance Henriksen?" factor. I guess it did it's job!

And now to get this old thread back on topic, Amanda Seyfried is WAY better looking than Megan Fox. Oh man... wink
Posted: Wed, 30th Dec 2009, 3:51pm

Post 105 of 106

Staff Only

Force: 1805 | Joined: 22nd Feb 2005 | Posts: 1232

VisionLab User MacOS User

Gold Member

Great review Aculag! +1 I haven't seen this film myself, but I just might after your review. What struck me was that you didn't even mention the girl-on-girl scene. That boring, eh? Shame.

Aculag wrote:

And now to get this old thread back on topic, Amanda Seyfried is WAY better looking than Megan Fox. Oh man... wink
Agreed! What I would do to...*ahem*.
Posted: Wed, 30th Dec 2009, 11:48pm

Post 106 of 106

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Staff Only wrote:

Great review Aculag! +1 I haven't seen this film myself, but I just might after your review. What struck me was that you didn't even mention the girl-on-girl scene. That boring, eh? Shame.
Heh, well, apparently I didn't have to! wink It was pretty hot, but pointless, and only lasts like 20 seconds.