You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Is it possible to add the effect of someone getting hit by..

Posted: Sat, 3rd Oct 2009, 7:43pm

Post 1 of 9

pinkyandthesheep

Force: 1200 | Joined: 11th Jun 2009 | Posts: 32

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

a car?

I want to do it like some people do with after effects and sony vegas but I'm not sure if it's possible.
Does any one know how?
Posted: Sat, 3rd Oct 2009, 9:36pm

Post 2 of 9

Axeman

Force: 17995 | Joined: 20th Jan 2002 | Posts: 6124

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

SuperUser

It likely is possible, but we'll need a lot more information about what exactly you are trying to do.
Posted: Sat, 3rd Oct 2009, 10:13pm

Post 3 of 9

pinkyandthesheep

Force: 1200 | Joined: 11th Jun 2009 | Posts: 32

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Axeman wrote:

It likely is possible, but we'll need a lot more information about what exactly you are trying to do.
I know I wasn't clear.
Well, what people seem to do (I've seen some tutorials for this on After Effects) is, they shoot a clip of the actor walking in to the street and then after the the keep the camera in the same spot and shoot a car driving by. Then while editing they put the clips on top of eachother and they make it so the person moves with the car when it hits them.
Not sure if that makes sense but thats the best I could do.
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 4:16am

Post 4 of 9

Axeman

Force: 17995 | Joined: 20th Jan 2002 | Posts: 6124

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

SuperUser

Ah, so you are trying to animate the person moving as if the car hits them? Yeah, that's totally possible in VisionLab. Easiest way would be to use a greenscreen to film the actor, but you could use a split-screen and masks to do it as well.
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 6:06am

Post 5 of 9

TemporalCoder

Force: 2140 | Joined: 24th Nov 2006 | Posts: 121

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hi,

I did it in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZKP6Xf3d3w
(0.44 seconds)

...using visionLab, if it is what you are looking for I will do a quick tutorial.
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 7:23am

Post 6 of 9

pinkyandthesheep

Force: 1200 | Joined: 11th Jun 2009 | Posts: 32

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

TemporalCoder wrote:

Hi,

I did it in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZKP6Xf3d3w
(0.44 seconds)

...using visionLab, if it is what you are looking for I will do a quick tutorial.
Would you mind doing a tutorial?
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 7:24am

Post 7 of 9

pinkyandthesheep

Force: 1200 | Joined: 11th Jun 2009 | Posts: 32

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Axeman wrote:

Ah, so you are trying to animate the person moving as if the car hits them? Yeah, that's totally possible in VisionLab. Easiest way would be to use a greenscreen to film the actor, but you could use a split-screen and masks to do it as well.
alright
thanks a lot
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 3:10pm

Post 8 of 9

TemporalCoder

Force: 2140 | Joined: 24th Nov 2006 | Posts: 121

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Hi,

A short video tutorial/walk-through is currently uploading.


uploaded smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNBgCJBEusI

please watch in HQ

Hope it helps.
Posted: Sun, 4th Oct 2009, 5:50pm

Post 9 of 9

pinkyandthesheep

Force: 1200 | Joined: 11th Jun 2009 | Posts: 32

VisionLab User VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

TemporalCoder wrote:

Hi,

A short video tutorial/walk-through is currently uploading.


uploaded smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNBgCJBEusI

please watch in HQ

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much!