Post 1 of 26
Lots of great news and information today. To start, we've just released AlamDV2.1.2 so go and grab it now. This update fixes a few little bugs and also adds a couple of nice features listed below...
1. Updated opening engine - fixes bug with Lens Flare and other complicated effects.
2. More detailed error reports now work correctly.
3. Installer message updated so it's less misleading.
4. The saving problem has been fixed that could make your alm file not update.
5. Better success when exporting in 24bit - THIS IS STILL NOT A SUPPORTED OPTION.
1. AlamDV2 now asks you to relink your movie if you move it from its original location.
2. Warning if your import a Microsoft DV codec video without a better DV codec installed - you know the little blue box thing.
But this isn't the only great news. The AlamDV community has received a boost in many ways over the last week. Firstly, our population has increased to over 4500 forum members (that's a small town).
Secondly, we have passed the 400 mark with our free online plugins, which is quite amazing. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to make the plugins - I know we are going to hit 1000 by the end of the year if not before (our poor server will die under the stress) .
Also released this week were the already legendary "Tarn's Tutorial" movies. These tutorials are helping new and old users get more out of AlamDV2, and the good news is that Tarn has a selection of "AlamDV2 Professional" tutorials on the way - can't wait for those.
Now for something really interesting. As you may have noticed, AlamDV2 is really beginning to make waves in the video effects industry. With the CD release imminent we are finding ourselves in need for some high quality promotional movies. Because of the superb submissions we regularly get to the cinema section, we thought we'd ask for the help of our users in designing something that really shows off the power of AlamDV2.
Of course we don't expect something for nothing so we're making it a competition and aim will be to make a short trailer for AlamDV2, much like the one we made ourselves a while back. This trailer will play an important part in our promotion of AlamDV2 and the release of the CD. It will be the sort of thing we use at trade shows or magazine cover disks, and it will get shown to important people in the film industry. You will be properly credited of course, so it will promote your talents as much as it helps us. Oh, and the winner will also receive a bundle of computer goodies.
We are still finalizing the details of the competition but we thought we'd tease you into thinking about some ideas. When we have decided on the rules we will make another announcement with all the information - watch this space.
Schwar & Malone.