I would highly advise not
purchasing from that company. This issue has come up before
, but the long and short of it is this:
- There is no such thing as Visionlab 10. The latest version of VL can be seen here, and it is currently in 1.X status.
- The company is blatantly lying when it states that it is an authorized OEM seller of any product it sells. As far as FXhome is considered, you can see a list of authorized resellers here.
- The $89 pricetag is unrealistic, meaning you will either get nothing in return for $90, or a pirated/cracked version of the program. These are illegal copies, and are often loaded with viruses, spyware, and other malware which can harm your computer and other machines in your network. Additionally, there are security measures programmed into the code which can make pirated versions unreliable and impossible to use for any meaningful length of time.
- These types of sites are known to steal identities and credit card/banking info.
- Though they have BBB/Verisign/Cnet/etc logos on the page, they do not link anywhere. I guarantee if you took the time to investigate the company, you will find that these claims to a BBB accredited business are complete fabrications designed to mislead and scam customers.
So I hope, for your sake, you stay smart and don't go down that route!
While the $500 pricetag can be a bit high if you are just starting, I'd recommend trying out one of the standalone programs such as CompositeLab or EffectsLab. Each is only $150, and have discounted upgrade paths to Visionlab whenever you feel the need to upgrade.