You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

Inventory < A New Short!

Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 12:30am

Post 1 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Hey guys this is another release but for a different kind of film. Mainly focused on how fast we could shoot something. This film was shot entirely in 45 minutes. As some jobs do require a quick turn around we thought why not try something crazy. Yes it was painful, but we got it done. And edited in 3 hours. We hope you enjoy.

INVENTORY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLlMroyU5s
3 1/2 minutes

and as always the main channel,
http://www.youtube.com/fcrabbath

Last edited Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 2:31am; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 12:56am

Post 2 of 71

nitrox

Force: 105 | Joined: 27th Dec 2007 | Posts: 160

Member

Awesome! really solid work there, Much prefered this to your "Modern gods" Loved the feeling of the video and fantstic work for just 45 mins of shooting.

Great Stuff.
Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 2:02am

Post 3 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Whoa ho ho there man!!! Amazing stuff right there.

I really liked the transitional camera work from smooth and relaxed at the beginning to frantic and erratic during the phone conversation and chase. That ending was Vulcan epic in, this is the kind of ending that you'd want to see in a thriller viewed in a theater.
Your actor was great albeit creepy as all get out.

FCRabbath does it again. You should make a horrer thriller type film man. You've got the skills for it plus I would watch it. biggrin
Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 2:24am

Post 4 of 71

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

That was AMAZING. Wow, really impressive, really creepy, God... Very inspirational stuff.
Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 2:49pm

Post 5 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

wow thanks guys! Means a lot!
Posted: Mon, 28th Jun 2010, 5:28pm

Post 6 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hey man, cool stuff as always.

What kind of lens are you using, primarily? Not the kit stuff?
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 1:32am

Post 7 of 71

Thrawn

Force: 1995 | Joined: 11th Aug 2006 | Posts: 1962

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Wow. Fantastic stuff, FC. As always of course. I always look forward to your films, because at worst they'll leave me extremely impressed, and at best it leaves me speechless. This short was one of the latter. Loved the acting, especially from the guy. Most films you see online have fantastic visuals, but skimp on the acting (or vice versa, really). Always nice to see someone get both of them spot on.
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 1:45am

Post 8 of 71

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Really liked this! I'd also agree that it's the best work from you I've seen to date, mostly because of the as-usual amazing cinematography and sound, but also because the acting is great and not too over-the-top, and because the story is nice and tight. I honestly couldn't tell this was filmed in just 45 mins.

If I had to find something to criticize, it'd be that the story is really simplistic and lacks any sort of depth, which makes it a bit weird to have gone for the (really epic btw) big twist/flashback type of story structure. Unless I'm missing something, and "he harmed her in some way to collect her jewels" isn't supposed to be the "twist"?
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 6:58am

Post 9 of 71

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

I also really liked this. Apart from the odd color grading, which I wasn't a big fan of, I thought this was a great tense little short film with everything in the right place. I'd also say it was the best work I saw from you so far. Seems to me like here, everything came together in a pretty perfect way: camera, editing, acting, story.
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 6:08pm

Post 10 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

ben3308 wrote:

Hey man, cool stuff as always.

What kind of lens are you using, primarily? Not the kit stuff?
Yes, whatever came with the kit. But i bought it separately. Only one lens.

Thank you so much for watching guys!
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 9:00pm

Post 11 of 71

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

The only thing that took me out of this was the fact that the girl had to roll down her window and reach up to realize that it wasn't her bracelet. Didn't seem like a realistic thing to do when she's been trying to escape from this guy.

But of course, very nice looking.
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 9:45pm

Post 12 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Aculag wrote:

The only thing that took me out of this was the fact that the girl had to roll down her window and reach up to realize that it wasn't her bracelet. Didn't seem like a realistic thing to do when she's been trying to escape from this guy.

But of course, very nice looking.
Well i think you missed my the idea of the film. It was all about perspective and what she thought she judged him incorrectly and then felt bad of course because the poor guy was trying to return something to her. But then you know the rest.

Last edited Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 10:00pm; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 9:52pm

Post 13 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Did you not "get" the film?
She ran because she was afraid of the guy.
From her perspective... when she locked herself in the car and the guy shows up... by holding up a bracelet that looked like hers made it seem like she dropped it and he was just returning it to her. It made her lower her gaurd and perhaps feel a little stupid for assuming that the guy wanted to hurt her... Doh!!! But here comes FCRabbath with the twist.
She was correct the entire time because he really was trying to hurt her.
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 10:31pm

Post 14 of 71

Aculag

Force: 8365 | Joined: 21st Jun 2002 | Posts: 8581

EffectsLab Lite User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I'm a little put off by your constant accusations of me not understanding the point of your films, FC. I understood it perfectly, I just didn't think her final action was a realistic one in that situation. Most people who are fearing that someone is chasing them probably would at least check their wrists before opening the window. She spent so long running away and being freaked out (with good reason, the guy practically assaulted her), I think her first reaction to him coming up to the window would be to drive the hell away, not listen to what he has to say.

It made for a good twist, it just didn't strike me as particularly realistic. I know it's just a short movie and realism doesn't really matter too much, but I'm allowed to find something unrealistic without the need for people to say "didn't you GET IT?" rolleyes Whatever.
Posted: Tue, 29th Jun 2010, 10:38pm

Post 15 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

I actually do not recall saying that to you constantly, but if it did happen i apologize. What i was trying to say that i thought, and still think it's realistic due to the circumstance. Especially when someone is running and scared they don't think realistically. They just want to get out. So when he offered her jewelry back, she just wanted to take it and go. So yeah that's all. Did not mean to offend you.

Cheers,
Fred
Posted: Wed, 30th Jun 2010, 12:15am

Post 16 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Dang... that was me dude. sad I'm sorry man, I know it sounded rude. looking back I realize that I need to not be so sarcastic when pointing something out. {looks shamefully down at big toes and pouts} neutral

Still mad?
Posted: Wed, 30th Jun 2010, 12:41am

Post 17 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Hey man, I don't want to bring this up as an argument or anything, and I know you've talked about this before; but why do you insist upon correcting people that all your films are 'no budget'?

It's like........you ever spend money on gas? Ever buy a bottle of water while out filming because it's hot, that you wouldn't have to if you weren't filming anything? In my eyes, that's a very, very small cost but a cost nonetheless.

Just saying, you are very talented and have a lot of people who follow your progress and are fans of your work, but you seem always very quick to condemn anyone who assumes you've spent any money on anything you do. In a way, I think that maybe cheapens your work. It's not like you're in highschool, man. You've been through school and you make great films. You don't need to scream that you do things for no budget, because that's kind of irrelevant at this point. The assumption, unless you state otherwise, is that most short films online without celebrities in them are low budget.

Myself and my crew and others who I have shown your work are always very entertained and very captivated by the stories you tell (although, I will agree, this one didn't have much of a 'point', albeit being extremely well told) but I feel you are selling yourself short in talent when you attempt to promote your films even more through the whole "yeah, but ALSO MADE WITHOUT A CENT!" mantra. Your stuff is good enough to stand up on its own.
Posted: Wed, 30th Jun 2010, 1:24am

Post 18 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

ben3308 wrote:

Hey man, I don't want to bring this up as an argument or anything, and I know you've talked about this before; but why do you insist upon correcting people that all your films are 'no budget'?

It's like........you ever spend money on gas? Ever buy a bottle of water while out filming because it's hot, that you wouldn't have to if you weren't filming anything? In my eyes, that's a very, very small cost but a cost nonetheless.

Just saying, you are very talented and have a lot of people who follow your progress and are fans of your work, but you seem always very quick to condemn anyone who assumes you've spent any money on anything you do. In a way, I think that maybe cheapens your work. It's not like you're in highschool, man. You've been through school and you make great films. You don't need to scream that you do things for no budget, because that's kind of irrelevant at this point. The assumption, unless you state otherwise, is that most short films online without celebrities in them are low budget.

Myself and my crew and others who I have shown your work are always very entertained and very captivated by the stories you tell (although, I will agree, this one didn't have much of a 'point', albeit being extremely well told) but I feel you are selling yourself short in talent when you attempt to promote your films even more through the whole "yeah, but ALSO MADE WITHOUT A CENT!" mantra. Your stuff is good enough to stand up on its own.
Pretty sure we had this convo before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_budget_film then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_budget_film
Anyways, as stated nothing is spent on the films itself, and i try to distance myself from LOW BUDGET as many outside of filmmakers think low budget EQUALS at least 2 million. Soooo that is why i make sure we let everyone know it's no budget. In fact, i've asked people this and they also think low budget is 2 or 10 million and big budget is 40 million +. Why do i know this? Because when i started i USED to say low budget and everyone assumed i had money then. And i don't mean money for gas, i mean MONEY as stated above. I'm sorry this bothers you so much.
Posted: Wed, 30th Jun 2010, 3:13am

Post 19 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

It doesn't bother me that much, I just don't think that most people, when they say 'low budget' to your film online in a forum or on YouTube, intend to mean 2 million dollars. That's all.

And it's not that people confuse the two, it's that you seem to always go out of your way to really, really state it every time. Don't get me wrong, I am and have always been a huge fan of your stuff for upwards of 6 to 7 years now, I just don't find that denotation of 'no budget' as always necessary. Obviously, if you have a short film where you mention making it in 45 minutes, people know it's no budget. There's no reason to correct people on that. biggrin
Posted: Wed, 30th Jun 2010, 3:55am

Post 20 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

I think your exaggerating it a little Ben when you say i go completely out of my way. And i think your assuming too much when you say people just know. It's actually funny i got an message the other day on youtube asking me what my budget was for that particular film. Anyways - i do hope this clears up this subject. Plus those wiki articles do explain it pretty well. (even if you aren't a huge fan of wiki)
Cheers,
fred
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 6:17pm

Post 21 of 71

Toruk Macto

Force: 55 | Joined: 21st Jan 2010 | Posts: 201

Member

I say my films are no-budget - even if I spend 20$ on an airsoft gun and 40$ on clothing. But I won''t say that they are ZERO budget either.
I agree on FC on this.
But then I don't live in Texas either, so...
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 6:21pm

Post 22 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

SWATm16 wrote:

I say my films are no-budget - even if I spend 20$ on an airsoft gun and 40$ on clothing. But I won''t say that they are ZERO budget either.
I agree on FC on this.
But then I don't live in Texas either, so...
lol i don't live in Texas. Or are you talking to ben?
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 6:31pm

Post 23 of 71

Toruk Macto

Force: 55 | Joined: 21st Jan 2010 | Posts: 201

Member

Yeah i was agreeing with you FC... so i was talking to ben3308. He lives in Texas, y'all.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 6:34pm

Post 24 of 71

swintonmaximilian

Force: 1970 | Joined: 23rd Jun 2007 | Posts: 527

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +1

Hi, this is a well crafted, solid looking piece, especially considering the short time you made it in. I liked it, but it was too simplistic to really engage me. But, as with all your stuff the technical quality and assured direction is unquestionably there.

I don't really understand the no budget label you put on everything myself, because, no offence intended, who cares? It makes no difference, if the film is good, how much it cost. I think it cheapens the work to state that it's no budget, it really doesn't matter.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 6:46pm

Post 25 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

swintonmaximilian wrote:

Hi, this is a well crafted, solid looking piece, especially considering the short time you made it in. I liked it, but it was too simplistic to really engage me. But, as with all your stuff the technical quality and assured direction is unquestionably there.

I don't really understand the no budget label you put on everything myself, because, no offence intended, who cares? It makes no difference, if the film is good, how much it cost. I think it cheapens the work to state that it's no budget, it really doesn't matter.
Well first, the simplicity is simply a side effect of such a short film and not to mention some people still didn't get it.

On to the other thing i'm sorry you don't understand it but im the one bombarded with this question. About 70% of my viewers (on youtube) after viewing it always ask me what my budget was. So i just answer them on the video description. THis is followed by what camera i used etc.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 7:14pm

Post 26 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

swintonmaximilian wrote:

I don't really understand the no budget label you put on everything myself, because, no offence intended, who cares? It makes no difference, if the film is good, how much it cost. I think it cheapens the work to state that it's no budget, it really doesn't matter.
These are exactly my thoughts.

I don't mean to kick a dead horse- and it was I who argued with you over this previously- but as I've known you (which is for years) you've gone increasingly wary of....I dunno....validation.

Every comment is either 'you missed the point' or 'I only did this with....' or 'I used only that to....' or 'this was zero budget', etc. Ben has a great point.

This isn't highschool anymore man, and literally everyone else works on the same terms/budget (or lack-thereof)/resources as you. I know we don't spend much (if anything) on any of our movies- but you won't see me broadcasting that everyone because, well, who cares?

Again I repeat, and echo like my brother here, that it bothers me that such great work from such a deeply talented person as yourself is cheapened by what seems to me like the constant need to 'prove' to everyone that you can do everything yourself with very little and have lots to show for it.

But, the thing is, your work does that for you. It really does- and that's a great thing. So why not just let it speak for itself in that regard?

Look, I know I'm a defensive person about my own movies and am perhaps not the one to be pointing the insult stick at others- and certainly and truthfully I mean absolutely no offense by this post- but I still think it's an observation you might consider going into (or finishing) your next movie. We're your friends on here- you don't have anything to prove to us.

Your movies are great; amazing sometimes. And I can't believe they were made on such little money sometimes. But I don't like the fact that you anticipate that, because in some ways it's got an air of 'Look how fancy and professional my movie is- people might think it had a $10K budget, so I better LET THEM KNOW IT DIDN'T!' cockiness that I'm more than positive you don't intend to have. And so, it just seems.........cheap.

At least that's my thought on it all. unsure

I apologize on writing so much about such a little facet- but you can afford the honesty from me and anything I'd put about 'Inventory' would just be retreaded praise. Great stuff as always; keep it up- as I know you will, buddy. wink
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 7:27pm

Post 27 of 71

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

A good advice for you, FCRabbath:

Never argue with your audience. And especially never tell them "they didn´t get it" or that you "disagree with their opinions" or that "you only did this because *insert excuse/reason/story here*". That kind of defensive attitude only makes you look weak. That´s all. No one cares.

I think filmmakers who tell their audience they are wrong with their opinions have, no matter how talented as filmmakers they are, misunderstood something very very basic about the filmmaker-viewer relationship.

Take this is an honest, well-intended advice.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 7:42pm

Post 28 of 71

swintonmaximilian

Force: 1970 | Joined: 23rd Jun 2007 | Posts: 527

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Yeah, you respond well to praise and compliments, but if anyone criticises anything you're very quick to tell them that they don't understand, or they don't get it, and you become quite defensive.

Again, I don't mean this as an insult, but your films are fairly simple thematically and in terms of plot , they are easy to "get", so it's insulting to have any attempts at discussion and constructive criticism met with your response of "you don't understand". It's insulting.

Also, by responding like that you are basically saying that your films are beyond criticism, the only way someone could not love it is if they don't get it.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 7:54pm

Post 29 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Weeeeeeell, with all due respect...

You guys say you don't understand why he says "no budget" but then you come up with your own reasons of why he said it.

You guys say "who cares" Well you guys must care a whole lot, enough in fact because you keep bringing it up.

It may cheapen his film in "your" eyes because you're coming to all these assumptions that he says "no budget" because he feels that he has to prove himself to you and others. you might as well be saying... Dude your film was great but now it really blows because you said you filmed it on "no budget" Wait... that's actually what you guys are really saing isn't it?

For some rather intelligent people... you guys don't listen very well.
He explained why he says "no budget" Some folks ask him so he tells them what it cost to make his film, yet you guys persist with your "who cares" "it doesn't matter" "it cheapens your films"
Apparently his explanation wasn't good enough for you guys. wink

If you don't understand where I'm comming from... go back and read your own posts. Some of you guys have really weird notions and messed up world views.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 8:12pm

Post 30 of 71

swintonmaximilian

Force: 1970 | Joined: 23rd Jun 2007 | Posts: 527

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Ok, I'l clarify what I mean. I don't care, at all, how F.C. Rabbath presents his films. I completely understand why he says they are no budget, he's answering a question he gets asked a lot, fine, no problem. My point has nothing to do with F.C Rabbath personally.

And no, I'm not saying that my opinion of his films changes with the knowledge that it was no budget (nice psychoanalysis by the way, really impressive.) My whole point is that it doesn't change my view at all, because the end result, the film, is judged on it's merits as a film, regardless of how much it cost to make. That's why I think the "no budget" stamp is irrelevant.

This conversation is about more than how people perceive F.C Rabbath's work, or why he chooses to say it's no budget. I'm talking about film making in general. Stamping something as low budget can have the effect of devaluing it, making it look very aware of it's no budget status as a disadvantage, trying to bring it ahead of the pack etc.

Anyway, maybe all this should be deleted so the topic can remain about Inventory, rather than an increasingly unrelated argument.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 8:49pm

Post 31 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

spydurhank, let me say something this way- and it is admittedly going to sound incredibly cocky- but:

Ben, myself, Sollthar, and swintonmaximilian are the ones telling him these things.

Now, is it any surprise or wonder we're the ones saying it? Is it a coincidence that we're also (potentially/arguably) the four most well-known/prolific/reveled filmmakers going through the cinema the past few years? Or that we were the four most-nominated people in the FXHome Awards this year?

No, not really.

Because we know FCRabbath. We, like him, make movies of similar scope and precision on- you guessed it- that same fabled 'zero budget'. And so, because of this, we see where his weakness is and want to give him honesty so that he can make better movies in the future. I mean, isn't that point of all of this putting movies up for comments? Well, I'll be honest with you: Fred's most-mendable (or obvious) flaw in his work- that keeps it from being truly genuine and professional in my eyes- is the same thing I constantly struggle with.

Pride and validation.

Is it glaringly-obvious or even detrimental to his movies? No, not really. But it's something I constantly notice register more and more with each movie I've seen as he's grown as a filmmaker- and, for knowing him for many years, something I feel comfortable to be honest with telling him. And then there's what swinton mentions, which is equally as flawing and ominpresent, that labeling your movie as 'zero budget' cheapens it and it, well, just totally irrelevant.

No doubt Sollthar, swinton, and Ben have similar feelings because of who they are and what they know and make. Which isn't say you have to put your money where your mouth is to make a criticism. But........it helps.

Just some things to think about. I absolutely mean no offense and truly do adore FC's work. I think he's a great guy and a deeply talented person- someone I consider my friend. And, in truth, I really do wish him the best. This is just something I thought was worth mentioning.

Last edited Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 8:56pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 8:54pm

Post 32 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +3

Yikes.
Posted: Thu, 1st Jul 2010, 9:02pm

Post 33 of 71

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Uhm, just wanted to clarify that I don´t care if the movies are big budget, no budget or low budget or if you claim they are or are not or whatever. That´s not my point. smile

I only noticed that you appear to get defensive easily or tell people they don´t get something and wanted to advise you... well.. don´t. Nod and continue doing what you do the way you think is right. cool
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 1:34am

Post 34 of 71

Toruk Macto

Force: 55 | Joined: 21st Jan 2010 | Posts: 201

Member

Whoa dude Atom...eek

Anyway I understand your reason, FC, and would have done the same thing if I were you, about the no-budget thingy. If we're still talking about that. confused confused
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 3:39am

Post 35 of 71

miker

Force: 386 | Joined: 30th Jul 2005 | Posts: 651

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Atom wrote:

Now, is it any surprise or wonder we're the ones saying it? Is it a coincidence that we're also (potentially/arguably) the four most well-known/prolific/reveled filmmakers going through the cinema the past few years? Or that we were the four most-nominated people in the FXHome Awards this year?

No, not really.
.........

We post more video's in the cinema than you do, and spend tons more time in the forums.. so just listen to us.. wink
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 6:19am

Post 36 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Rating: +2

I think this has become a much bigger issue than it needed to be. But i want to point something below out.
Not only does your (atom/ben youtube link you have on fxhome) youtube channel claim the same thing mine does but you even took my format of doing it. You even mention no budget more than me. So i think we are on the same page here...literally.

Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 6:28am

Post 37 of 71

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Heh, I love how that also slipped in how your YouTube views are more than 75 times higher than Ben's razz
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 6:33am

Post 38 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Pooky wrote:

Heh, I love how that also slipped in how your YouTube views are more than 75 times higher than Ben's razz
Ha, not my intention i promise. I just wanted to show that it was in fact his page by showing the name up top.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 7:08am

Post 39 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Okay, yes, I actually saw your profile page freshmen year of college and thought you had a good list going, so I did something similar on my page. True.

The main point I was saying, really, without trying to argue anything - just state my opinion on the matter - was that mentioning 'no budget' to what, from my point of view, appears to be an incessant amount doesn't serve to enhance your work, but devalue it.

In terms of raw talents, I've yet to see anyone outside of the industry (I mean ASC, ACE, SAG and all the Hollywood industries, not international TV) come close to your potential and skills with what you do. Everything you've made has hit a small level of 'greatness' in its own way, even the projects, like this or the one about 'trash to treasure' that don't have a very large point to be made.

The main thing that bugs me is that, even after people give you lots of views and long responses, your responses back are always brief and scant in detail. Which would be okay if this were a place to showcase films, like the cinema section on this very website. But it's a forum, and as long as you've got information to share, it would be helpful to share it.

I dunno if the 'secrecy' around the production of some of your stuff is to retain the modest 'no budget' appeal or what, I just always found it odd that whenever anyone asked you about a specific lens or camera move or grading, your responses were always general and vague.

Again, this is a separate complaint and it's not a big deal, but I would like to have known, particularly over the past years, more of the 'FCRabbath process' in terms of how you approach filmmaking and lighting and things of that sort. And, obviously, it would never have been a necessity that you answer, but a nice courtesy. But I suppose we never received any answers like that.

So, when the more aggressive 'no budget' line comes in, it seems even odder that you would be sooner to quickly respond on YouTube to say 'thanks, but it's zero budget' than 'yeah, I shot all on a 50mm prime, etc' to someone. And yes, I'm aware you may only have one lens. However, I dunno, more production details would be nice every now and then. Most especially when people ask about them.

I wish you the utmost luck in everything you create, and know that your talents will take you far. I do hope you at least understand where I'm coming from here.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 7:19am

Post 40 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Ben, i'm sorry i didn't give you longer responses you needed back then. I have a lot of viewers and not enough time. In fact, i don't know if you noticed but i haven't made a film since these last 3 for a full year. I had 3 jobs and school and keeping up with this would've been impossible. Of course i had all the equipment listed on my channel. ( http://www.youtube.com/fcrabbath ) under FAQs. So there are no secrets here. Quite frankly we don't do anything special.

As stated above the no budget is one of those FAQs.

However good news is i have more time this summer if you have more questions. Hit me up PM or facebook or whatever.

Sollthar, thank you for your advise. I actually thought i wasn't arguing but explaining but i'll try to be more careful with how things come across.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 8:15am

Post 41 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: -5

Now, I won't make a deal of this past what I'm about to say- and I'm not trying to be attention-hungry or melodramatic for saying so, just:

FCRabbath wrote:

Wow, what a dick move.

Look, can I just be honest here? You want to get an ansty pantsy, then let's really say what's what.

You give nothing to this community. You don't care to discuss, converse, offer any help. None of that. You post your movies and wait for responses and that's it. Which would be fine, except then, you only answer to tell people they either didn't understand your movie or thanks for watching; and your sentences are never over a few words. Which, again, would be fine- except you also make a habit of correcting people to how much you do on little resources.

Now, do you really need more than that? Well, maybe not. But come on. You're using those few- very few- words/effort you do put onto this site to take the time to compare our youtube pages? I mean, honestly?

It's more than the 'zero budget' thing, but if you just want to look at brass tax for mention of that- if you want to make it that petty- then really it's so inconceivably one-sided it isn't even funny. EVERY short, movie, whatever doo-dad you make you broadcast everywhere how it's zero budget. All the time. Which is cool- if that's what you choose to use your breath to say- and very little else- I suppose that's fine. Really.

But don't come to me and try to convince me it isn't so. Be honest with yourself, is all I really want. I'm sorry I've used this space to broadcast these thoughts- but really if not now, when? Like I said, you're only ever on here long enough to post your movies and wait for compliments.

I'm just trying to help ya, buddy. Really. unsure
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 8:26am

Post 42 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Oh, yikes again....
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 8:59am

Post 43 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Defensive much!? wink
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 10:39am

Post 44 of 71

swintonmaximilian

Force: 1970 | Joined: 23rd Jun 2007 | Posts: 527

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Rating: +2

Ok, this is becoming like a playground argument over nothing really. The no budget point has been discussed, hopefully as a separate issue and not only in the context of F.C Rabbath's work. Everyone as a different take on it, which is of course fine, but lets move on now.

Also, Atom, please leave me out of posts like that in future, no offence intended, but it just makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I hope you don't take that the wrong way, but then, maybe I do because it might produce a good rant. wink

So, anyway, back to inventory. F.C, where do you get your actors? One thing that always strikes me is the large pool of actors you draw from, and I like the effect that has on your films of keeping each one fresh and exciting from a character point of view. I know you don't use different actors in every film, but you know what I mean.

Also, when is Light of Eden coming out? I've been intrigued by the idea of that one for a while. I'm looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.

Max
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 11:16am

Post 45 of 71

Sollthar

Force: 13360 | Joined: 30th Oct 2001 | Posts: 6094

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 2 Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User MacOS User

SuperUser

Also, Atom, please leave me out of posts like that in future, no offence intended, but it just makes me feel a little uncomfortable.
I second that!

I want to clearly distance myself from atom, what he wrote and especially how he wrote it. And I'll leave it at that.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 11:48am

Post 46 of 71

spydurhank

Force: 1956 | Joined: 24th Jun 2008 | Posts: 1357

VisionLab User VideoWrap User FXpreset Maker Windows User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

Good call guys, I'll stop and I apologize to all for my well... you know.
On topic, I'm also interested in your work flow FCRabbath.
Looks like you've got whatever you do, down pegged.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 5:10pm

Post 47 of 71

Bryce007

Force: 1910 | Joined: 5th Apr 2003 | Posts: 2609

VideoWrap User Windows User

Gold Member

Rating: +2

Atom wrote:


You give nothing to this community. You don't care to discuss, converse, offer any help. None of that. You post your movies and wait for responses and that's it. Which would be fine, except then, you only answer to tell people they either didn't understand your movie or thanks for watching; and your sentences are never over a few words. Which, again, would be fine- except you also make a habit of correcting people to how much you do on little resources.

Normally I don't add my opinion to threads of this kind, but I cringed when I read this. Come on, man, You're *telling* Fred that he gives "Nothing" to this community, and "Doesn't care" to do those things?

Hate to say it this way, but he's whoever he says he is, not whoever you tell him he is. I thought this was a totally unwarranted, completely off topic low-blow because of the fact that he was indeed factually correct on the "Zero budget" mentioning thing, and that stung, so you apparently fired back with something entirely unrelated to the actual argument.
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 7:21pm

Post 48 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

This isn't a back-and-forth-blow exchange, just an observation I've made- and something I'm not embarrassed to still stand by. No one has to agree, and I apologize if I added others to my perspective- but I take nothing back. It bothers me that someone continually comes on here just to hear themselves get complimented- and that's what I feel FCRabbath has become. Is it intentional? Probably not. Is it mean or malicious? No, not at all. But it's still annoying. So sue me for mentioning it- I may be the only one ballsy or assholey enough to verbalize it, but I can't be the only one to notice this...

Either way, I'm not trying to be an asshole here for no reason, but I apologize if it seems that way. Really. I'm going to go under the assumption that this frustration is misunderstood- which is fine- and so I really do apologize if it seems in poor taste or inappropriate. I'm aware I'm not going to win any friends in being particularly 'mean' here in mentioning this. But I meant what I said, and I'll leave it at that.

Now back to the movie. Which is, as I mentioned, still excellent itself. wink
Posted: Fri, 2nd Jul 2010, 8:26pm

Post 49 of 71

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I learn a lot from FC's work, watching it develop, etc. Just sayin'.
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 4:00am

Post 50 of 71

Coureur de Bois

Force: 1394 | Joined: 23rd Sep 2002 | Posts: 1127

VideoWrap User Windows User MacOS User

Gold Member

Let me just add one thing:



I love you Atom, YEEHAAW!!

Edit: Oh yeah FC, cool film man. Come a long way from the first of your movies that I saw (Spellmaster or something like that); composited gloriously with AlamDV 2.

Last edited Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 4:37am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 4:26am

Post 51 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Atom wrote:

This isn't a back-and-forth-blow exchange, just an observation I've made- and something I'm not embarrassed to still stand by. No one has to agree, and I apologize if I added others to my perspective- but I take nothing back. It bothers me that someone continually comes on here just to hear themselves get complimented- and that's what I feel FCRabbath has become. Is it intentional? Probably not. Is it mean or malicious? No, not at all. But it's still annoying. So sue me for mentioning it- I may be the only one ballsy or assholey enough to verbalize it, but I can't be the only one to notice this...

Either way, I'm not trying to be an asshole here for no reason, but I apologize if it seems that way. Really. I'm going to go under the assumption that this frustration is misunderstood- which is fine- and so I really do apologize if it seems in poor taste or inappropriate. I'm aware I'm not going to win any friends in being particularly 'mean' here in mentioning this. But I meant what I said, and I'll leave it at that.

Now back to the movie. Which is, as I mentioned, still excellent itself. wink
It's cool man. Thank you for taking the time to watch it. Cheers,
- FC
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 4:50am

Post 52 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Coureur de Bois wrote:

Let me just add one thing
Well, at least here we're exceedingly cultural and there's good support for filmmaking. Outside of Los Angeles, maybe New York, I can't imagine any place other than where we are that filmmaking has any sort of palpable impact. biggrin

That, and we live in Dallas, one of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States, so........
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 5:04am

Post 53 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Coureur de Bois wrote:



Edit: Oh yeah FC, cool film man. Come a long way from the first of your movies that I saw (Spellmaster or something like that); composited gloriously with AlamDV 2.
lol thanks, but i have no idea what movie you're talking about. I never used AlamDV.
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 5:45am

Post 54 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

The first thing I remember seeing of yours was the Tribute music video, which was nice, because the surprise therein was that you also made short films that were of even better quality. biggrin
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 7:16am

Post 55 of 71

Pooky

Force: 4834 | Joined: 8th Jul 2003 | Posts: 5913

EffectsLab Lite User Windows User MacOS User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

ben3308 wrote:

Coureur de Bois wrote:

Let me just add one thing
Well, at least here we're exceedingly cultural and there's good support for filmmaking. Outside of Los Angeles, maybe New York, I can't imagine any place other than where we are that filmmaking has any sort of palpable impact. biggrin
You should come to Montreal in the summertime one day, the culture just oozes at you from everywhere here wink
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 3:05pm

Post 56 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

haha i love montreal. i go almost every summer to visit family.
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 3:25pm

Post 57 of 71

davlin

Force: 1572 | Joined: 21st Jan 2002 | Posts: 1088

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Truly excellent as all have said.
Did I read somewhere that this was zero budget..smile


Dave
Posted: Sat, 3rd Jul 2010, 5:00pm

Post 58 of 71

Tim L

Force: 580 | Joined: 4th Aug 2006 | Posts: 297

Windows User

Member

Wow, I finally took the time to watch this -- especially seeing as how the comments had grown to 4 pages.

Very nice job again, Fred.

Just to weigh in on the controversy, I have no problem with you proudly stating "no budget" with every film you do. Wear that badge proudly.

But I also agree with some of the comments that we -- especially in this little filmmaking community -- would LOVE more details about how you make these films. How do you find your actors, rehearse, shoot in public places? What is your particular formula for success? Come on, share the love -- we're "on the set" guys, not just "in the theatre" guys!

On the other hand, I think maybe the Texans should get rid of all those "48 hour" references in their works. When you post a film online, there's no reason to tell anybody it was part of a 48 hour thing. I mean really, I just notice it more and more. The film should be judged just on what it is. "Here's a film we shot in 2010" -- that's all you need to say.

[Edit: The above paragraph was meant as sarcasm, but it stirred up some controversy below. Sorry.]

Tim L

Last edited Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 11:26pm; edited 1 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 5:24pm

Post 59 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Tim L wrote:

Wow, I finally took the time to watch this -- especially seeing as how the comments had grown to 4 pages.

Very nice job again, Fred.

Just to weigh in on the controversy, I have no problem with you proudly stating "no budget" with every film you do. Wear that badge proudly.

But I also agree with some of the comments that we -- especially in this little filmmaking community -- would LOVE more details about how you make these films. How do you find your actors, rehearse, shoot in public places? What is your particular formula for success? Come on, share the love -- we're "on the set" guys, not just "in the theatre" guys!

On the other hand, I think maybe the Texans should get rid of all those "48 hour" references in their works. When you post a film online, there's no reason to tell anybody it was part of a 48 hour thing. I mean really, I just notice it more and more. The film should be judged just on what it is. "Here's a film we shot in 2010" -- that's all you need to say.

Tim L
As always info is on our channel on what was used and other details, but also we are making a behind the scenes video soon that i will post on here.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 5:55pm

Post 60 of 71

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

Is that sarcasm to make a point Tim? I think it's pretty important to tell people your film was planned, shot, edited, music, sound, writing, acting, etc. was all accomplished in 48 hours with a lot of competition restrictions. Especially if you want to show your creative use of the line/character/genre.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 6:36pm

Post 61 of 71

davlin

Force: 1572 | Joined: 21st Jan 2002 | Posts: 1088

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don't think Tim was being sarcastic at all and really was making a small point about 48hr competitions.


Dave

Last edited Mon, 5th Jul 2010, 3:02am; edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 6:44pm

Post 62 of 71

Serpent

Force: 5426 | Joined: 26th Dec 2003 | Posts: 6515

CompositeLab Pro User EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

Gold Member

I agree... But what Tim said was that it was cheap to tell people that it was made within 48 hours, when it was made within 48 hours. Even FC said how long it took him to make his. I just don't think that cheapens anything. How long did it take to make Avatar? James Cameron told people. The same could be said for just about any film. I don't think any of this information cheapens the anything at all, just watch the damn film, I say!

And 48 Hour Films are fun, you'd have to try one to understand. No reason not to have them, or post the results of them. I think they're really cool, and test you on many levels.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 7:29pm

Post 63 of 71

davlin

Force: 1572 | Joined: 21st Jan 2002 | Posts: 1088

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I'm sure you're right and are fun to do but I suppose my point is that when virtually every movie submitted by some people has had some kinda time constaint it's difficult to assess the real quality of the film maker.

I would'nt dream of suggesting stopping 24/48hr comps.but I would personally like to see less of them and more of the "Full" time movies
in our cinema.
BTW I've seen some awesome movies for the 24/48hr comps but I would dearly love to see what they would be like without time constaints.

Dave
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 7:32pm

Post 64 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Rating: +1

Sigh, okay the 48 hour competition thing is the same concept as the zero budget thing. It's all about limitations and those exercises done within those limitation. Besides, i'm a firm believer that art is the most inspiring with the greatest limitations.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 8:39pm

Post 65 of 71

Toruk Macto

Force: 55 | Joined: 21st Jan 2010 | Posts: 201

Member

"The 48 hour competition thing is the same concept as the zero budget thing. It's all about limitations and those exercises done within those limitation. Besides, i'm a firm believer that art is the most inspiring with the greatest limitations."

I agree, I don't have a problem with anyone of them. The fact that you made UR movie for zero budget is admirable, the fact that U made a movie in 48h is admirable too.

So just post whatever you want to post, and be proud about it.

Chill people! whistle
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 9:58pm

Post 66 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

Newsflash, Tim:

We do the 48hr competitions for fun, and because they are competitions- with regulated restrictions and rules- nothing self-imposed or personally restricting/excused/roadblocked. And we do them, like many people on here, only once or twice a year. There's no reason not to mention what it's for.

There's a big difference between writing everything you do is zero budget for some justification and saying it was done in 24/48hrs for a specific competition.

It goes without saying that most everyone here is zero budget on most everything they make. But such isn't true for whether it was done for a contest or with third-party rules employed. Not saying that it's any more of an excuse than anything else- or that it should be- but it is most definitely not the same thing.

And I don't appreciate that sort of shot about the 48hr ('the Texans', too. rolleyes) as it wasn't really relatable to this thread, and as I'm sure FC doesn't appreciate the continuation of this sort of discussion. As for anyone who wants to call 24/48hr competitions wastes of time or chances for excuses- you don't know what you're talking about, or you're talking out of your ass. I agree we should have more non-timed movies in the cinema. But you know what? The 48hr hasn't taken away any of that- it's added to it. In fact it has helped bring people who I have known for YEARS here to show/make movies for the first time in a long time. Look at Serpent, Adman, or even Tarn.

Before the 48hr I'd known them a while but NEVER seen a movie of theirs. This gave them a great chance and outlet. And that's why we do it all. It's a great outlet, and great fun. Not because it's something to hide behind- not because you can use excuses to bar yourself with. Because its something fun and challenging to do, and can help pull things together you otherwise couldn't/might not do.

Anyone who has done it before will understand.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 10:19pm

Post 67 of 71

FCRabbath

Force: 305 | Joined: 11th Oct 2004 | Posts: 583

Member

Atom wrote:


There's a big difference between writing everything you do is zero budget for some justification and saying it was done in 24/48hrs for a specific competition.
Atom, please PM me as i don't want to go any further on this subject on this thread. Or any thread to be honest.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 10:25pm

Post 68 of 71

Atom

Force: 4300 | Joined: 9th May 2004 | Posts: 7014

EffectsLab Lite User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

I don't mean to continue that facet of conversation any more, as I'm sure you don't- so I do apologize for the mention. Just trying to explain myself to someone who (extraneously) seemed mention/discount something I and many others do on here for fun.

Apologies for taking away the focus once more, though.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 11:05pm

Post 69 of 71

ben3308

Force: 5210 | Joined: 24th May 2004 | Posts: 6433

VideoWrap User FXhome Movie Maker Windows User

Gold Member

FCRabbath wrote:

Sigh, okay the 48 hour competition thing is the same concept as the zero budget thing. It's all about limitations and those exercises done within those limitation. Besides, i'm a firm believer that art is the most inspiring with the greatest limitations.
Well stated.
Posted: Sun, 4th Jul 2010, 11:22pm

Post 70 of 71

Tim L

Force: 580 | Joined: 4th Aug 2006 | Posts: 297

Windows User

Member

Rating: +1

(Fred -- sorry to drag this out but I think I need to respond publicly here since I inadvertently stirred things up.)

Sorry Guys!
I should have put a smiley there or something. It was just an offhand remark and I really didn't intend for it to be inflammatory. confused Again, my apologies.

Mainly, I did think it was really petty that anybody would have an issue with FC listing his films as "no budget". It just seems silly that anybody would complain about that.

Regarding 48 Hour film contests, and the Atomic team's frequent forays: I actually have a great deal of respect for that, and a great deal of admiration for what you guys accomplish. I always follow those threads with interest.

I didn't really mean any disrespect, but I guess with the complaining about the "no budget" thing I saw a parallel as "what if somebody complained about you mentioning 48 hours in your threads". It would be ridiculous, right? But I guess my post was a big Sarcasm Fail.

Anyway. Sorry for stirring things up.

Tim L
Posted: Mon, 5th Jul 2010, 1:04am

Post 71 of 71

Toruk Macto

Force: 55 | Joined: 21st Jan 2010 | Posts: 201

Member

Super duper - everybody's happy once more in the wonderful community of Fxhome biggrin

Let this be the end of nonsense squabbling, and let's all focus on what we do best - filmmaking.

(Help me, I'm starting to sound like Tarn) biggrin