Turning fire and muzzle flashes black
Posted: Sun, 13th Feb 2011, 11:56pm
Post 1 of 6
Hi. How can I turn fire and muzzle flashes black? The falme just turns all rainbow-ish, and the muzzle flash is white in the middle. How can I fix this?
Posted: Mon, 14th Feb 2011, 12:17am
Post 2 of 6
Can I ask why you want to do this?
You can do this whether you're rendering an animation or just a single frame. Let's pretend that you're rendering s single frame.
1. Add a muzzle flash to the timeline and position it to your specifications, click on the layer's grade icon and add a desaturate pro filter.
2. Go to render and click on render current frame.
3. Import the image that you previously rendered and place it on your timeline and delete the original muzzle flash effect.
4. Add a Value key to the new image, activate the Value key, it's already set to black so just slide the black point to the right and you'll see the black disappear, oh but you'll need to set your view to project over view and also place a pic or video underneath the new muzzle flash as a place holder so that you can see the effect take place.
5. Click the grade icon on the new muzzle flash layer and add an invert filter, this will turn any white pixels black.
Posted: Mon, 14th Feb 2011, 12:33am
Post 3 of 6
Eh, I just thought I'd expirament because I had a dream that seemed like a kind of cool consept for a film. Anyway, thanks! But, is there a simpler way to do this?
Posted: Mon, 14th Feb 2011, 12:58am
Post 4 of 6
Uh... that is the simple way to do it.
Posted: Mon, 14th Feb 2011, 1:26am
Post 5 of 6
If the effects in question are presets, and not stock footage, then you just need to do two things. Firstly, change the color of the effect to black, and secondly, set the Composite Blend mode for the layer to something that allows black to be visible, like Normal or Multiply.
Muzzle Flashes and most Fire effects will have the Composite Blend mode set to Add or Screen, both of which are designed to remove all black from the layer.
Posted: Mon, 14th Feb 2011, 1:32am
Post 6 of 6
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Thanks people! So simple...God I'm stupid