You are viewing an archive of the old fxhome.com forums. The community has since moved to hitfilm.com.

How do I get rid of this annoying black line?

Posted: Sun, 13th Mar 2011, 8:56am

Post 1 of 3

Jam Pot Studios

Force: 450 | Joined: 12th Apr 2010 | Posts: 11

EffectsLab Pro User FXhome Movie Maker

Gold Member

So I've been using EffectsLab/VisionLab for about a year now (I think), and have been plagued by one single problem for this whole time - when I put an image into my project, usually as .png's or .jpg's, it appears to move when I export it. I'm not explaining this well, so here's what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOhkoEkTKJU

See how the photo in the background appears to move up and down, giving me that really annoying black line? Well, this has happened in pretty much everything I've tried to do with stills, from photos to text. It's really starting to hack me off.

Can anyone tell me if they've had the same problem, or if there's a way to avoid this happening?

-Jam

Oh, and in case it helps, I export everything as AVI's, using the DV Video Encoder.
Posted: Sun, 13th Mar 2011, 2:47pm

Post 2 of 3

2xZProductions

Force: 674 | Joined: 27th Mar 2010 | Posts: 196

EffectsLab Pro User FXpreset Maker

Gold Member

I don't really know, there could be a number of issues. Maybe the background image needs to be scaled up, maybe its your encoder, but there is no way of really knowing. Try different things to get rid of it, but it's honestly not the biggest deal in the world.

-2xZ
Posted: Sun, 13th Mar 2011, 6:05pm

Post 3 of 3

Axeman

Force: 17995 | Joined: 20th Jan 2002 | Posts: 6124

VisionLab User VideoWrap User PhotoKey 5 Pro User MuzzlePlug User PowerPlug User PhotoKey 3 Plug-in User FXhome Movie Maker FXpreset Maker MacOS User

SuperUser

Rating: +1

Its almost certainly an interlacing issue. When combining different types of media, such as video footage (likely interlaced) and still images (most likely progressive), it can be tricky to get the settings correct. If your footage is interlaced, you might try using a still image format that allows for interlacing, such as PNG. Or, try creating a progressive project and import everything, and see if the problem persists. If that eliminates the problem, then you may need to adjust some other settings as well to get the speed correct, but I'd almost guarantee that the root of the problem is based in interlacing.