Posted: Sat, 2nd Aug 2003, 4:18am
Post 1 of 5
I wanted to do a horizontal split screen and be a genie with a purpilish squigly-tail where my legs would have normally been. Please help!
Posted: Sat, 2nd Aug 2003, 8:33am
Post 2 of 5
Dunno about alam doing the purplish bit, but it won't be able to do the split screen.
What software do you have to do this stuff?
Posted: Sun, 3rd Aug 2003, 3:04am
Post 4 of 5
1. Film a background plate.
2. place your subject (that's you!) in the frame without moving the camera.
3. Place the cubject (you) clip in After Effects and just create a blue solid shape from the waist down over the subject (you).
4. Export (make movie) that clip and then make a new comp.
5. In new comp. place background plate and new subject footage that you just exported and simply key out the flat blue shape. Look at that you'll have no legs!
6. The background plate should show through and match up if you didn't move the camera. Then simply export that entire clip.
7. Open AlamDV2 and use some funky plugs to achieve the desired effect, you could use the semi-recent nightcrawler teleportation effect and just select a few frames and repeat them over and over and over and over...again. Or I think there's a magicians teleport in there somewhere that you can do the same with.
(This is a kind of hard way at doing it, but then you learn more skills this way. Alternatively you can learn different skills by masking the subject layer up until the waist and have the desired background plate show through. This is a much easier and quicker example, and you learn masking skills which is cool. I just had some extra spare time on my hands so I thought I'd do an extensive version.)
If you don't have After Effects then premiere can do the work for you.
1. Import your background plate and place it on video track 1, import your subject and place it on video track 2.
2. Go into transparency option for video track 2 footage. On the top right should be a box that shows your clip and says -sample- at the top.
3. Around the footage in the -sample- box you'll notice 4 little squares at each corner. select the bottom left and drag it up until your legs start to disappear. select the bottom right one and make the mask level, and because your background plate is on the video track 1 it should show through. Look at that! No legs again! You are now a digital amputee.
Export that timeline and apply the AlamDV2 effects for desired limb reconstruction.
Posted: Sun, 3rd Aug 2003, 9:37am
Post 5 of 5
I would have wrote that if he replied